What have you bought recently?

Just bought a new Amazon Fire Max 11 Tablet... Spring sale almost £100 off the normal price... £249.99 down to... £159.99

My Ipad has stopped accepting any upgrades now after about 12 years so.. I'm replacing it with this Amazon fire Max 11 tablet which will be handy just to take with me on short trips...

what are girl guide cookies made from. I saw an episode of Friends many years ago where they were buying them in the usual comical fashion... :D
Girl Scout cookies are HUGE business and fund a lot of troop activities. 12 different flavors.
Meet the Cookies | Girl Scouts

My 9 year old DGD loves being a Scout. At last count she'd sold 1,014 boxes this cookie season at $6.00/box. (She's an overachiever like her mom - lol.)

LOL.....I did not have Lorne sausage because I can get them anytime here.. .. and I do have it about once a year...or 2

What I did have was fruit pudding. ( haven't had that in 50 years) . a slice of Clootie dumpling, ditto haggis.. and eggs..

Right now I have Beef olives stuffed with haggis roasting in the oven

...and in the freezer are mutton pies stuffed with Black pudding.. ( I can get mutton pies here , not stuffed with BP.. but a pale copy of the real McCoy) , and right now I've just come in from gardening.. and I'm sat with a cuppa tea.. and a Coconut Snowball ( the latter again, I've not tasted for 50 years).. the imitations down here aren't a patch on the real thing..

full_2018-04-10-165452-IMG_1739.jpg

Xaptan.....
I have never seen or heard of those foods. Definitely will research it now.

DD and I went to the garden center this morning. I bought flowers because that's what they sell there. I bought lots of flowers because they had lots of them. Lots of flowers have been planted, but there are some left for tomorrow.

Today is the last day of the mulch sale. The other garden center puts mulch on sale the first weekend of April so I'm waiting for that one because I don't wanna go out in the world again today.

I didn't spend a lot of real money because there was $75 left on a gift card. Maybe $30-35 so I'm only in the hole a little bit. It doesn't look like tomorrow's paycheck will all go to the EF. Oops.

My new Amazon Fire Max 11 Tablet arrived today. I was furious with the delivery driver. I'd been watching out for him, and saw him park up, and then he seemed to disappear.. altho' I was supposedly the next delivery.. .. then I saw him come out of the side of my house and walk back to his van. He hadn't bothered to ring the doorbell. he'd just launched the box over the 6 foot side Gate and in the rain too.. .. I really expected it to be smashed because it was in very thin packaging.. thankfully it wasn't...

I just ordered another iPad from Amazon. This is an older iPad Pro 10.5, and I am going to use it primarily for my pigment coloring app. I have been using my large 12.9 iPad,but it is heavy to hold, and my little iPad mini is just too small for me to see what I am coloring when working with the small details.
This is an older iPad, but will still update for a while yet, and since it is mainly going to be for painting, once I have it loaded with the apps I want to use, it should be fine even after it stops updating.
It is a medium sized iPad, and weighs about half as much as my large one does, but is only about 2 inches smaller.

I just canned dog food from Walmart (our dog gets about a tablespoon of it mixed in with dry morning & night, plus green beans). It was on sale for a great price so I ordered two cases - 48 cans. That'll hold him for quite a while. Also ordered some canned goods and sugar while I was at it.

Probably going to blow more money on fresh produce tomorrow. Pretty thrilling life, I know. Don't hate me cause you ain't me...

Just bought a new Amazon Fire Max 11 Tablet... Spring sale almost £100 off the normal price... £249.99 down to... £159.99

My Ipad has stopped accepting any upgrades now after about 12 years so.. I'm replacing it with this Amazon fire Max 11 tablet which will be handy just to take with me on short trips...
How are you liking the large Kindle Fire, @hollydolly ? They are a lot heavier than an iPad, but almost indestructible, and can use a chip for more space if needed.
I have had Kindles, but everything else was on an Apple device, and all my family has Apple; so the Kindle while fine on its own, just didn’t mesh with the Apple devices, and I finally rehomed my Kindle.

The prices for a Kindle are much better than for an iPad, too. I just ordered an older iPad Pro 10.5 because I wanted a mid-size one for artwork. I have been looking for a while now, and trying to find a compromise between age, ability, and price, and finally ended up getting the 10.5 size.
I would have liked one of the newer iPad Air tablets, but they were just a lot more expensive, and this one is about the same size.

It's not a Kindle Yvonne... :)...altho' it is compatible with kindle.. and there's an offer of 3 months of Kindle Unlimited with the Tablet...

I have my kindle still, and as you know my Ipad stopped accepting upgrades so I can still use it to read books that are uploaded to it that I've not got around to reading ( holiday reads).. and my Kindle still works perfectly when I need it..

This Max Fire 11... is about the same weight as my Ipad, and just an inch longer.. I'll have to get a case for it. The jury is out currently as to whether I'll buy a keyboard case for it.. I hate touch pads tbh...

I agree about the high cost of Ipads... this is the reason I didn't buy a new one.. Just too expensive for the little time I use them.. which was always really for work, or when I was away on holiday..of course both of those are now almost non-existent, so the Max Fire 11 will suffice for now, along with my Mac desktop/.. until I can get a new Laptop.. again.. pretty expensive but more useful to me than an Ipad...

Last edited:
I just canned dog food from Walmart (our dog gets about a tablespoon of it mixed in with dry morning & night, plus green beans). It was on sale for a great price so I ordered two cases - 48 cans. That'll hold him for quite a while. Also ordered some canned goods and sugar while I was at it.

Probably going to blow more money on fresh produce tomorrow. Pretty thrilling life, I know. Don't hate me cause you ain't me...
Are your farmer's markets opening up? Ours are setting out their goods everywhere.

Finally broke down and bought a riding mower.

Found a used one on facebook marketplace.
I'm going to sell my late husband's riding mower but I'm not sure what to ask for it. He bought it in April, 2022 at home Depot for $2300+. It's a Cub Cadet 42". Any idea what to ask????

Back