wow basic competency is gone ... a thing of the past

USPS: "We delivered it."
Me: "To my house?"
USPS: "Yes."
Me: "Could you check on that?"
USPS: "We don't make mistakes."
Me: "Could you check on it?"
USPS: "Oh, we delivered it to a house two blocks east of yours. Is there anything else you need?"
Me: "Yeah, my package."

That was pretty close to my actual conversation with USPS. The people who got my package brought it to my house the next day, but after opening it.

Maybe some or part of the reason for rude nonservice is so much is done over the internet talking is a lost art. I have been searching for a special model of truck for seven weeks now and have fired five dealerships for their mindless efforts and in one case the selling the vehicle they called me on before I got there to look at it. Just two days ag a salesman called me and asked if I found that truck yet and I told him no. He said he had what he thought was a Sport. I get a lot of calls from sales people thinking they have what I want. They all just want me to drive 50 miles to come out so they can sell me something other than what I want Well a Sport is only a part of the truck I want so I asked him for details and pics . Later I went online to see what he sent and the pics might as well have been two boxes of cat food. Nowhere near what I just told him. So his dealership joined my list of "Don't Ever Try To Make Contact Again."

Back