World's Oldest Man - 115 Years, 253 Days

SifuPhil

R.I.P. With Us In Spirit Only
jiroemon-kimura.jpg

Jiroemon Kimura was born when Queen Victoria was still ruling over the British Empire, and in late December the Guiness Book of World Records declared him the Oldest Living Man in the World.

Kimura's birthdate is April 19, 1897 and was born in western Japan in the 30[SUP]th[/SUP] year of the Meiji Era. He is among 22 Japanese men on a list of the world's 64 oldest people created by the Los Angeles-based Gerontology Research Group.

He has never suffered from serious diseases, can communicate and spends most of his time in bed, his grandson's widow, Eiko Kimura said. "Grandpa is positive and optimistic. He becomes cheerful when he has guests. He's well with a good appetite. Even when he falls ill, I can tell he'll recover."

Way to go, Mr. Kimura!

There are, as you can imagine, a lot of arguments about a record like this. In China there was a well-known martial artist who supposedly lived to 119, but there are questions about the documentation.

Heck, I'm happy I've lasted THIS long!

Sometime last week or this week, there was a segment on one of the daytime shows about "Super Agers" - evidently I don't get in that category because I can't remember when I watched it - lol lol

Anyway, it spoke specifically to two 80's+ women who not only spoke and thought "sharp as a tack" but neither of them looked their age. You could've knocked a good 15 years off their looks. One woman had absolutely NOTHING for wrinkles on her face or forehead; her skin was impeccable. You knew she was an older woman but I would've never-in-a-million years come close to guessing her age.

There are bran scan studies being conducted on these "Super Agers" and "they" are finding astounding differences in the physical makeup inside the brains of these folks vs. folks who are aging "normally" or not well at all.

I haven't Googled "Super Agers" yet to see if there's any credible articles out there because I keep forgetting - further to me not having to worry about being a Super Ager - lol lol

The gentlement in your post sure looks great for 115 as long as he really is 115, like you alluded to. But those two 80 yr old woment on that daytime segment looked like they had dipped into Bruce Willis' magic potion in the movie "Death Becomes Her" lol lol lol

When I read this post, I was reminded of those Dannon Yogurt commercials from the 1970's, where Soviet Georgian farmers in their 80's - 90's were eating yogurt, while their equally elderly mothers (114 years old, one of them was) looked on with big smiles. Maybe that's his secret....Dannon Yogurt, lol! :) :)

Back