Wordle

Rose65

I posted a thread about this before but I cannot find it! So bear with me.

I really enjoy my daily Wordle challenge and am getting better though not always successful.

Someone on here mentioned Word Tango and so I started doing that and I love it. So thankyou to that person.

Just did today's. Didn't get it until the 6th word. I knew three letters and their right positions on the third try, so it was easy to think of words, but there were still too many words and any of them could be correct. I hate when that happens, it just becomes lucky guesses from then on until you either get the word or run out of tries.

Having a start word that has the most vowels in it seems to work for my Wife on Wordle. I hate games, so I just ignore this one like all the rest. JimB.
It's a place to start. Adieu and Radio are recommended in the NYT game directions, but often you only get one letter out of those. My second try always stresses consonants, with whatever vowels I picked up on the first try. After that, things get more creative.

Anybody tried Qwordle - very similar but you have 10 rows to crack 4 separate words?

My husband found it and now we both have an extra satisfying daily challenge. Still free.

I do my main Wordle each morning, then set myself the Qwordle after lunch. I really know how to live life to the full! I only started 2 days ago. The first day I couldn't do it but by day 2 I found I cracked it, my brain found it's own little system.

Try typing Miriam Webster Qwordle. This is who has acquired the Wordle game from what I gather.

Last edited:
I've zoomed down to zero from my best streak of 30 today, failure.
However, I am surprised to have begun cracking the Qwordle some days, I really like the extra challenge and that I do the 'practice' anytime. In fact getting a bit obsessed!
My husband is very good, he's cracking the 8 words challenge.

I too, am getting is fast. By the second or 3rd try. I don't think anything has changed in the selection of words, but, I seem to intuitively use the right letters and cannot figure out why.
Your brain becomes faster and better, this is good and satisfying. We really need challenge to feel stimulation mentally. It's amazing how quickly we can progress. I used to think I couldn't do Wordle at first.

I was proud of my 580 word streak . Then I got a new phone and it disappeared. Now I am down to 56. I always start with ADIEU. I thought yesterday's answer was a little odd. It was the word for a Russian country home. I got it in three but thought they must be running out of words.

I was proud of my 580 word streak . Then I got a new phone and it disappeared. Now I am down to 56. I always start with ADIEU. I thought yesterday's answer was a little odd. It was the word for a Russian country home. I got it in three but thought they must be running out of words.
I only ever play on my Computer never on my phone...

Back