2020 - How's The Weather By You?

Morning was 65 now up to 75,, with a breeze.

We had an appointment at 9a.m. this morning.
Than hubby had another parts run,, sure hope he got the right parts this time.

He was going to stop at Emerge care as it appears he has been bit by a tick.

I should have recognized the bite when he showed me.

Bite was about size of small button with fine red ring around it.
Looked like it was infected.

Please check yourselves or any one who has been outside for ticks.
They are so tiny about size of grain of pepper.

Ticks don't fly .
I've seen them fall out of trees onto a person.

We're in our fairly normal weather pattern these days, cool mornings (high 50's to mid 60's), hot afternoons (high 80's to low 90's) and then cooling as the evening progresses. It seems a bit hotter than normal overall, but I haven't checked if we're higher than the 30 year averages. It definitely got hotter sooner this year than last year. Last year we didn't get any 90 degree weather until July. This year we've already had several days where it hit 100 or almost hit 100 depending on which thermometer one trusts. We also had much less overcast in May and early June than we normally have.

We have another hot spell in central Missouri.....temps in the low 90's, and high humidity. It's supposed to start raining again tomorrow, and good chances for rain most of the next week....we are already 6 inches above normal for the year. Between the heat, humidity, and excess rain, I'm falling behind on my outdoor chores....outside in the early morning, then back in the house around noon. Our weather this year probably closely resembles that in Miami.

105455562_3334464669937756_3745200818991719089_n.jpg

Have had a great week of summer weather. Temps from 27 to 33 yesterday. A lot of wind, and very dry, had a couple of overnight showers, very sparse, agout 37 drops, a lot of sun. 🌞🌞🌞. Down part is, grass has turned into Rice Krispies grass.......crunch...crunch....crunch. Anyone have extra milk to go with the Rice Krispies.

That "Sahara Desert" dust cloud has arrived in Missouri, and our skies are gray. That, combined with high humidity, and temperatures expected to reach the 90's is going to make for some rather uncomfortable weather this week.

Weather alerts were issued late yesterday.
Once again, here in our area, dodged the bullet again.
A small city, 60 miles north....100 ml of rain mixed with hail downed in a short time, tornado spotted, haven't heard if it touched down.

Update from this morning's post.
Tha city i mentioned this morning, rainfall had been calculated at 155 ml......some stores had a foot of water, hospital suffered flooding as well, lots of people's homes flooded.
Surrounding towns in this same area dealt with anywhere from 115 to 140 ml of rain, golfball size hail.
Will there be an end to devastation in 2020. 😟😟😟

Had a thunderstorm, lots of lightning, and just under 1/2 inch rain, Tuesday evening, and through the nite.
My guy braved it out to do his bedtime jobs.....my 2 girls wouldn't.....so they squeezed it in.....waited till morning.
Not a severe storm, just the normal, lucky, considering what other areas are getting.
Was a nice day yesterday, 28, with a cooling sw wind.

Back