Age gap relationship? Is it ok, 20 years.

They are both good-looking guys and yep, your SIL will never age. :ROFLMAO: I'm happy for them. It is so nice to see young gay men these days that are free to live their authentic lives. It took a long time to happen.
They are so genuinely in love, I am so happy for them, and yes...that freedom has been a long time coming.
Talk about never aging- my SIL's mother is 63 but could pass for his sister.

Update!
I was rejected because of my age.
But looking at her past relationships, it's for the best!
I'm just beside myself?
My age is worse than.... physical abuse?
Mental abuse? Emotional abuse? Financial abuse? Even sexual abuse?
These are her last relationships!
Why am I forever alone?
Why? Because you're setting your sights on women who are not attracted to you. Women don't choose mates based on, "he's not as bad as those other guys" and they most often are not physically attracted to men 20 year older than they are. Some women are, but most women are not. Just as you're probably not interested in a romantic relationship with any 83 year old woman you know, and you probably wouldn't start to be attracted to her just because you found out she was not abusive.

If you don't want to be alone forever you'll greatly increase your odds of finding love if you try to meet a woman closer to your own age. Then ask her for a date and kiss her good night. If she says yes to a second date you'll know she finds you physically attractive. Don't waste another six months telling yourself lies.

Why? Because you're setting your sights on women who are not attracted to you. Women don't choose mates based on, "he's not as bad as those other guys" and they most often are not physically attracted to men 20 year older than they are. Some women are, but most women are not. Just as you're probably not interested in a romantic relationship with any 83 year old woman you know, and you probably wouldn't start to be attracted to her just because you found out she was not abusive.

If you don't want to be alone forever you'll greatly increase your odds of finding love if you try to meet a woman closer to your own age. Then ask her for a date and kiss her good night. If she says yes to a second date you'll know she finds you physically attractive. Don't waste another six months telling yourself lies.
Whoah !! An 83 year old woman? Way too young for me. If I'd have met her at 19 (my age when I met my wife) she'd have been only 12 and her folks would probably have had me arrested!!

Dave I took that post to mean OP, as a 63 year old man, probably wouldn't be attracted to an 83 year old woman - not that nobody would or that no 83 years olds are attractive.

Dave I took that post to mean OP, as a 63 year old man, probably wouldn't be attracted to an 83 year old woman - not that nobody would or that no 83 years olds are attractive.
Right. Actually, after my mother died, my lonely father did quite a bit of dating and ended up proposing to a woman who was five years his senior, a lovely 83 year-old.

Right. Actually, after my mother died, my lonely father did quite a bit of dating and ended up proposing to a woman who was five years his senior, a lovely 83 year-old.
I guess my attempt at humor failed . Sorry. I made the comment as a 90 year old man dating an 83 year old woman and, in an attempt at humor. transferred it down to being 19 and dating a 12 year old. Not an acceptable match in most folks eyes.
I am actually 90 and my wife will be 88 in 4 months.

For you it is an ideal option, as for any man. Especially if the relationship has everything, and the coincidence of interests, sex, hobbies, love. It's hard to keep yourself in shape at 63, but you can. You need sports, a healthy lifestyle to keep up with the 44-year-old lady, otherwise she will very soon start to see you as an old man.

For you it is an ideal option, as for any man. Especially if the relationship has everything, and the coincidence of interests, sex, hobbies, love. It's hard to keep yourself in shape at 63, but you can. You need sports, a healthy lifestyle to keep up with the 44-year-old lady, otherwise she will very soon start to see you as an old man.
It can be an ideal option if the interests and the level of maturity of both partners are similar. But I wouldn't like having a giggling half of the day looking at her cell phone female partner who is about 20 years younger.

Is 63 year old male to old to fall in love with a 44 year old female?
Would it be asking to much from a much younger person. We have become really good friends and I adore her. I think she is scared of the age difference, I know she loves me by the way she treats me and looks at me. She is so kind and gentle.
Anyway I don't want to be that old creepy guy, but I'm so much her other half that it hurts me not to be with her.
Just my opinion, but I think it largely depends on how you two feel about it. If you both are okay with it, go for it. As far as who is going to outlive who, you would need a crystal ball to figure that out.

Is 63 year old male to old to fall in love with a 44 year old female?
Would it be asking to much from a much younger person. We have become really good friends and I adore her. I think she is scared of the age difference, I know she loves me by the way she treats me and looks at me. She is so kind and gentle.
Anyway I don't want to be that old creepy guy, but I'm so much her other half that it hurts me not to be with her.

You only live once. Be happy (y)

In my opinion, if the age gap is 20 years, then there are things that you both would not be able to relate to. It’s a pretty good feeling when you talk about something, and the person you’re talking to knows exactly what you’re talking about.

Just my opinion, but I think it largely depends on how you two feel about it. If you both are okay with it, go for it. As far as who is going to outlive who, you would need a crystal ball to figure that out.

well since the lady in question doesn't feel right about it and has said no - then in this case, there is no going for it.

Back