How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Just another morning
Last evening a neighbor and I found stray 2 dogs, very shy and in a poor condition. I placed out food and water where we had seen them. All gone this morning at 6:30. I put out more food. Gone every time I checked. At 8:03 a.m. I contacted Animal Services (rcdas.org) and reported the strays. After my morning walk, I found on the answering machine that Officer Ricardo had tried to contact me, so I called back again. It will be difficult to catch the poor guys. I saw them a few times, but so far they have not accepted any treat from me. I keep my fingers crossed.
IMGP3315.JPGIMGP3328.JPG

On a happier note, I sat down with my pups and listened to the serenade of a mocking bird. Just wonderful. It got so carried away that it jumped 2-3 feet into the air repeatedly. Mockingbirds are my favorites because of their impressive repertoire of songs.
IMGP3318.JPG

Coming home, I noticed that our red Eucalyptus Tree flowers are gone though the white variety is now starting to bloom. And I saw some mushrooms peeping out. Since I have no clue what they are, I don't dare to eat them. And finally, the green winter weeds are starting to turn yellow. In a month, the beautiful green winter blanket will have given way to the summer yellow and brown.
IMGP3334.JPGIMGP3337.JPG

Blue skies that hide the deceptive cold caused by those northerly winds. I’d replenished some basic supplies after my vacation. Today I walked to a nearby store and dragged my trolley. By the time I’d picked up a few things, it was full. I’ll need to make another trek soon. I could have driven, but then wouldn’t have got the exercise.

Well it's rained off and on all day today thank goodness that's today and not tomorrow when I'm driving 2 hours up country...

I got the laundry washed, dried and put away...

tried to convince a friend who lives alone to buy an AF.. he likes the idea, but he's been dissuaded by some nonsense other people have told him...

The other thing about AF's of course is that if you have a small kitchen as he does.. by the time the Microwave oven , the kettle, toaster, are on the worktop there's little room for anything else.. much less a big Airfryer

Sitting here steaming😤. Next week's schedule was published online and is showing me working 6am-12noon next week starting Tuesday. Why can't they do it right? Or is it supposed to be like that but nobody told me? I texted Sir at 1pm and asked. Crickets. Texted again an hour ago. Crickets😤.

I have an idea. If I'm so unimportant that no response is the response I get, how about I show up at 6am even if really supposed to be there at 4? If the schedule in the computer isn't changed to correct time (if 4am is correct), I can't clock in.

Or better yet, if I'm so unimportant that there's no need to bother responding, how about I don't bother to show up at all at any time on any day? Might that get somebody's attention?

Sir is off tomorrow. Deli manager also off tomorrow. Therefore, nobody there to fix the schedule if, indeed, it's not right. There's no way for me to know. There's a rule that says the printed schedule takes precedence over the one published online. Since I'm not there and won't be, how the h*ll am I supposed to know what the printed schedule says?

I like my job, but there's a limit, yanno?😤😤

I was going to work on my attitude while off. Pfffft. Why bother? I really wanted to stick it out until after cataract surgery...

😤😤

Rant over. For now.

You have exquisitely good taste in chocolates 🍫
Thank you Patty❣️

I made a couple of business, well really...medical calls. I didn't do much else besides napping, playing WWF, vacuuming the living room and watching T.V. I'm going to eat a late dinner and hopefully won't fall asleep again before I unload and reload the dishwasher. It will be too late to run it tonight.

friends-bestis.gif

Last edited:
My relaxation day started off really well. I felt the freedom to do whatever I wanted. I had borrowed some audiobooks and planned to watch some tv shows. It was nice.

It got a little warm in the afternoon. I wasn't expecting that, so I was thrown off, but it cooled down pretty quickly.

Maybe I'll get another day to chill out on Saturday.

Slept until 6:30 after staying up until 10 because, yanno, it wasn't a school night :D

Gonna play in the dirt today. Actually, not even going to take a shower until I'm done because I plan to get very dirty digging and mulching and stuff.

First, I have to go across the hall to DD's to feed her kitty, then do my own little housekeeping things and don my grubbies before pointing myself at the garden. I hope my Self hasn't bitten off more than I can chew today...the best laid plans of mice and men and little old ladies...

My new patio umbrella is supposed to get here today, but it probably won't get put together unless the neighbor is home and can help.

Y'all have a perfectly splendid day now, hear?

Last edited:
Mac has had his first walk of the day.

Hubby has injured his right arm, lifting piece of heavy wood.
He's gone to give his nephew a 'helping hand' this morning.

We watched a big woodchuck that was across the street in our niece's yard.
I think it was looking for a new home.

Now we know what Mac has been growling about when he looks out the window.

43 degrees here but the sun is finally out again!

Our Pollen count is still very high so I plan on staying inside most of the day, and doing some bookwork and cleaning and maybe I will watch a movie later-

I have some good leftovers but have been thinking of getting a hoagie at the closest Crosby Gas station- their hoagies are delicious but last one cost about 11 dollars so they might have raised the price again by now.

I remember hoagies at Kresge's were 3 for a dollar in the 1960s!

We have sun now but 38 F as I came back in. Brr, what a quick change. We even have frost advisories for tonight. Pollen isn't so bad, but as things warm toward the 40s today that might change.

Didn't get much done early out there and the wet areas aren't drying fast. I hope to get the higher areas mowed once the dew finally dries (I hope). Lots to do indoors, but the sunshine is attractive!

The mulch has all been spread. Yay. There were 20 sacks of it, and one of the boys next door was out polishing his car so I asked him to give me a hand (for $$!). Presently his older brother came out after what I think was being "voluntold" by his mother to help. They carried all 20 sacks and put them down just where I wanted them. Yay! Then they wouldn't take any $$, flat refused. I have a feeling their mother threatened their young lives if they did. Darn. It was worth it to me...or I'd be out there until dark o'clock struggling with those heavy sacks. Anyway, having them toted to the garden was great so all I had to do was spread the stuff.

It's overcast but very warm and muggy. No sun made it a little easier to get done all I wanted to get done. About to hit the shower (because I said I was gonna get very dirty and did!) then have something to eat. I forgot to eat breakfast. Oops.

Also broke down the old and raggedy patio umbrella. The new one isn't here yet but tracking says it's out for delivery.

Haven't heard a word from Sir; if he doesn't reply, I'm just going to roll in on Tuesday at 6am. Attitude :(

Lunch is over.
Hubby got potato pattys & ham.

I got out last week's soup out of freezer , had bowl of that.

I am having difficult time planing meals for us.
Seems we are in a rut,,,can fix. chicken several different ways.
Think I've used every recipe for that till we are tried of it.

Ground beef same thing,,, ham loaf, ditto,, same for pork chops.

Salads are a dirty word to hubby.

Lawn mowed. Geez, it was just mowed three days ago! Patio umbrella was delivered, and it is one heavy sucker! I dragged the box to the back yard and managed to assemble it all by my ownself. Yay me.

Now I'm tired. Tried to nap this afternoon, but it didn't work. Maybe the TV will put me to sleep.

Back