Your memorable kiddy show hosts of childhood?

In Northern California I remember Jerrio the Clown. His show was near lunchtime so I would join him in making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and cutting into fourths. I also was a fan of Captain Kangaroo. I liked Mr. Moose.

Wow! This sent me on a nostalgic trip. I enjoyed Captain Kangaroo, Lamb Chop, and others mentioned. We had a wonderful man that dressed up in the current costume to entertain the local kids: Bozo, an Astronaut and he finally had his own show. It was always fun to go to the studio to be on the show for your birthday!

I was raised by my grandparents. Grandpa liked his westerns and Grandma liked Lawrence Welk and Ed Sullivan. I watched some TV, but mostly read as a kid.

A local show..Rocketship 7 Starring Dave Roberts as Commander Tom
A bit of trivia...Dave was the father of David Boreanez Who Played Seely Booth, the FBI agent on Bones, In one episode of Bones there is a brief shout out to the show when there was a scene from it in a Bones episode and Booth Said "Oh, I used to watch that when I was a kid"

Howdy Doody was my favorite but I also watched Kukla Fran and Ollie, Captain Video who I saw in person when a new ice cream shop opened near us. He was the guest star.
As a very young kid we had yet to get a TV, so I'd wait for Howdy Doody time, knock on a neighbor's door, and ask if Johnny could come out and play. (-8

It was the 40's when I was a kid so no TV. On the radio though, there was Big John and Sparky which was on every Saturday morning and I was glued to it.

Like millions of other young boys I had a really big crush on Annette Funicello so I'd always watch the Mickey Mouse Club when I wasn't out riding my bike and terrorizing the neighborhood.

ann.jpg

Back