Fed up? Feel free to vent here, and get it off your chest!

This has never happened to me so I am concerned. I got an inguinal hernia last week, and called the Doc yesterday. I was told to make an appointment ASAP. So I am with the blue team of Doctors at MU Health, and the earliest is tomorrow at 9:20 am. The doctors name sounded foreign and female so I looked it up because she will be examining my groin area. The lump is right next to my *****. It is a little disconcerting that I have to disrobe and show my privates to a complete female stranger. But once I Iooked up whether the name was female and got some pictures I became a little happier. :)

Shamita View attachment 341159

Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Yeah buddy!

This has never happened to me so I am concerned. I got an inguinal hernia last week, and called the Doc yesterday. I was told to make an appointment ASAP. So I am with the blue team of Doctors at MU Health, and the earliest is tomorrow at 9:20 am. The doctors name sounded foreign and female so I looked it up because she will be examining my groin area. The lump is right next to my *****. It is a little disconcerting that I have to disrobe and show my privates to a complete female stranger. But once I Iooked up whether the name was female and got some pictures I became a little happier. :)

Shamita View attachment 341159
Looks like you'll be in good hands.... :giggle:

I know most of you think I’m crazy. I know many of you gossip about me but I don’t care. I try to help when asked questions. I’m not always right but I still try. I ask lots of questions. I ask questions so I can learn. What’s wrong with learning? Nothing. Everyone should ask questions.
Rant over.
Not crazy. Always thought you were an interesting person, contributive & fun-loving. Who are these "most people"? (Nah, you don't need to name names... and wouldn't.)

I know most of you think I’m crazy. I know many of you gossip about me but I don’t care. I try to help when asked questions. I’m not always right but I still try. I ask lots of questions. I ask questions so I can learn. What’s wrong with learning? Nothing. Everyone should ask questions.
Rant over.

Don't worry about it, PP. I don't carry grudges over on sites like this. I'm always more interested in what is being said, rather than who is saying it. None of us are always right, and besides, since when did being wrong become such a terrible sin? We've all lived lives riddled with various mistakes, both big and small. It's how we learn. To have an actual discussion, you need dialog, without it, you simply have a speech.

As for gossip, I could not care less about that. We're all oldsters here - can you imagine being a member and gossiping in private messages about other forum members? It's usually people who think too much of themselves doing it. :D It really is a sad pursuit, and says a whole lot more about those partaking than it could ever say about you. ;)

Don't worry about it, PP. I don't carry grudges over on sites like this. I'm always more interested in what is being said, rather than who is saying it. None of us are always right, and besides, since when did being wrong become such a terrible sin? We've all lived lives riddled with various mistakes, both big and small. It's how we learn. To have an actual discussion, you need dialog, without it, you simply have a speech.

As for gossip, I could not care less about that. We're all oldsters here - can you imagine being a member and gossiping in private messages about other forum members? It's usually people who think too much of themselves doing it. :D It really is a sad pursuit, and says a whole lot more about those partaking than it could ever say about you. ;)
Thank you for your kind words. I had a bit of a melt down yesterday but feeling much better today. I need to learn to get off the site when I feel like that.

Last edited:
Unfortunately today there is no understanding of morals. I think that has resulted in us getting very cynical and distrustful. That is very bad for business and the spirit of America that was once based on being virtuous and moral.
I agree to a certain extent. I think what is missing most of all today is Good Faith. People and companies acting in Good Faith has gone out the window.

Thank you for your kind words. I had a bit of a melt down yesterday but feeling much better today. I need to learn to get off the site when I feel like that.

We all have bad days, it's just that some can admit to it, and others not. When it comes to this site, I read the posted comment before I even look at who posted it. So if you need someone to bad to, feel free to put me first in the list, it'll be over by tomorrow. ;)

We all have bad days, it's just that some can admit to it, and others not. When it comes to this site, I read the posted comment before I even look at who posted it. So if you need someone to bad to, feel free to put me first in the list, it'll be over by tomorrow. ;)
I don’t hold grudge so no worries but thanks all the same.

I'm venting for my sister who attended a "Living With Diabetes" seminar. She was told to get there at 9.30 am and morning tea will be served at 10.30 and a lunch break at 1.30. All went well until morning tea. There were so many people queueing up that by the time she got her coffee, it was cold. Same thing happened at lunch. Many greedy people taking a handful of sandwiches not leaving much for those on the end of the queue. She was disgusted and said she would never attend anything like that again. It was by invitation only, but I told her many people just go for the free food. She said I was right because by after lunch 1/2 the people left.
More buffets now have servers dispensing the food to prevent exactly this kind of inconsiderate piggery.

I agree to a certain extent. I think what is missing most of all today is Good Faith. People and companies acting in Good Faith has gone out the window.
I think many people still operate with good faith. Very few companies and virtually zero corporations do though, and that part is getting worse.

Even sadder is seeing our courts increasingly deem these entities unaccountable, greasing the skids for even more actions that are destructive to humans and the environment.

All these rants have me nodding my head and agreeing with all of them but my #1 complaint right now is the lack of trust in doctors.

This lack of trust stems from several incidents that occurred over the last 12 years in regards to my late husband's health. It would take too much time and a long post to tell you why I feel this way, so I'll just say that our family doctor's lack of communication about his condition is an obsession with me at this time to get to the reason for her not telling us what was happening or going to happen, that I've decided to seek legal counsel. Trying to get his medical records from her office has been like running into a brick wall. Why should they not give me his records? I'm listed as the Informant on his death certificate but they keep stalling. Why?

@Colleen, how terrible a situation for you. I hope legal counsel is able to help.

In many ways we've become our own health professionals, diagnosing conditions and illnesses through websites like Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic, PubMed, JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine and so many more. Then we investigate the meds we're given to learn their efficacy and side effects.

I'm not complaining. In fact I find it very empowering. Far better than the days where doctors had God complexes and when asked questions like, "what's my blood pressure" would respond with a dismissive, "Why don't you let me worry about that and you worry about finding yourself a nice husband"

When I was 5 a doctor's error and negligence killed my younger sister, so I never believed they were infallible. As the saying goes, doctors bury their mistakes.

My 2 pet peeves I've mentioned before...

1) Lotto Boy: You just want to pay for your lousy 20 bucks of gas and Lotto Boy is at the cash taking 25 minutes checking 45 lotto tickets.

2) The Office Hero: You're in the coffee drive thru behind that guy who is buying 14 different coffees for everyone in his Office...clogging up the line instead of going inside to place the big order.

@Colleen, how terrible a situation for you. I hope legal counsel is able to help.

In many ways we've become our own health professionals, diagnosing conditions and illnesses through websites like Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic, PubMed, JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine and so many more. Then we investigate the meds we're given to learn their efficacy and side effects.

I'm not complaining. In fact I find it very empowering. Far better than the days where doctors had God complexes and when asked questions like, "what's my blood pressure" would respond with a dismissive, "Why don't you let me worry about that and you worry about finding yourself a nice husband"

When I was 5 a doctor's error and negligence killed my younger sister, so I never believed they were infallible. As the saying goes, doctors bury their mistakes.
Just to continue with my rant...can anyone tell me why your medical records are not requested by a doctor any more when you relocate or whatever the reason you have for seeing a new doctor?? My husband's medical records (nor mine) were never requested from PA when we moved to AZ and, likewise, they were never requested here in PA in 2022 when we moved from AZ.

When he had a fall from a ladder in 2012 and shattered his ankle, he was rushed to Hamot Medical Center in Erie, PA and had emergency surgery on that ankle so he wouldn't lose his foot. He developed a serious infection in that ankle. He took so many strong antibiotics that it ruined his gut and he couldn't eat for weeks. All those antibiotics never got rid of that infection completely and the Ortho doc was at a loss as to what to give him. He had 3 more surgeries within a 10 week period to remove hardware, flush out infection (which didn't work), and insert calcium packs in his ankle.

What I'm saying is...that infection stayed in his system all those years and affected his heart. I had asked what that infection was but they would never tell me. It definitely was something serious because when they came to collect a sample they were gowned and masked. I believe it was more then just a staph infection. When he was in the ER the day he died, they found infection in his lung.

All these records should have followed him no matter where we lived but they don't request records. How do they know how to treat someone if they don't know what they've had or been through? They're starting blind until something shows up from a test they've ordered. In my husband's case, it was too late.

So, I've lost all confidence in doctor's. I'll see what an attorney has to say.

For Pete's sake people, take some responsibility for knowing what's going on. We're an over 55 community with a fair number of activities and events to participate in. We have a handful of communications methods (web site, Facebook, etc.), including some non-technical ones (paper calendars, a bulletin board) with everything for the month listed. Instead of always complaining that you didn't know about something, take an ounce of responsibility to plug into at least one of the communication channels! Harumph!

Back