• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day... Belcher

Aunt Marg

SF VIP
Belcher: a blue neckerchief having large white spots with dark blue spots at their centers. 2 : a multicolored handkerchief worn about the neck.

A person who belches.

A belcher chain

belcherchain173gsetin9ct400.jpg

I think it's good to have a word for things like a special kerchief or other item, that is worn around the neck....:)

but....... :oops:;):sneaky:
I wish for, and would have preferred our language to have some other word for it, :geek::cool:
:LOL:

rather than the term belcher, which certainly conjures up only that other meaning! :whistle::giggle::ROFLMAO::)

Strict, but not overly strict, but my mom had ideals and she had no qualms in letting us all know.

Belching and passing gas were two things my mom did not go for.
Ideals with gas...you gotto be kidding! I can see ideals with important things but gas is a natural thing that everybody does and most do if freely.

Ideals with gas...you gotto be kidding! I can see ideals with important things but gas is a natural thing that everybody does and most do if freely.
Not kidding, and I never allowed my kids to openly belch or pass gas freely, and if and when they did (by accident), an "excuse me" was expected.

Not kidding, and I never allowed my kids to openly belch or pass gas freely, and if and when they did (by accident), an "excuse me" was expected.
I was the same way with my kids. But when my grandsons come, I laugh when they belch!

What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's.

Back