How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Just finished

Stevia is a nice sugar substitute
Some artificial sugars give people digestive issues like diarrhea. I’m not diabetic but I like stevia in nice cold drinks. It’s very nicely sweetened.
I never liked Stevia, which is why I thought I wouldn't like the change in RS candies. First time I bought a box of Stevia, I paid a lot for it because I got it from small health store. I used it a couple of times and gave it to my honorary daughter. She didn't like it so she gave it to her mother. Her mother didn't like it either! Then I tried Truvia which is a combination of Stevia and something else. Didn't like that either. After giving up Equal due to the link of aspartame to cancer, I started using Splenda; been using that for years. I also use Kirkland agave that doesn't have added sugars.

I never liked Stevia, which is why I thought I wouldn't like the change in RS candies. First time I bought a box of Stevia, I paid a lot for it because I got it from small health store. I used it a couple of times and gave it to my honorary daughter. She didn't like it so she gave it to her mother. Her mother didn't like it either! Then I tried Truvia which is a combination of Stevia and something else. Didn't like that either. After giving up Equal due to the link of aspartame to cancer, I started using Splenda; been using that for years. I also use Kirkland agave that doesn't have added sugars.
You have exquisitely good taste in chocolates 🍫

Happiness is going hiking with my pups

View attachment 341220View attachment 341218View attachment 341217View attachment 341227View attachment 341222

@Jules the 1st, 2nd and last pictures were taken by my daughter. I also take some pictures with self-exposure on my camera.
I took the center picture from perhaps 30 feet away from the dogs to have the mountains look closer
Awesome photos Packleader! How far do you and your dogs walk? How long have you had them? Are they siblings or parent and siblings?

Day One of my Staycation!

Because I stayed up so late (9pm!) last night, I didn't get up until 6. I feel well rested:).

When the cataract surgery happens, I'll have three weeks off for each eye. By the end of that time, I'll be so bored out of my mind that I'll be happy to get back to work, but right now? Five days sounds just about right.

I've had coffee on the patio. Now it's time to shower and do a few little things around The Hovel. Then breakfast. After breakfast, if anybody needs me, find me in the garden🌹🌷💐🌼🌺🌸 until about noon when it'll be too hot to be out there.

Today is supposed to be our hottest day so far this year. Ok.
Your day sounds perfect! 💗

Normally, as soon as the sun goes down, we are heading in for the night. Today we did something different.

It was such a beautiful night, that we took out our lawn chairs, and sat around in the yard. We listened to a wipperwill calling (singing?) near by, as we watched the lighting from the approaching rain. It was so relaxing and peaceful.

We finally put our chairs away and went in for the night. The rain came pouring down about 60 seconds after we were in the house!!

emoticon
....we just made it!
emoticon

And now it's time for bed. Sweet dreams, everyone! 😴💤💤💤

I had a really good workout this morning! It's great to not be feeling sick. I just hope it lasts and I don't over do things, again!
emoticon

I do still get that rundown feeling, but I think it is do to the humongous amounts of pollen that are everywhere. That is the only downside of living in a wooded area.

emoticon
That's all for now. TTUL
I hope you stay well, @Trila .

This morning, did some city rose garden close-up photography work with my Sony a6700 and discovered two bugs with their new Focus Bracket function I've now posted on a camera gear web board.

Received a warning USPS letter from the IRS stating someone used my SSN to send in a Federal tax return. So tomorrow will need to go to their website and state NO it is another ID theft cretin. I haven't sent in any tax returns since 2018. However with the last COLA SS increase, am now receiving over the minimum income tax threshold so need to send in a return. Of course am 2 days+ delinquent a bit but this is just chump change.

Just set up a periodic blood test for tomorrow so am going to be needle poked. And Saturday is 4/20/2024. And yes he will be driving up to Golden Gate Park in The City.

It was a day to recharge. With the bush trimming and large grocery delivery and the upside down sleeping schedule, I was pretty tired. I'm trying to recharge today. Will probably do the same tomorrow.

My neighbors, especially in the front, have been unusually quiet. Yay.

Hoping for a day of peace tomorrow.

Good morning early birds !!! I was up at 4am so maybe I'm
early also!!! It is only 39F deg this a.m., brrrr, big diff after
last 4 days or so.....no rain today tho...think we got maybe 3/4 inch of rain in those storms.....no big plans for the day yet...
My barber Lady came by and took all my hair off last eve,
So I look like bald gray billiaerd ball !!! Catch u later....:love::coffee:

Just got up after staying up "late" again last night...this time until10.

It's raining but expected to stop until maybe some thunderstorms this afternoon.

DD and her crew are going to Charleston until Monday night. On their way out of town (or rather out of their way out of town...a 30-mile detour), they're going to drop me off at DS's place, where I'm gonna visit, have lunch and transplant some ivy on a slope for them. The ivy thing is to "pay" for my free lunch. LOL

I haven't been to their place since I gave them my car, nearly three years! Car finally died after 200K+ miles and had gotten to a point where repairing it was nickeling and diming them to death so they sold it to one of those places that buys and tows away. For those three years, they'd been coming to visit me. This time I'm going there via DD and Uber-ing back home.

Catching up from yesterday looking at samples for bath remodel. We were told their showroom would have what the salesman didn't carry but after traveling to another town they only had some of the samples. Also, the office person there couldn't answer the simplest of questions about product. I understand they are not the experts but after "being in this business for ten years" you should have some basic knowledge! And/or, if you don't know, find out! Don't just keep saying, "You'll have to ask Jason that question." Ugh. Wasted trip and may have cost sale.

Then Lowes. Went to pick up a grill. DHs Christmas present. 😊
They advertised 60' garden hoses for half price. We looked all over, couldn't find them. Had to hunt someone down and pretty much make them look. Finally saw them at the very top of shelving so had to wait for them to get them down with a fork lift. I guess now they could sell some. Wonder how many people just went home without.

Picked up the grill and DH came out lifting grill from behind. Young worker should have been pushing from wheel side but was letting DH do the work while he followed smiling. What a jerk! He then saw me waiting by truck and put one hand on it.

Customer service is gone. Once in a while you will find some but its the exception now, not the rule.

Made bone broth and dried walnuts. Today I'm making granola and other chores here and there.

Just got up after staying up "late" again last night...this time until10.

It's raining but expected to stop until maybe some thunderstorms this afternoon.

DD and her crew are going to Charleston until Monday night. On their way out of town (or rather out of their way out of town...a 30-mile detour), they're going to drop me off at DS's place, where I'm gonna visit, have lunch and transplant some ivy on a slope for them. The ivy thing is to "pay" for my free lunch. LOL

I haven't been to their place since I gave them my car, nearly three years! Car finally died after 200K+ miles and had gotten to a point where repairing it was nickeling and diming them to death so they sold it to one of those places that buys and tows away. For those three years, they'd been coming to visit me. This time I'm going there via DD and Uber-ing back home.
enjoy your day at your son's place... what a lovely change for you...

When I got up this morning it was raining. It's now sunny with a blue sky but it's very cold.. and the wind is Howling....

I hope it all calms down for tomorrow when I drive up country to go to have our joint birthday lunch together, my DD and I... and we're also going to visit a 16th century Stately home and gardens :love:

As I was taking my early morning walk at 6:30,went halfway down my street,temp was 46,saw a couple of rabbits munching on the grass
This afternoon I'm having lunch with my close church friend, Val at the retirement facility I'm moving to end of next month. She told me 3 yrs ago this would be the perfect place for me
For those of you interested where I'm going ck the website
www.cwgatescircle.org

Redbuds just starting:
Redbuds.jpg

Just about to hop in the car. Too damp to do much with the lawn after heavy rains and then another wash overnight.

I'm taking a run out to a nearby town where Union Station is now a rail museum, and a rocks and stone household ornaments place opened. These join other gawkers' paradises like an antique shop and one that carries used "oddities." They're having a Cinco de Mayo party with food trucks and such coming up and I want to scope things out ahead of time. It's sunny, so why stay indoors?

Back