Yahoo Finance Federal Reserve pushes interest rates above 5% for first time since 2007

You nailed it.

I started this thread to discuss the fact that CD's are at 5%. A good place to put cash. But thanks to one poster that has tried to take over this thread it's become anything but that.
yep, too bad. His credibility goes away as soon as he becomes toxic because of his personality or being argumentative and personally attacking people, thinking that supports his views.

waiting to read your supporting articles
And yet, you still can't acknowledge how poorly you treat strangers on here. Funny, you always avoid those comments.
I have 3 financial advisors, and each of them lead me down the same path on investing. This is good, because they all show me why they think what they think. Not bringing up websites, but doing the math on the board, using factual data, not web sites that are obscure.
oh, and they don't demean me in the process.

So you want us to just go 'cut and paste' from a site that sides with me? So it ends up a battle of who can look up enough websites. Do you actually believe every website you come across.
as i expected .. you have nothing to dispute the fact that the higher rates and higher inflation leaves most Americans in worse shape and is dangerous to retirees

Last edited:
sorry if proving someone’s claims are fact less and weak hurts their feelings.

perhaps we need a dr phil forum for them
The point your claims lack any facts beside a 'cut & paste' off some obscure websites.
You feel, that 1) its 'fact', and 2) belittling people furthers your point.
So, you justify belittling people actually strengthens your views. In what world does make sense?
I know, I know, you will ignore and go back to your weak position of 'cute & paste' as a factual statement

The point your claims lack any facts beside a 'cut & paste' off some obscure websites.
So, you justify belittling people actually strengthens your views. In what world does make sense?
I know, I know, you will ignore and go back to your weak position of 'cute & paste' as a factual statement
these are facts .. go google them if you think i cherry picked it …all you do is dispute things , whine and disprove nothing.

so far all you did is accuse me of bad behavior because i disputed claims made with data and facts .

you have posted nothing to show what i said isn’t fact .

so this conversation with you and old montana are a total waste of time and i am done responding to your baseless claims that i am incorrect….

the higher rates paid today and higher inflation are leaving most americans and retirees worse off then they were with lower rates and lower inflation

so either prove that wrong or i suggest the doctor phil forum for your feelings

Last edited:
sorry if proving someone’s claims are fact less and weak hurts their feelings.

perhaps we need a dr phil forum for them
these are facts .. go google them if you think i cherry picked it …all you do is dispute things , whine and disprove nothing.

so far all you did is accuse me of bad behavior because i disputed claims made with data and facts .

you have posted nothing to show what i said isn’t fact .

so this conversation with you and old montana are a total waste of time and i am done responding to your baseless claims that i am incorrect….

the higher rates paid today and higher inflation are leaving most americans and retirees worse off then they were with lower rates and lower inflation

so either prove that wrong or i suggest the doctor phil forum for your feelings
So, we finally agree...you ignored your belittling people.
I hope folks can see your crude personality overshadows anything you have to say financially.
Don't worry, I am done playing your game....I will block you, not because you have 'factual' information (which you don't), but I can't lower myself to your level of berating dialog.

i am done …obviously you don’t want to verify what i posed as fact despite there are endless articles and studies done in this fact

just keep using the fact i pasted these widely known stats as your defense.

either go educate yourself by looking it up yourself or this conversation is over and you can go on believing your own bull sh#t along with old montana.

i have no patience for those who just want to argue with no basis

bye

Because your 'fact' is nothing more than a 'Cut & Paste' from whatever website you find to support your opinion. I can find web sites to support mine. That doesn't make either opinion more valid.
I take your 'findings' word for word, and plug them into Google and see exactly where you got your information from, and they are not creditable sites in most cases. So don't act like you are this enlightened investor, when its all about 'cut & pasting'.

Why are you stuck on CD's? You talk like the current financial situation is affecting all of us. Its not. Just on your home interest rates. You act like it affects most Americans, it doesn't. Most are still benefiting from low, locked in interest rates.

We don't have to prove you wrong. We just have to do our on investigations and find how shallow your views are.

i am done …obviously you don’t want to verify what i posed as fact despite there are endless articles and studies done in this fact

just keep using the fact i pasted these widely known stats as your defense.

either go educate yourself by looking it up yourself or this conversation is over and you can go on believing your own bull sh#t along with old montana.

i have no patience for those who just want to argue with no basis

bye
You posted....

"i have no patience for those who just want to argue with no basis"

It seems you are the one that likes to argue, and you come up with your opinions as fact...they are not.

done here trying to explain it to you ..believe what you like ..

most americans will disagree with you that we were not getter off with lower inflation , lower prices , lower rates and higher portfolios for those who invest any meaningful sums then the small percentage who claim they are better off because cds are 5%

done here trying to explain it to you ..believe what you like ..

most americans will disagree with you that we were not getter off with lower inflation , lower prices , lower rates and higher portfolios for those who invest any meaningful sums then the small percentage who claim they are better off because cds are 5%
More misinformation about what I said or think.

One more lie about me and you go on ignore!

Back