• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day: Fecund

RubyK

fe·cund | \ ˈfe-kənd , ˈfē- \​

Definition of fecund

1: fruitful in offspring or vegetation : PROLIFIC a fecund breed of cattle
2: intellectually productive or inventive to a marked degree a fecund imagination a fecund source of information

Jeremy has a fecund knowledge of computers and can fix just about any problem one has with them.

It looks like a word that would work well in written form. But, I wonder what sort of reaction it would draw if used verbally. Some words, I have found work best when presented only in written form. Thank you for your offering. An interesting word.

It looks like a word that would work well in written form. But, I wonder what sort of reaction it would draw if used verbally. Some words, I have found work best when presented only in written form. Thank you for your offering. An interesting word.
I agree with that interesting idea, that some words seem best for writing, rather than speaking;

and it's nice to learn those words like thisone, fecund, because we might encounter a word such as that, even if we don't ourselves, use it in either our speaking or writing.

Sometime in thefuture, when we are reading something that someone else wrote;
We might encounter the word, and remember it from this this forum, and then we will comprehend the intended conceptof that writer.🤩

Back