What's a cause or issue that you've become more passionate about as you've gotten older?

Well, not in here they don't want to be held liable if I get stoned and hurt myself, they won't even let me have Tylenol without a doctor's say-so. I can understand their point of view, but I've been adulting for a long time and believe that I can make decisions for myself I suppose everything has its trade-offs.
You must be in assisted living. Maybe if you get a doctors prescription showing that you need it. It would be worth asking about. Maybe they will allow you to take cannabis infused gummy bears.

Income disparity also bothers me and the fact that it’s driven entirely by greed makes me angry at my fellow man. However, my main concern is the environment - the world we are giving my grands and g’grands to live in and that is often the result of thoughtlessness and the general lack of foresight … act now, consider the consequences later.
Same here.

I think though, that they know what the consequences are. They just don't care.
I agree. I read an article a few years ago by a journalist who got a job for a while as a chauffer to rich people; he even ended up driving some of the world's 1 percent at Davos. Anyway, he discovered, as I did, since he was in a "lowly" position, that he turned invisible and people will forget you're there and you wouldn't believe the stuff they'd say in front of him.

He said amongst the stuff that he overheard was the fact that they all think at least some climate change is human-caused, they realize that things could well get really bad, and they didn't seem to care in the slightest what kind of a world their kids/g'kids/any descendants were going to have to live in.

In fact, he said he heard more than 1 person say along the lines of, "You say what with famines and all that people are going to be literally rioting in the streets for food? I don't care; I've got my own private security firm." And "You say that because of global warming sea levels will rise and my oceanfront home(s) might get wiped out? Why should I care? I like my house in the Alps better anyway." The journo/chauffer said they literally were always saying stuff like that. Oh, and he also said that none of them seemed to be happy; they were always talking about wishing that they were in the 1/2 of the 1 percent.

I agree. I read an article a few years ago by a journalist who got a job for a while as a chauffer to rich people; he even ended up driving some of the world's 1 percent at Davos. Anyway, he discovered, as I did, since he was in a "lowly" position, that he turned invisible and people will forget you're there and you wouldn't believe the stuff they'd say in front of him.

He said amongst the stuff that he overheard was the fact that they all think at least some climate change is human-caused, they realize that things could well get really bad, and they didn't seem to care in the slightest what kind of a world their kids/g'kids/any descendants were going to have to live in.

In fact, he said he heard more than 1 person say along the lines of, "You say what with famines and all that people are going to be literally rioting in the streets for food? I don't care; I've got my own private security firm." And "You say that because of global warming sea levels will rise and my oceanfront home(s) might get wiped out? Why should I care? I like my house in the Alps better anyway." The journo/chauffer said they literally were always saying stuff like that. Oh, and he also said that none of them seemed to be happy; they were always talking about wishing that they were in the 1/2 of the 1 percent.
When the excrement hits the air conditioning their security force will in all likelihood turn on them first and take their cushy hideaways for themselves.

Or just possibly he wasn't completely invisible to them. Maybe he was the audience they needed to make themselves feel superior.

When the excrement hits the air conditioning their security force will in all likelihood turn on them first and take their cushy hideaways for themselves.
I just now remembered another thing I read: A corporate consultant got a call from 4 (I think it was 4) very famous, wealthy people in the tech industry (so you know darn well who it was; he said he couldn't say because he'd signed an NDA), inviting him to a conference to talk about employee issues. So he accepted and arrived with all kinds of stuff pertaining to corporate employee relations, issues, etc. But they told him they only had one question.

Consultant: Oh, just one question? Well, okay; what is it?
1 of the Big Shots: If society crashes, how do we keep our private security forces loyal to us?
Consultant: Pay them decently, treat them decently and let their families too inside your compound.
All Big Shots: {Laughing} No, really, all kidding aside, how do we keep our private security loyal?
Consultant: I'm not kidding; seriously, pay & treat them decently and let their families too inside your compounds.

He said all the big shots at that point leaned back with disappointed looks on their faces and said "thanks anyway."

Some really strange people end up with a lot of money and power, don't they?

I just now remembered another thing I read: A corporate consultant got a call from 4 (I think it was 4) very famous, wealthy people in the tech industry (so you know darn well who it was; he said he couldn't say because he'd signed an NDA), inviting him to a conference to talk about employee issues. So he accepted and arrived with all kinds of stuff pertaining to corporate employee relations, issues, etc. But they told him they only had one question.

Consultant: Oh, just one question? Well, okay; what is it?
1 of the Big Shots: If society crashes, how do we keep our private security forces loyal to us?
Consultant: Pay them decently, treat them decently and let their families too inside your compound.
All Big Shots: {Laughing} No, really, all kidding aside, how do we keep our private security loyal?
Consultant: I'm not kidding; seriously, pay & treat them decently and let their

families too inside your compounds.

He said all the big shots at that point leaned back with disappointed looks on their faces and said "thanks anyway."

Some really strange people end up with a lot of money and power, don't they?

I'm afraid you are right. Some don't get to the top unless they are soulless.

Folks, if I become Emperor of the Universe, every community and town in America with say at least 10,000 people, ought be by law required and solidly tax supported to have open to the public 24/7 and cleanly maintained by a state contract, a:

• drinking water fountain with faucet
  • a male / female restroom

And should be available in all city outdoor parks.

Folks, if I become Emperor of the Universe, every community and town in America with say at least 10,000 people, ought be by law required and solidly tax supported to have open to the public 24/7 and cleanly maintained by a state contract, a:

• drinking water fountain with faucet
  • a male / female restroom

And should be available in all city outdoor parks.
And the crowd shouted, AMEN!

You know invisibility stretches across the spectrum, when one ages they become invisible I've found that out living here, the aides talk about things that are better left unheard. To give an example last week in the dining room the girls were talking about being dateless on a Friday night when one declared that when she got home she was and I quote " Going to spread them and flick the bean" This brought a smile and a chuckle to me I didn't mind but it was inappropriate language in a room full of people.

Care and protection of animals, domestic and wild, in the world. Especially larger mammals.
Cats and dogs in shelters and the streets.
Protection of American wilderness, especially scenic and national parks and areas.
Cleaner water and air where possible in cities. Clean water laws were threatened, as was the EPA.
I am not an extremist, by any means. A moderate, democrat.
I could go on but I will stop here.

My issue- idiots with a computer, who type whatever is in their twisted heads, and the other idiots who believe them.
For example. I like reading about ancient Egypt. There's an Egyptian archeologist, who is supposed to have a false wall in his bathroom, which led down to the Great Pyramid of Khufu, where he sells stolen gold Egyptian antiques. Really, what Einstien thought that up? And Why? I'm sick of people typing their fingers off claiming the alligator people, from planet Zylogg 3 really built the pyramids.
Yeah, we have freedom of speech, but it doesn't mean a jack ass isn't a jack ass. And what someone types doesn't necessarily make it true.

Advanced directives - people should be able to make advanced directives a head of time for when they no longer can think for themselves - dying with dignity. I support the process both emotionally and financially
I have a medical directive section included in my Living Will and it does exactly that. I have also named the person in charge to see to it that it happens just the way I've instructed.

I have a medical directive section included in my Living Will and it does exactly that. I have also named the person in charge to see to it that it happens just the way I've instructed.
Normally this works out but you can’t have an advanced directive with assisted euthanasia. You have to be cognitive to ask for assistance. This is the law that needs to be changed for those wanting assistance.

Back