Your Bucket List Of Untried Food/Beverages

Damaged Goods

I have a small list:

Lamb, crayfish to include the various preparation methods, sake, and, especially Pappy Van Winkle's 23-year-old bourbon 2015 release because it's hard to imagine the combination of tastes of caramel, apples oak, tobacco, and chocolate!

I'd like to try paw paw fruit, natto, and kumquats. I'm sure there are more, but they're not coming to mind.

I'm pretty much willing to try anything *once*.

NOT on my bucket list:

Monkey brains
Anything made by someone chewing it first
Blow fish that may or may not have the part removed that can paralyze and kill you

In the Amazon basin, I did try a taste of some drink "traditionally" made of chewed-up something, but I was assured by our guide that this was the "tourist version" and was produced in a sanitary manner. Either way, it was nasty beyond belief and left a bad taste in my mouth for hours. The monkey brains was beginning to look good at that point.

1599944053782.jpeg

I'm curious about Pappy Van Winkle's 23-year-old bourbon too.

They talk about it on the NCIS Los Angeles television series.

Someday I'll order a shot when I'm out rather than invest in a bottle.

My Husband tried this one time at a resturant. He wanted me to see if I liked it. I refused to try it He said it was good.

Sweetbread
a part (called the pancreas) of a young cow or sheep that is eaten as food

My Husband tried this one time at a resturant. He wanted me to see if I liked it. I refused to try it He said it was good.

Sweetbread
a part (called the pancreas) of a young cow or sheep that is eaten as food
I refused to eat sweetbreads; my mother would eat it occasionally.

There's a lot of vegan type meals I'd like to try--not a vegan but I think they've got a good nutritional content without all the fat (not that I haven't liked it!). I'm interested in different produce from different countries but don't know all the names of their foods. And there are some good deserts out there I'd love to try!

Back