Would you call this table

It's typical of what you would find in a farmhouse, but it's far from being saleable as an antique.

The reason is that there were hundreds if not thousands of those made. Its a utilitarian table designed for a family to sit down and have a meal.

I put it on Marketplace for $100 and got a nibble, but haven't heard back. I get that a lot. Even if the person responds to my answer that it is still available, they will say something to the effect that they didn't mean to hit the availability button.

I put it on Marketplace for $100 and got a nibble, but haven't heard back. I get that a lot. Even if the person responds to my answer that it is still available, they will say something to the effect that they didn't mean to hit the availability button.
$100?

That's a steal!

Anyone wanting to jip me down, I'd tell them, please be my guest, and if you can find a solid wood table for $100 or under, all the power to you.

Gosh, the junk that's out there today! I'm talking modern store-bought furniture, and it all looks the same.

I have an aunt (believe it or not) who will argue up and down with you and I, Aneeda, that wearing outdoor footwear in a home is cleaner and more sanitary than wearing stocking feet. :rolleyes:
From a scientific point of view. Feet are loaded with bacteria. Athlete's foot. Toenail fungus And subject to strange diseases like Equatorial feet .And plantar wart All communicable.

You want to know why there is so much sickness these days? People have pampered their immune systems and have no defense. You need dirt and germ exposure to exercise your immune system to stay healthy.
@debodun you are more right than you know
When I was a child our Dr Heddle would often say "We all have to eat a pound of dirt before we die"
Not that he meant go out and physically eat a pound of dirt in the garden but a home should not be a sterile environment
Just quietly I love your table and I called huz to have a look and he liked it too
According to Antiques Roadshow you cannot fake a patina like that because it comes from the item being used as it should

Good question.

I don’t walk around in someone else’s house with bare feet.
Even if a their cat has crapped in your shoes that you took off?

Happened to me. I walked home in the rain in my bare feet. (y)
How did we go from Deb's table to 'feet'?
It happens in all forums. Threads have a way of morphing as soon as something remembers something even remotely related. That's just my personal observation.

Back