• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word Of The Day: Din

I don't realize the presence of the traffic and other noises outside my house at night until I close the window in the early morning. Then it's very peaceful to not hear the din.

When I was younger I could remain mentally focused on a task, regardless of a background din, but later on, I became no longer capable of ignoring such mental irritation caused by Tv, or unwanted music, or voices, that created too much din.

Last edited:
I mostly keep my front room windows closed to block out the din that is there most of the time. I live on a main street and it can get really annoying with all kinds of noises from people talking to yard equipment being used and also loud trucks. I need to open them more often but because of the din I do not and instead open my back bedroom window to allow fresh air in that my birdie needs. Then I have to close the back bedroom windows when the skunks decide to do their thing.... :LOL: So that is why I constantly have fans going on to circulate the air when I cannot open the windows.

Back