Moments of Zen - Small Joys

It's an overcast day which is keeping my neighbors inside for the moment. They were making so much noise earlier, it's nice to get the quiet.

Having a fun time playing Zen Color. I'm looking for new pictures to color so I have them lined up in my Gallery when I feel like coloring.

Last night, I looked for some new TV shows to replace The Rookie that I'm now hooked on. Haven't found one yet but there are some good contenders.

Last edited:
I recently moved from a small apartment on 100% community property to a house with fenced yards. I'd been in the apartment for so long I'd all but forgotten the joy of sitting outside in my own private yard, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air, watching squirrels and birds and visiting cats over a cup of tea, saying "Hey" to a neighbor, tending my vegetable and herb gardens and fruit trees...

It's glorious. I hope I never get totally used to it.

Thank you for asking @PeppermintPatty . Still bad. I have an appointment Tuesday for a bone graft under/around the implant unless it is infected. It wasn't last week when he checked it to make the appointment. Today he called in anitbiotic and painkiller. Not that they are strong. So will see. Thanks for the suggestion. Will pick up some OraGel or something when I pick up the meds. Might need a gallon. o_O :)
Just seeing this about your tooth issues. I hope all goes well and you'll be pain free soon.

After a bunch of looking and checking out the first few minutes of a ton of shows, I've found a few that I'm liking. There's a new show called Tracker on Paramount+ that I was hooked from the start on. I'm liking the start of All Rise on Hulu. This is Us on Netflix has a promising start as well. Fun to find some shows I might like.

I found out that my neighbor who has been bullying, intimidating, demanding money and ganging up with another neighbor on me, has put his house up for sale. Happy day.

It's raining, so my loud neighbors and the kids who hit my garage door and trespass on my property are less likely to be out today.

I have a beat up old rattan armchair in my patio. It swivels and rocks on springs. The patio is covered and in the winter the sun shines part way in. I move the chair to where all but my head gets the warmth of the sun. I like to sit in that chair with a cup of good green tea and rock.

There are little lizards that live in the planter. Often one will be sitting like a little statue on the brick border warming up and watching for bugs. If it sees one it will race over and snatch it. There's a hummingbird that thinks it owns the feeder, and other hummingbirds will try to sneak in and get a bit. Some times they will work in pairs. While one gets chased off the other gets some sugar water.

There's a bird bath out back and I made a ladder for the squirrels to drink. And, it gets visited by a variety of birds. When conditions are right, there are contrails in the sky from passing airliners. I think about the couple hundred people riding in those planes and how is it possible that such an amazing thing has become so ordinary.

And I think about a lot of other things or nothing at all. Those are my Zen moments.

I have a beat up old rattan armchair in my patio. It swivels and rocks on springs. The patio is covered and in the winter the sun shines part way in. I move the chair to where all but my head gets the warmth of the sun. I like to sit in that chair with a cup of good green tea and rock.

There are little lizards that live in the planter. Often one will be sitting like a little statue on the brick border warming up and watching for bugs. If it sees one it will race over and snatch it. There's a hummingbird that thinks it owns the feeder, and other hummingbirds will try to sneak in and get a bit. Some times they will work in pairs. While one gets chased off the other gets some sugar water.

There's a bird bath out back and I made a ladder for the squirrels to drink. And, it gets visited by a variety of birds. When conditions are right, there are contrails in the sky from passing airliners. I think about the couple hundred people riding in those planes and how is it possible that such an amazing thing has become so ordinary.

And I think about a lot of other things or nothing at all. Those are my Zen moments.
I love that you made a ladder for the squirrels to drink!

Had some spontaneous happiness today.

I had a case of the positive what ifs for a moment. What if my side neighbor moving makes it more difficult for the back neighbor to be obnoxious? What if things work out for the better? What if the new neighbors are nice? What if I feel more free to use my yard the way I wanted without having to fear the neighbors?

I don't know if it's realistic, but it made me feel happy today for a while.

I also bought an ad free version of the app Happy Color. I've been playing on it every day. Not having to sit through ads makes it a lot more fun.

I bought a bigger bowl to cook spaghetti in the microwave. The other bowl boiled over because it was too small. The bigger bowl worked last night. No spills all over the microwave. It made me happy.

Had some spontaneous happiness today.

I had a case of the positive what ifs for a moment. What if my side neighbor moving makes it more difficult for the back neighbor to be obnoxious? What if things work out for the better? What if the new neighbors are nice? What if I feel more free to use my yard the way I wanted without having to fear the neighbors?

I don't know if it's realistic, but it made me feel happy today for a while.

I also bought an ad free version of the app Happy Color. I've been playing on it every day. Not having to sit through ads makes it a lot more fun.

I bought a bigger bowl to cook spaghetti in the microwave. The other bowl boiled over because it was too small. The bigger bowl worked last night. No spills all over the microwave. It made me happy.
Caramel, I must have missed this somewhere where you've told us what your Neighbours are doing to you.. what's happening?.. I've read a few times where you've mentioned you've got problems with them..I'm sorry to hear this... :(

I've been watching some clouds float by in the sky. It looks like wispy cotton candy lit up by the moon.

My first thought was that it looked really fake. Were those real clouds? Fun to watch.

I set up a new phone after my old one got a puffy battery a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sure if the ad free apps I purchased on the old phone would be ad free on the new phone.

I have a puzzle app and a coloring app I paid for. I thought that I might have to pay by the device. I used the same account. It turns out that the ad free is by account.

Yay! I was so thrilled to get both apps ad free on this phone too. Made my day.

Back