2022 - How's the Weather Where You Are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Holly, I can tolerate 70 quite comfortably, more importantly, so can the old car.

Can heat lead to a battery problem? I am finding people who need a jump and that does not work because their batteries are dry. If it only happened once I would ignore it, but this week I have found many people dealing with the problem.

Can heat lead to a battery problem? I am finding people who need a jump and that does not work because their batteries are dry. If it only happened once I would ignore it, but this week I have found many people dealing with the problem.
A high of 85 degrees celcius is predicted, which is only slightly lower than what its been for the past week. Still too hot for me!

:mad: I am isolated! First I have to stay home by myself because I was exposed to covid and need to isolate myself and I can't even go to the pool. Second, even if I could do my Senior Companion thing, I can not because of the heat. We are over 90 degrees all week, and this is considered unsafe so we are not visiting clients.

o_O This is day 2 by myself. 😬 I am not sure I can handle this. 🤪

Yes, high heat can cause a car battery to drain a bit quicker....especially if a person is just making short drives....the alternator may not bring the battery up to full charge. Batteries are sealed, so there is no way to add water, but they can develop small leaks if they are very old. A good thing to check is the condition of the battery posts. If you see any buildup of "white" corrosion on the Plus or Minus terminals, it's a good idea to remove the cables, clean them and the battery posts, so they make good connection and allow the battery to recharge better. But, if you do that, be prepared to reset all the cars "electronics"....everything from the clock and radio to the functions on the dashboard "screen".

Last edited:
:mad: I am isolated! First I have to stay home by myself because I was exposed to covid and need to isolate myself and I can't even go to the pool. Second, even if I could do my Senior Companion thing, I can not because of the heat. We are over 90 degrees all week, and this is considered unsafe so we are not visiting clients.

o_O This is day 2 by myself. 😬 I am not sure I can handle this. 🤪
join the club, I'm by myself every day.. and night...

at least our temps have dropped to bearable, even if it's still too hot in the house.. they'll climb back up by the weekend again, but for now, I'm thanking all that's Holy for cooler temps..

join the club, I'm by myself every day.. and night...

at least our temps have dropped to bearable, even if it's still too hot in the house.. they'll climb back up by the weekend again, but for now, I'm thanking all that's Holy for cooler temps..
Got room for another member? I spend most days alone, too. The whole COVID thing has really put a hitch in my giddy-up. I'm still not comfortable being around people. I guess it's going to be this way for quite a while. There's no choice except to hang in there as best we can. At least we have our friends here on SF and that helps, doesn't it? 🙂

Got room for another member? I spend most days alone, too. The whole COVID thing has really put a hitch in my giddy-up. I'm still not comfortable being around people. I guess it's going to be this way for quite a while. There's no choice except to hang in there as best we can. At least we have our friends here on SF and that helps, doesn't it? 🙂
For sure I am thankful for forums and the Internet. I remember the old days of being isolated with 2 children out in the boonies and the closest I got to adult discussions was letters. If I had had the Internet, I think I would have done much better. It would have been wonderful to stay in touch with my mother and grandmother with the speed of the Internet. I think about the poor pioneer women trapped at home and far from anyone. How much better their lives would have been if they had had the Internet.

We are 92 degrees and inside my much cooler apartment, I am thinking of taking my sweater off. We have had cool nights and because I have nothing else to do, it is easy to open all the windows at night and use fans to draw in the cool air and then close the windows around 9 a.m.. I still haven't used the tiny personal cooler but hopefully, my apartment will get warm enough to give it a try tonight. Last night I wetted the cartridge and put it in the freezer as the instructions say to do.

It has been a strange week here. Rainy and cloudy all week with highs only in the upper 90's. It has been a nice break from the sun and the heat and we desperately needed the rain. The weather has given me "Autumn Fever".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back