Unique Homes

Yes, but
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged ... --Jesus
Um, @gruntlabor, you showed judgment here by quoting that passage in response to my comment.

No worries. I'm used to judging and being judged. It's in human DNA. We never stop judging and evaluating everything and everyone - including whether someone is likely to harm us, or whether they're trustworthy.

Indeed, it's among the earliest lessons we teach our children to help keep them safe. (We tell them, "If you're lost in a crowd, see if you can find a police officer. Failing that, look for a woman with children and ask her for help.") Judge, evaluate, be safe.

Am I judging the extraordinary wastefulness of a solid gold toilet? You bet, As it happens, I'm more than willing to be judged by my own standards because I regularly financially support the building of sanitary facilities in poor countries through an international charity (KIVA).

Um, @gruntlabor, you showed judgment here by quoting that passage in response to my comment.

No worries. I'm used to judging and being judged. It's in human DNA. We never stop judging and evaluating everything and everyone - including whether someone is likely to harm us, or whether they're trustworthy.

Indeed, it's among the earliest lessons we teach our children to help keep them safe. (We tell them, "If you're lost in a crowd, see if you can find a police officer. Failing that, look for a woman with children and ask her for help.") Judge, evaluate, be safe.

Am I judging the extraordinary wastefulness of a solid gold toilet? You bet, As it happens, I'm more than willing to be judged by my own standards because I regularly financially support the building of sanitary facilities in poor countries through an international charity (KIVA).
Yep, I'm no different, but Christ (if he existed, and it's pleasant to think he did) wasn't talking about evaluating, he was talking about backbiting, which we all do.
But it's not the backbiting that bothers me as much as it's being a waste of time and emotion, so I try not to. Really nothing we can do about most of our pet peeves, speaking of which, actually, I agree with yours.

The “Circular Sun House” by Frank Lloyd Wright has gone on the market for $8,950,000. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, the home is the last design by the American architect before his death and sees overlapping concentric circles forming an abstract floor plan.

The Circular Sun House was completed in 1967 – eight years after the architect’s death. As such, its completion was overseen by architect John Rattenbury, who had served as an apprentice of Lloyd Wright earlier in his career.

870423_d77d40fddcbb4861a3c6b91afe9f1ac9~mv2.jpg

870423_8b09a59791944dffa645da4b92fa31c8~mv2.jpg

870423_81644ee62aca41c0a15a85a36c58a3f7~mv2.jpg

870423_fc7d8a35d55b4567800159a3359003e8~mv2.jpg

870423_2dcde275fb944635808c5fa3477951b9~mv2.jpg

frank lloyd wright's last completed design 'circular sun house' hits the market for $8,9M

Back