Just a passing thought.

the norviurs seems to be big boy flu even tho it is a two day deal both ends and breathtaking stomach cramps pain etc--no temp no nose throat etc ......two day and nights and gone.....stay as hydrated and electorates as possible. bed and potty
Did you get stomach cramps too?

Here's my deal. Early on, we were told to trust the science, and that the government knew what was best for all. Turned out to be not so true. A reminder..........
Remember when the government said these?

Social distancing would stop the spread of covid in days.
We would get herd immunity.
Cloth masks will stop covid.
Covid came from a wet market and definitely not a lab.
Covid was found on surfaces and could live for days and bleach was needed to kill it on everything.
Covid was multiple times more deadly than any flu.
You can catch covid outdoors at the beach in fresh air and sunshine.
If you get the vaccine you will not get covid.
The unvaccinated are giving covid to the vaccinated.
Mask and vaccines are best for covid and therefore, certain medicines were banned.

I still see folks with masks. Clearly, they think it will prevent getting sick. May as well carry a rabbit’s foot for the same result.

It will reduce their chances of getting sick with airborne viruses - so to immuno-compromised people more at risk, this is important. If I see such people with masks I understand that

If anyone is sick and has to be in public, it reduces spread of airborne viruses too - this is nothing new or unique to Covid, - all airborne viruses.

Of course. Like any disease - very few are fatal to everyone

Nobody ever said only those who wore mask or got vaccinated would not get Covid - however doing so reduces your chances of getting Covid and of getting it severely and of spread to others
Definitely worthwhile.
In America they sure did say that. Citizens were told if they got vaccinated they would NOT catch or transmit Covid. This was in early 2021, as soon as the vaccine was rolled out. In America it was quickly mandated for many in various walks of life where working with the public was an issue. Mandates were as frightening as Covid in their own way. :oops:

yes we had mandates here too - I have no issue with them. Just as there are other relevant conditions to various jobs.

and nothing new i n that; it was just extended to more people

People working in health fields already had to have relevant vaccines

I'm not sure who the 'they' in your sentence is - nothing I read from America or anywhere said people who were vaccinated could not catch Covid. Not something anyone reliable says about any vaccine.
Like all vaccinations, it did reduce your chances of doing so and of therefore spreading it and if you did catch it, of it being far less severe.

yes we had mandates here too - I have no issue with them. Just as there are other relevant conditions to various jobs.

and nothing new i n that; it was just extended to more people

People working in health fields already had to have relevant vaccines

I'm not sure who the 'they' in your sentence is - nothing I read from America or anywhere said people who were vaccinated could not catch Covid. Not something anyone reliable says about any vaccine.
Like all vaccinations, it did reduce your chances of doing so and of therefore spreading it and if you did catch it, of it being far less severe.
It would be political to mention who they are, so it's against forum rules to mention it.

The MRNA shots are not vaccines in the traditional sense but experimental medicine with no product liability so they never should have been mandated at all. Laws may be different in Australia.

It will reduce their chances of getting sick with airborne viruses - so to immuno-compromised people more at risk, this is important. If I see such people with masks I understand that

If anyone is sick and has to be in public, it reduces spread of airborne viruses too - this is nothing new or unique to Covid, - all airborne viruses.
The trouble is, unless the mask is the special, tightly fitting K95, the masks do very little. Especially when they fall below your nose, which I see a lot.

It would be political to mention who they are, so it's against forum rules to mention it.

The MRNA shots are not vaccines in the traditional sense but experimental medicine with no product liability so they never should have been mandated at all. Laws may be different in Australia.
Oh right so 'they' were not medical experts or immunoligists or anything just some political voices with vested interests.

Your opinion that vaccines should mot be mandated. I disagree as per my previous post.

The trouble is, unless the mask is the special, tightly fitting K95, the masks do very little. Especially when they fall below your nose, which I see a lot.

Yes of course. Like most things, to be effective they need to be used properly.

And the quality surgical masks are the best , which of course is why they were supplied in medical settings and suchlike.

But basic masks, used properly, still help reduce spread of airborne viruses/ bacteria.

Did you get stomach cramps too?
yes about every hour ..i seriously thought I had a intestine perforation (had that years ago same feeling) was not the normal cramps I had as a young guy or kid, took about 4 days for it to calm down and I went to a critical care guy to see if I should go to a colo rectal guy...he listened to my abomine said I was fine and it was the norovirus for sure he was seeing lots of it........first for me......I was a bit concerned never had anything like that before no temp sore thoat snot etc....both ends cramps fatigue two days and nights third day all ok sore tummy

yes about every hour ..i seriously thought I had a intestine perforation (had that years ago same feeling) was not the normal cramps I had as a young guy or kid, took about 4 days for it to calm down and I went to a critical care guy to see if I should go to a colo rectal guy...he listened to my abomine said I was fine and it was the norovirus for sure he was seeing lots of it........first for me......I was a bit concerned never had anything like that before no temp sore thoat snot etc....both ends cramps fatigue two days and nights third day all ok sore tummy
I drank warm water for my cramps and it went away. I've heard it's bad in my area of the country.

Here's my deal. Early on, we were told to trust the science, and that the government knew what was best for all. Turned out to be not so true. A reminder..........
Remember when the government said these?

Social distancing would stop the spread of covid in days.
We would get herd immunity.
Cloth masks will stop covid.
Covid came from a wet market and definitely not a lab.
Covid was found on surfaces and could live for days and bleach was needed to kill it on everything.
Covid was multiple times more deadly than any flu.
You can catch covid outdoors at the beach in fresh air and sunshine.
If you get the vaccine you will not get covid.
The unvaccinated are giving covid to the vaccinated.
Mask and vaccines are best for covid and therefore, certain medicines were banned.
dont forget the king ..."safe and effective"

I see a lot of restaurant workers still masking up all the time. I do not think that is unwise at all. They are PT workers, don't get paid sick leave at every job, or only get a few days of it per year after their hours have accumuated.

If you can't work, you can't pay rent on time. So they mask.

Actually a lot of them are. Over a million died in the U.S., and over 6 milion in the world. A lot refused to be vaccinated because they believed all the crap that Covid wasn't dangerous.
No, they aren't.

1.5 billion unvaccinated people worldwide is a recent number, not data from prior or during the pandemic. Most of those 1.5 billion live in many of the 130 countries that were effected by the pandemic, but did not receive any vaccine from the few countries that controlled most of the world’s supply.

Back