College campus protests news

One of the main thrusts of these campus demonstrations is the BDS movement.
I wonder how many of the demonstrators know what BDS is and that it supports the destruction of the State of Israel and its citizens.

It's one thing to protest with true concern for the lives lost & being lost & wanting to destroy the State of Israel and its citizens.

One of the tactics sometimes used by law enforcement when people "occupy a building " is to close off the exits, so no one can leave, shut off the water supply, the electricity, and the heating. Then let the occupiers try to figure out how to eat, wash and recharge their devices. Most of these people don't plan ahead, beyond the next day, so sitting in a closed up building after 8 days is a good way to deal with their stupidity. Once the food runs out, and the water runs out, and they begin to smell bad...JimB.

What was stupid about protesting the Vietnam war? Those who protested it may not have understood all the geopolitical aspects of the conflict, but many of their objections were valid.
I agree. There was nothing stupid about protesting the Vietnam war. Kudos to those who were old enough and able to protest. It was a worthwhile thing to do, because when it became apparent there was so little support at home for this expensive war it was funded less and so it eventually ended. Lives saved, at least.

One of the main thrusts of these campus demonstrations is the BDS movement.
I wonder how many of the demonstrators know what BDS is and that it supports the destruction of the State of Israel and its citizens.

It's one thing to protest with true concern for the lives lost & being lost & wanting to destroy the State of Israel and its citizens.

And? Wouldn't that make sense? That's a bit like saying, most the people shouting at Rigley Field are Cubs fans.

Destroying the State of Israel isn't a goal of the BDS movement. So?

The BDS movement is against "international complicity in the Israeli regime of occupation, apartheid and settler colonialism". You may not agree with it, but why is this a problem?

I agree. There was nothing stupid about protesting the Vietnam war. Kudos to those who were old enough and able to protest. It was a worthwhile thing to do, because when it became apparent there was so little support at home for this expensive war it was funded less and so it eventually ended. Lives saved, at least.

We're still talking about it now, so it was hardly worthless. Those who protested are remembered.

And? Wouldn't that make sense? That's a bit like saying, most the people shouting at Rigley Field are Cubs fans.

Destroying the State of Israel isn't a goal of the BDS movement. So?

The BDS movement is against "international complicity in the Israeli regime of occupation, apartheid and settler colonialism". You may not agree with it, but why is this a problem?
That is one view this is another.

Goals of BDS​

BDS seeks to end the “occupation and colonization of all Arab lands” and promotes a right of “Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties.” These goals undermine the fundamental right of the Jewish people to self-determination.

Demonstrating this point, one of the strategies put forth at the First Palestinian Conference for the Boycott of Israel is to “Emphasize that the BDS campaign does not only target Israel’s economy, but challenges Israel’s legitimacy, being a colonial and apartheid state, as part of the international community. Therefore, efforts are needed not only to promote wide consumer boycotts, but also boycotts in the fields of academia, culture and sports” (emphasis added).

BDS is the immoral collective punishment of Israelis and those who associate with them, undermining liberal values, such as academic freedom and freedom of expression, by restricting openness and tolerance.

BDS is the antithesis of universal human rights values, rooted in double standards that condemn a single country for isolation and pariah status. Through false comparisons to apartheid South Africa, BDS activists attempt to transform a political and territorial dispute into a question of racial discrimination.

I doubt many protestors consider this as a goal.

There’s not one shred of evidence of god’s existence. He could make the entire world believe in an instant if he existed. God was a concept made by ancient man to explain natural phenomena, etc which they found scary. It has since turned into a big money making business and a great way to control people. How many other things do you believe with absolutely zero evidence?
I disagree with the evidence part. But to each their own.

The Nazis did bad things to the Jews in the 30's and 40's so of course that made it OK to throw the Palestinians off their land and out of their homes in order to establish the state of Israle. And of course it also entiles Israel to continue to appropriate more land from the Palestinians by building more and more settlements.

As to why they're wearing masks - because it's 2024, that's why. They know there are possible ramifications that go beyond this issue, and they want to protect themselves. Sensible then. For example, people complain of "big brother", but don't bat an eye when governments (yes, including both the US and UK) use face-recognition camera's to identify people walking down a street. With our connectivity, it's a simple step to link one person on the front line with their employers, relatives, residences, etc. Are you okay with that?
Disagree. Sniveling cowards like the Ku Klux Klan. Show yourself. Say your name. Be resolute and proud of your well researched opinions that you hold dear. You're British. You never had to face the draft or Vietnam. You've had it easy compared to our American young brave men of the sixties. The ones who publicly showed it was their face behind the hand burning that draft card. They didn't snivel out of the consequences. Personally, I hate cowards. Despise them. If you're not okay with that, I could care less. Be Brave. Not stupid, not taking dumb chances, but be Brave. Or is moral courage out of style in 2024? Scary proposition.

Mask wearing sheep, that's what they are. I see a lot of hungry eyes in those crowds. Probably many just need to get laid......And many Arab boys are awfully cute

Last edited:
@Pepper, I agree with you that anyone that hides behind a mask is a coward.

IMO, hiding behind a mask in 2024 means you are showing your intention to do something wrong/illegal/or whatever you want to call it & to avoid being held responsible for your actions. If you really believe in something, then show your face to everyone.

You have the right to protest in this country, but you do not have the right to threaten lives, destroy property or cause problems to other people going about their own business.

If you do decide to protest on something, you had better well know what it is about & what you are getting involved in. You can't cry ignorance after a protest goes bad & your caught there & not expect to held liable for your participation.

My mother was involved in protesting the Vietnam war. In exactly what capacity, I'm not sure. I was a kid. She belonged to some group. Did they write letters? Or what, again not sure. I remember she tied a black cloth on the car antennae. I was embarrassed as a kid. I'm not sure what it symbolized.

I can give her credit as someone who lived through the Dresden bombings, she knew what war was. Then other times she was a crazed raging maniac and she lost my sympathies.

There are some problems with some terms in the war. First, neither side is anti-semitic, because each is a Semite. A Semite is a person, who speaks a Semitic language, which includes both Arabs and Israelis. Israelis refers to the state of Israel. Jews refer to those of the Hebrew religion. Arabs refers to citizens of some Middle East nations, while Islam refers to members of the religion of Mohammed.
I know this is picky, but people bandy thse terms about without knowing what they mean.

Ridiculous, they are preventing students from going to their classes. I say, throw a tear gas bomb and clear them out every time they set up tents and gather to protest. These are Hamas students causing the trouble.
Hilarious note: The student activist, Khymani James, banned from Columbia is gay. How long does he think he would last with the real Gaza. He loves to wear that stupid headgear. Living in a Fantasy.

Columbia University says it has banned student protester who said 'Zionists don't deserve to live'
Tents and Khymani James split image

Graduations now being canceled because of these protests. People who didn't get to participate a high school graduation ceremony also missing their college graduation ceremony.

USC seniors who didn’t have high school graduations due to COVID ‘in tears’ over canceled ceremony as campus overrun by anti-Israel protests

The good news is they got the paper/degree. They are college graduates regardless and that's how they should view it. I always thought too many got wrapped up in their college days/life as-is. They'll realize this fast one they see what that degree will or won't get them.

But this is another example of the ignorance of these 'protesters'. The world does not revolve around them or their cause. They are also alienating potential and future supporters.

Just noticed in pic I posted above of khymani james the two boys dressed up in the scarves of the real oppressors. This is play acting; role playing

I agree with Scott Galloway. These kids need to get laid. Instead of talking about this binary crap and doing nothing about it these kids seriously need sex with whatever partner of their choosing.

Bill Maher had a funny observation the other night. He said it's interesting how these college protests always seem to occur just before finals are scheduled.

I do wonder, seriously, if all this carrying on is just on American campuses. Are the students in European universities also acting like entitled and violent idiots?

Bill Maher had a funny observation the other night. He said it's interesting how these college protests always seem to occur just before finals are scheduled.

I do wonder, seriously, if all this carrying on is just on American campuses. Are the students in European universities also acting like entitled and violent idiots?
Yes there are demonstrations in Europe. I truly hesitate to call them things like entitled and violent and idiots. Some are.

Everything political disgusts me. It's like Bizarro World.

Remember 'Teach-Ins' where we would learn, study, and discuss the history, etc. about what we were demonstrating about?

Firstly, since when has protest been a bad thing? Women wouldn't have gotten the vote without it. We should also be very careful when discussing topics like this. The language you're using here, such as "Because the people behind this are filled with hate", say a whole lot more about you than it does them. You clearly have a view on the political issue in question, and sadly it's preventing you for approaching this with a clear head, imo.

What is happening in Palestine should be of grave concern to all. Most governments have voiced their concerns. Our tax money is being spent enabling it. Some people will agree with what is going on, some won't. But either side should be free to protest. If we stop accepting that as a valid response, then our countries are truly doomed. Freedom of speech means you get to express yourself, and leaning on "hate" is just an excuse to write off an opinion you don't agree with, imo. How much more of this type of thing should we accept: Baby saved from dead mother's womb in Gaza dies

As to why they're wearing masks - because it's 2024, that's why. They know there are possible ramifications that go beyond this issue, and they want to protect themselves. Sensible then. For example, people complain of "big brother", but don't bat an eye when governments (yes, including both the US and UK) use face-recognition camera's to identify people walking down a street. With our connectivity, it's a simple step to link one person on the front line with their employers, relatives, residences, etc. Are you okay with that?

Protests like there have become something of a regular feature in Europe. We've had some big ones in London. Still, even if you disagree with these people, at least they're doing something, another in a long line of people willing to protest against things they believe are wrong. I don't understand the vitriol at all. You are free to have your own protest if need be.

For me, it's good to see young people standing up for what they believe in, especially when it goes against what is dictated by the larger population and mainstream media.

Protests are a bad thing when they harm innocent people. Jewish students (many of whom are not pro war) on campuses with protests are afraid to be in public spaces at the schools they're paying to attend.

I have just one question here. Who made the decision to go to war or to kill those people in Auschwitz? I am of the understanding that those were decisions made by man. So it is hardly God's fault that people died. According to the Bible we will all die. At some point and time we will all eventually die. God has never promised us immortality. Only eternity for those who believe and do His will. We will naturally all die in a variety of ways. How can you not believe in God?
That is not a good question to ask because you may get answers you don't like. Why do you believe a God who is very human like Zeus, or so inhuman He could have no understanding of humans.

Might we ask, what are the professors saying to the students who are motivated to get involved in the protest? I listened to a professor explain the problem and I think if our media was any good, we would all have a much better understanding of the Israel and Palestinian conflict. We would all demand the US stop supporting Israel.

If I had the power to make it happen, the UN would have control of the region and it would be protected as a historic site that would benefit everyone. The Zionists would be stripped of power unless they used their power for peace.

Back