Oh, God! Why are you reading this?

Apparently, everybody has eclipse fever. There's a lot of hype about it. I guess if you're do scientific research the eclipse is a big deal. I saw one in 1968. It was cool. But, it is just the moon's shadow, not the 2nd Coming. I don't know if I'd be spending the big bucks to fly in and see the whole 4 or 5 minutes of it.
Ahhg, people!!! Have to go grocery shopping, and fight with the flimsy produce bags.

I thought my trash hauler was on automatic pay, but, I wasn't. I owed $350 in back payments. A new trash company took over 6 months ago. So I went to their site to start the automatic payments. Their site looked like it just stepped out of 1992. It's almost like I heard that dialup sound. I entered my customer number, but it was rejected because no such number existed. :( So, we're going back to 1950, where I get a mailed bill, and they get a check. Doesn't really matter, because trash companies get bought out every 8 months or so. New management in a few months.

Damn it. Went for 6 mo. medical check up-AOK. Came home, and got an earache. It's bothering me. I hope I can treat it by myself with a few decongestants. This really irritates me. What I have is not life threatening, but I don't want to hear the next available doctor's appointment is May 28th. And if I go to a "Walk In" place, it is an 'emergency' which costs over $400 to walk in the door. I have insurance, but still -$400 is a bit much for an earache.

Last week, I had a routine check up with my Doc. "Nope, no problems, I feel good"- until I got home, then my right ear started to bother me. My crummy ear couldn't irritate me in the Doc's office- no, it had to wait till I got home. Well, it got worse and I have pain and hearing loss. Have to go to "Walk IN Care", which is really sit and wait care.

Yesterday, it rained. Today, it rained, and tomorrow, it's going to rain. Well, with all that rain, I'll just loaf around and watch cartoons. And, if it was nice and sunny, I'm sure I could come up with an excuse to just sit and watch cartoons.
I'm not too sure this ear antibiotic is working all that well. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel normal either.

Dammit. I kind of knew the antibiotic wasn't working for my ear problem.. I have an appointment @ 2:30 at the Walk-In Clinic. The last time I didn't have an appointment, and it took an hour and a half to be seen. This time I got an appointment so it'll only be 90 minutes to be seen. Don't cha love modern medicine?
BTW, outside it's like an old timey movie effect with the wind howling. Who knew wind really sounds like that!

Yup, my appointment wait was 90 minutes, not like the hour and a half wait, when I didn't have an appointment. I have water in the ears, so I got a nasal spray. While WAITING, I noticed this little kid- about 4. He had some kind of kid laptop. His little fingers were really working the laptop. When he was talking to his mom, it wasn't "kid' talk, he was extremely verbal- got the makings of a lawyer. Then it dawned on me that about that age I was walking a mile to school, by myself. I came from the 1950s, this kid was born into the 2020s. We're pretty much the same animal, but each lived in different eras. His childhood and mine were totally different.

Last edited:
Yup, my appointment wait was 90 minutes, not like the hour and a half wait, when I didn't have an appointment. I have water in the ears, so I got a nasal spray. While WAITING, I noticed this little kid- about 4. He had some kind of kid laptop. His little fingers were really working the laptop. When he was talking to his mom, it wasn't "kid' talk, he was extremely verbal- got the makings of a lawyer. Then it dawned on me that about that age I was walking a mile to school, by myself. I came from the 1950s, this kid was born into the 2020s. We're pretty much the same animal, but each lived in different eras. His childhood and mine were totally different.
Remember that book "Culture Shock"? It was published about 1960. Well, his vision of the changes that we would suddenly have to adapt to pales to the newness and complexity of our world today.

Took the car in for the yearly inspection. It was a large dealership, where you dive in this large garage door area. Waiting, I see this old woman walk in though the garage door- she had to be 80+. She seemed like she was guiding something into the garage. An SUV slowly came in. The driver turned out to be an old guy, 80+. He had to have 4 guys to get him out of the SUV. He used a walker, and had orthopedic leg braces, and a swollen foot in a cast, and a bandaged other foot. He was trembling, and could shuffle about 3-4 inches a step.
Yet, he was the frikken DRIVER.!!!!!! I remember when I couldn't drive and it was a bitch and expensive. If you're a menace, you shouldn't be driving. I wanted to go down and rip the driver's license right out of his hand.

I just posted some responses to S.F. threads. My posts were pretty much hang the S.O.B. type posts. Normally, I'm the liberal live and let live guy. Today, it's off with his head!!! (?) Also, from the posts in S.F., it's clear most people don't work in a lawsuit happy business. Most don't go to work, and have to worry about "liability", where it's not only what you did, but what you should have done. I worked in the Psych. field, and I was relieved when 7 years to the date of my last employment came around. I could no longer get sued as a nurse.
BTW, went to the library yesterday, Took the elevator. The library has TWO floors. I counted all the buttons on the panel of the elevator -13 buttons. There's a "1" and a "2". plus eleven more???????

Last edited:
Got up, and saw a herd of deer munching the grass in my back yard. There were big black crows walking around next to the deer. I don't know what the birds were pecking at, but the deer weren't bothered by the birds eating under them???? It was like neither one saw the other. Years ago, I had a cat that befriended a fawn, and I thought that was unusual. But, now, for some reason, cats and fawns can befriend each other. Lots of YouTube videos.

Last edited:
In a post on S.F., "leafers" were mentioned. In the fall, we get the leafers in Northeastern PA. They are tourists that come for the fall foliage. They tend to be elderly, and they clog up the back roads around here. You're late for an appointment, when Jacob and Ethal are hurtling down the road at 15 miles an hour. "Look, Jacob, there's a tree. OMG!!!! There's another one- slow down". I'm not too thrilled about the NASCAR bunch when it's the races. I had one jerk try to park his Winnebago in my drive way.
I know how to get back at them. I go to where they live and I'll be a "tourist".

Got up, and there was a herd of deer grazing in the back yard. There was a bunny munching on green leaves. There were lots of these tiny feather ball looking birds pecking at something. It was a beautiful warm, sunny day. My phone calendar didn't have any big bills coming, like insurance, etc. I might be able to put some cash into my savings. I was hungry for breakfast. S.O.B.!!!!! My microwave died. Damn thing won't work. And when I tried to use my hand vacuum, it ******** died, too!!!!!!!!!
GRRRRRRR...............

Yesterday, ordered a new microwave from Target. Got it this morning. I got an email saying it was on my porch- that was cool. Tried it out and it worked. GREAT!! YEAH!! I don't cook I nuke. I have a gas stove, but I haven't used it in the last 20 years. I turned off the gas to the stove. It has pilot lights, and since I never use, why keep them going?
It's time for spring cleaning, and maybe I'll actually do it this year.

An overhead light bulb in the kitchen blew out. I had to wait till today to try to change it. I can't stand up for a long time, and climbing a ladder when I'm hurting is NOT a good idea. My legs could give out. I love it when some say hire a neighbor etc. Yeah, right-try and find one. And those 'handyman' websites charge $100/hour.

I was watching the late1970s game show, Match Game. It was in the era of the Farrah Fawcett hair look. One contestant had hair falling down her back to well below her waste, and hair falling down her sides, and hair draping down off her shoulders. Nobody is that hairy. I remember when I was a 'with it' kind of guy . I had a red Nehru jacket, madras shirt, large zodiac "Taurus" pendant on a gold chain, extra wide bell bottoms and six inch platform shoes, and drenched in patchouli "aroma". I started thinking about my high school days. The girls had puffed up hair with tons of hairspray. It made their hair as soft as a football helmet. And all the guys had "buzz' cut hair. Ahhhh, fads. We love 'em.

I have all kinds of stuff that needs to be done. I have two drawers in the kitchen that overloaded and breaking. I just don't have the drive to do much. I know a lot of it has to do with my back pain. I hate telling people I have a bad back, because they all say, "I know, once my back hurt so bad.....". No, they don't know. I'd kill to feel as good as they do on their 'bad' days. I think only people with chronic pain understand how pain rules your life. Anyway, I got stuff to do, and I ain't doing it.

Oh, I did a stupid thing. A while ago, I went to my car dealership to get a free-be inspection/oil change. While, there I talked to salesman. Now, he's emailing his new best-bud about 2024 cars. Apparently, we were separated at birth or something. He sent me "Happy Birthday" emails. I have three emails from him this morning. I guess I have that new car buyer smell.

Do you ever wonder why we seniors (geezers) are crazy? That's because everything happens to us. I have 4 drawers in the kitchen, and now 35 years I bought the place, they got together and decided to break down - all at once. They're all falling apart. Now, I have to add them to my list of things I have to do. I'm not really looking forward to my passing, but, at least, I can say "screw it" to my 'to do' list.

Back