Your Favourite folk and country songs and music Old and new!"!

I first heard of one of Australia's most popular country singers when I was there back in 2014. So for our friends down under and to introduce him to everyone else here's Slim Dusty singing A pub with no beer. Based so it's said on a true story

I first heard of one of Australia's most popular country singers when I was there back in 2014. So for our friends down under and to introduce him to everyone else here's Slim Dusty singing A pub with no beer. Based so it's said on a true story

Slim Dusty sounds a lot like old-time USA country/billy-rock/blue-grass. I liked it.

This one is a favorite of Collin's (former foster son, who was not yet 2yrs old when he started rockin out to Dead South). Fortunately, I like them, too, a LOT.

Slim Dusty sounds a lot like old-time USA country/billy-rock/blue-grass. I liked it.

This one is a favorite of Collin's (former foster son, who was not yet 2yrs old when he started rockin out to Dead South). Fortunately, I like them, too, a LOT.

Check out his other songs, all of course with an Austarlian theme. He sang Waltzing Matilda at the closing ceremony of the Sydney Olympics in 2000. When Slim Dusty died in 2003 he was given a state funeral. During the ceremony which was attended among others by the Australian Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition the congregation in the cathedral sang A pub with no beer. I don't think there are many singers who are given a tribute like that.

Back