This will be my last move…..where will your last move take you.

Actually I am looking into a retirement community in Mexico. Assisted living. Although I am not ready yet. I have looked at some absolutely beautiful places with my own cottage. I like the idea of a small cottage and not living in an apartment like atmosphere.
When my late husband and I retired in 2001, we sold our home in CA and bought a 40' fifth-wheel and truck. We headed to Brownsville, TX because my husband had talked to some friends that went there for the winters. We stayed at a 55+ park there for the winter and headed back to PA in the summer to visit family. Brownsville is just across the bridge from Matamoros, MX and we use to go shopping and eating in a group.

Back then, everything was so much cheaper. Diesel for the truck was 99 cents/gal.....haha. Anyway, when hubby died, I thought about going back to Victoria, TX where we eventually bought a house and lived for a few years. It was cheap to live there then but it isn't now. I'm staying put because I feel safe where I live and I never felt that way in MX.

I’m so happy that I downsized to my 2 bedroom 855 sq ft condo. I love being on the top floor with a great view. I feel safe since it’s a secure building. I have made many friends although it’s not a senior building. It’s easy to keep clean yet I still have my own space to entertain but just on a smaller scale.

This will be my last place as I can definitely age in place here. I’ve owned 10 properties throughout the years and moving is expensive. I made sure to be in town walking distance to some places and a bus stop nearby if I ever can’t drive.

I’m so happy that I downsized to my 2 bedroom 855 sq ft condo. I love being on the top floor with a great view. I feel safe since it’s a secure building. I have made many friends although it’s not a senior building. It’s easy to keep clean yet I still have my own space to entertain but just on a smaller scale.

This will be my last place as I can definitely age in place here. I’ve owned 10 properties throughout the years and moving is expensive. I made sure to be in town walking distance to some places and a bus stop nearby if I ever can’t drive.
Smart move Terry; I'm glad you feel safe. What is your view? Trees, flowers, lake, ocean? Your condo is a bit bigger than our apartment. The walk score for our area is 98%.

@officerripley I sure hope you don't wind up where you don't want to be. 🤗

Smart move Terry; I'm glad you feel safe. What is your view? Trees, flowers, lake, ocean? Your condo is a bit bigger than our apartment. The walk score for our area is 98%.

@officerripley I sure hope you don't wind up where you don't want to be. 🤗
I have the long view of the courtyard which is beautiful. It’s full of big trees and grass and I’m at the opposite end of where the pool is located. No one else can see onto my balcony from theirs. I had my balcony enclosed with glass last summer so I can use it 8 months of the year.

You need a car to get around Reno but I can walk to some places. Our bus system is not very good. I wanted to be prepared in case I ever can’t drive.

This is the 10th property I have owned and the last. I didn’t want a bigger place but I did want 2 bedrooms so I have room for guests. The kitchen was new and it had hardwood floors both of which I love. My youngest son remodeled the rest and saved me a ton of money. I absolutely love it!

Back