Zoom Site??

@Mitch86

Zoom works great, once it's set up. To host a meeting though takes more effort than to just be a participant.

There are alternatives that are easier to use if one wants to video chat with others. I posted a link above but
a search query for "how to video chat" also should also turn up ways to do so.

It's a wonderful idea. I've been waiting for Medusa to schedule one again. I met/saw/interacted with about five or six people for a half hour, and it shows the person's personality, hearing them speak, seeing them, is bringing them closer here on the forum.
I was not a fan of Skype, always felt self conscious at seeing myself while running my mouth, but once I got used to ignoring my little screen and focused on others, it was fine. Few think of ourselves as nice looking, seeing the wrinkles and grey hair, but it does bring us closer.

Unless you don't want people to see who you really are, pretending to be someone younger, then join in. It's a half hour well spent! There are those of us who focus on the beauty of the person on the inside.

Ready to try it....come on....
Does anyone think it would be beneficial if someone set up a Zoom meeting once per week so all we dying very old folks can meet each other before we head to Heaven?
We just had another one yesterday, March 26, 2023 and one about a week before that.
As things are at the moment: @Right Now does the scheduled ahead meetings and I do the pop-ups.
Lemme find the links to the recent Zoom threads which contain information about how to log on and what to do once you have, for when we have our next meeting. (Ignore any meeting codes, etc. as they are expired now and new ones will be issued for upcoming meetings.)

Here's one from the 26th: https://www.seniorforums.com/posts/2464889/
2nd one from the continuations meeting on the same day:

We are going around again. (Continued Zoom)

And this one from @Right Now's recent meeting:

Zoom Meeting Scheduled , Join us

Last edited:

Back