Women who constantly seek to be desirable to men

I love you ladies just the way you are, especially if you are good at cooking. :love:
Timoc, you rock! Keep on your good work, especially since some people seem to be offended by some of your comments. I like your witty remarks and I don't see any reason to criticize them. To those people who are offended by everything: "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye and do not consider the plank in your own eye?"(King James Bible, New Version, Matthew 7:3).
By the way, a Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it and a good time to those who don't.

Like them: Made up, grimy, funny and drunk, but they thought they were as divinely attractive as Aphrodites.
While I initially thought it a bit funny, I now realize it’s very sad. They’ve probably lost their eyesight so can’t see what they’re doing or what it looks like. 🙁

@timoc I don't know if you're joking or not. But I hate the prejudice you have toward women as expressed in your statement.
Dear lady, I have a great admiration for ladies, especially those on this superb forum. I feel sad that you have totally mistaken the sentiments of my post, I always try to put a smile on the members faces, not hurt or insult them.
If you are offended by my posting then I do apologise, but why is it that other members show their approval of the posting that you clearly don't like. Again, I'm truly sorry that you are not on my wavelength. 😊

I seek to be admirable to everyone, not in a sexual manner, but to be admired for my style. Y'know, "Wow, that Jujube....she always looks great and always has it together!"

It hasn't happened yet, unfortunately, but hope springs eternal..... Maybe, one of these days, it'll be, "Wow, that old gal Jujube! 100 years old and she always has it together!" Of course, I'll have it together but I won't remember where I put it.....

I rarely used much make up in my life. My mother was in show business, and she lobbied me against it since it was so detrimental to the skin. She showed me that the natural look was the better of them all. Her skin was lovely to the day she died. I never thought about dressing or using make up to catch a man. Actually, if he found me interesting enough, I'd let him chase after me. More fun that way.

I do not judge anyone as to how or what they employ to get a guy. That's strictly their business.

By the way, Timoc is having a great time with this post and I applaud him for it.

These women left their self respect behind but were not prostitutes in a coarse sense. They simply knew the rules and played the part. They lived a life far above domesticity and the daily grind of most of us, being wined, dined and admired. Not for them to look after a man and a home, to cook and clean.

I found that very sad though and never envied it. Theirs was a sad life in important ways, a shallow cynical way to sample the finer things in life.
To me all forms of prostitution are coarse. Women who sell themselves, whether it's at a truck stop to a poor man or at the Kit Kat Club to a rich man, it's all the same to me and I have no respect for any of them.

Last edited:
In earlier times there existed much more uncomfortable ways for women of the upper class to be attractive for the opposite s.x. I'm thinking of corsets for a small waist in Western cultures and the even harmful practice of footbinding in China to obtain a "golden lotus" in the extreme.
Now they just spend thousands of dollars and undergo life threatening surgery to have balls of solution implanted in their chests. We've come a long way, baby.

What Nancy Pelosi really looks like when she's not speaking with animation or when gangs of men aren't trying to kill her.

Pelosi_Karl-e1701200456454.jpeg

I don't respect such women. We all know them, the ones who set store by their figures and beauty status alone, even in old age. Trying to defy time. What is that? It's encouraged by TV and media, as if life is primarily about sexuality and desirability. Oh I was intent enough in youth of worrying about men finding me attractive and I basked in it when they did. Now I am old and I think I grew up. I really don't care and I see the absurdity of it. So how important is attractiveness to the opposite sex in mature years? Surely it is programmed in us as a necessary spur to reproduction rather than a perpetual preoccupation.
Thread title is:
Women who constantly seek to be desirable to men

should be;
Older women who constantly seek to be desirable to men

Even though in your opening post you referred to "mature years", you generalized it below in posting across all adult ages that is why some pushed back. Beauty is huge for young adults for a long list of obvious reasons including career, finding a mate, and social success. What is a valid topic would be about older women that have lost most of their youthfulness overly obsessed so. Especially those in public as celebrities. But the latter is more about strong news media interests by multitudes of celebrity obsessed persons in the public. For most of us that is just a big yawn.

Well I'll be 83 in June and I still wear makeup....it is NOT to attract a man and it is NOT anyone else's business...do old men still get haircuts, brush their teeth, dye their hair and shave to be desirable to a woman???
Really.... Who cares?

yes exactly. People can do what they like re appearance/clothing etc and look how they like and it is nobody else's problem

It is good t o be well groomed and care about ones appearance (not obsessed about it, just care enough)

and if people are looking after their appearance and trying to get a partner, why is that wrong?

Of course people can care about their appearance without doing it to try to get a partner - but looking for a partner isnt wrong either

still not sure what OP's objection really is. :unsure:

View attachment 337718
Well said, Sophia Loren is a good example. She refused to go under the knife, doesn't try to look young, she simply looks good, and why not?
Here! Here! There is a huge difference between trying to look good for yourself and others, and trying to fool others about your age. That doesn’t fool anybody. In fact it usually points out the advancing age.

I try to look the best I can at my age. That means wearing clean clothes that fit me well, tossing that old flannel shirt when it looks like I’m wearing a cleaning rag, keeping my weight at a healthy level, and avoiding stupid tricks like the comb over. I sometimes will dress in modern styles but only if they don’t clash with my age and thus make me look foolish. And a nice hat always adds a dash of the ‘bon vivant’ to how one projects oneself.

But, that’s me. To each, his or her own.

FWIW, i find that good diet and some exercise help not only the inside, but they also project a more alive and vigorous (dare I say younger) outer self.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
Do you think your jealousy is getting the best of you? A while back you had a post saying you had a friend who is really attractive and gets all the attention when you all go out together. She kept calling you and you wouldn’t answer. She didn’t know she was getting dropped as your friend.
I'm not jealous of anyone and I have not regretted getting rid of that friend. We had grown entirely apart and had nothing left in common.

I like to feel good about myself, put my best effort forward each day.
Really could care less about what others think about that. I appreciate
a really sweet hot chick. No big deal. Seen plenty. Hope to see more.
Saw one approaching 60 today. Still sweet and hot, very nice girl too!
I can only imagine the win - wins of knowing her!

Also, in the Last year of The Nancy I thought she was grinding her false teeth a lot at the mic. So much hostility, she had.

I'm not jealous of anyone and I have not regretted getting rid of that friend. We had grown entirely apart and had nothing left in common.

We established that in post #35.
You just finished typing out the exact same post as you did the other day…. Word for word.

I think any women who have overdone it in cosmetic surgery, well they are really sad human beings. But if you have had cosmetic surgery and look much improved but natural, I think that is just fine. If you can wear sexy clothes when much older, well kudos to you. Desirable is not the problem, only if a woman depends on her looks for everything. For example, she does not do or enjoy anything creative or intellectual, only looking desirable when much older, that to me, signifies a self-esteem problem.

Back