• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day - Gongoozler

I found your first sentence a bit hard to follow but will try to post a sentence for the word.

My neighbor who moved used to be a big gongoozler as he would stand outside near the entrances much of the time. I found out he was trying to find out what everyone was doing here all the time. Then he would talk about it to the managers or other folks.

I hope the next time I do something ridiculous by mistake,:oops::rolleyes::eek:o_O
that there are not too many gongoozlers hovering nearby for too long. :sneaky::giggle:

I agree, and it also sounds like part of a Nursery Rhyme. 😁
~~~~~

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe;

That attracted so many gongoozlers, she didn't know what to do.

So she set up a large camera, and put them all on TV.

Gosh I sure am glad (or am I totally certain?) that it was not me!
🙃😆

Gongoozler (noun) - a person who stands still for prolonged periods of time looking any unusual or extraordinary things or events.

I swear that I'm going to charge rent to the gongoozlers at my yard sale.
Think of it this way: If there are gongoozlers at your yard sale, it means the items you're selling are special & it takes more time to admire them. :)

And in keeping with a Seuss-like possibility:
~~~

There were so many gongoozlers in Gongoozledyland,

That they formed a huge and a one-of-a-kind Band.....

Adding jooglers and booglers, and fiddledeedeez,

Complete with flying fliers and a dozen dancing treez!

:LOL:

I have 2 words: vidiots and shutternuts
A vidiot is an idiot with a video camera that plants himself in front of something forever. We were in the Topkapi Palace in Istandbul and one of these vidiots parked himself in front of the jeweled dagger and nobody else could see it.
A shutternut is a person with a camera that will elbow people out of the way to get a shot. When we were in St. Peter's in the Vatican, my wife was standing in front of the main altar having a religious moment. She was elbowed by some guy with a camera. If she had not been standing in such a sacred place, she would have decked him.

Back