What is your biggest fear as a senior citizen?

Your biggest fear as a senior citizen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems Blue Collar Poetry got upset over the lack of seriousness in answering the polls so created another post bidding farewell to us.

That'll teach us.

Goodbye and take care

Seems the mention of real things or anything not related to wasted energy or Taylor Swift is too hard to talk about so I won’t bother anyone anymore with questions or polls about serious senior citizens. I wish everyone the best and take care! Feel free to share support for those who might need...

I don't know if "fears" is the right term. I have concerns. There's little on that list you could change. I don't regret my life, and I don't have to worry the cops are going to find the bodies, or something. And no, I don't think they are going to chisel out Lincoln's head on Mount Rushmore, and chisel in mine. I'm not happy with this "dead" thing, but otherwise I'm OK.

I don't know if "fears" is the right term. I have concerns. There's little on that list you could change. I don't regret my life, and I don't have to worry the cops are going to find the bodies, or something. And no, I don't think they are going to chisel out Lincoln's head on Mount Rushmore, and chisel in mine. I'm not happy with this "dead" thing, but otherwise I'm OK.
For me, only being concerned rather than afraid would be a step up.

This is yet another reason I will not complete your surveys. My greatest fears are NOT EVEN LISTED on your survey.

My two greatest fears, not necessarily in order of fear are:
1. Being homeless. By homeless I specifically mean not having a place of my own THAT I LIKE, where I will not be a burden on my adult kids. I don't have to love it, and I don't have to love every part of my dwelling, but I have to like more about it than I dislike. Does that make sense?

2. Slowly dying from some wasting disease where, again, I would be either a financial or in-person care burden to my kids. I would like to die quickly, if I can order up a death experience.

(Coming soon to a website near you - some Gen Z person will surely create a Death Experience online or with virtual programming for you to try out. $9.99 for 60 minutes. ;) )

Last edited:
I feel like because we have grown accustomed to being alone much more since the pandemic and mass media we are isolated from others much more than we ever were. We use to share our fears with our friends and family as a regular and common thing. Now there is a sense that we have to face the things that frighten us alone, which makes it even more frightening.

I think we all need to become especially aware of the tendency to dwell on things that are scary to us. That will depend on the individual, and it will vary widely, but when a scary notion starts it's progress in our minds, we need to recognize THAT is what we are doing. It can quickly become overwhelming if we let it. Some things need our attention, but so many of the things that bother us, can be skipped over, because there is really nothing substantive happening.

None of the above. My biggest fear..dying alone with no family. With no spouse and when parents are both gone. Will my friends look after my funeral and burial?
Take charge of your own affairs, before the departing happens. Write out your wishes on paper, and distribute them to several reliable people that you can trust to carry out your directions. My Wife and my Lawyer both have copies of my will and my funeral plans. I have a pre paid contract with a Toronto cremation service, that covers the entire process, it only requires one phone call, to set it in motion. A small party with a piper, and drinks for everyone, is also pre paid. In my opinion, fancy expensive funerals are a waste of money, intended to make the survivors "feel better ". The dead guy doesn't care...Jimb.

Today I was worried about not being able to be a good hostess to company arriving tomorrow. Then I had a painful ankle episode and I worried about that. Later we noticed a wet spot on the lawn and it looks like we might have a broken pipe.

First thing tomorrow or maybe not. No need to worry about the big picture. Too busy with all the day-to- day adventures

Crime, most likely: Cyber Crime. Most all calls, you have no clue who they are, but want info from us while offering incredible winnings, deliveries etc.

Today I was worried about not being able to be a good hostess to company arriving tomorrow. Then I had a painful ankle episode and I worried about that. Later we noticed a wet spot on the lawn and it looks like we might have a broken pipe.

First thing tomorrow or maybe not. No need to worry about the big picture. Too busy with all the day-to- day adventures
Have your water meter shut off immediately if you believe you have water on the move near the water into your home.

Snakes, mostly harmless and non-venomous are usually early spring movers for their babies in tall stuff and coverages near 1/2 mile of water. Later near summer times you may discover their lil ones also wanting to head toward those free running water sources While eating bugs, whatever to grow before another predator eats them.

My biggest fear is that I totally messed up and nobody's telling me.

So I picked #4. Not exactly it, but pretty close.

None of that other stuff scares me at all. Young or old, you can't let stuff like that drag you down.

None of the choices.

Not a fear but more like a feeling of despair when I think about what my wife will experience when I begin my dirt nap.
There is no doubt she will suffer but because of you she will know she was loved and will she you again in God's grace. She will know you are there waiting to greet her to your new world. Do not despair, talk about this and know what ever happens you will be reunited. It may seem like a long earthly time but in truth it will be a quick transition. I have experience, my husband passed almost 15 years ago, I still know he is out there waiting. That does not mean it is easy but it gives me hope we will be together some day.

Back