2023-4 NFL Pro Football (Pls, no other sports - thx!)

DaiwaGuy, your words to God's ear, LOL.

But certainly, the Ravens, Bills and the Packers are so far the hottest teams in the playoffs, 'clicking' on all levels. Should be an exciting weekend!

Oh are we a little jealous 49er or Giant fan? Eagles or Washington? All losers. Really name calling? Reminds me of being in 8th grade and listening to little immature boys calling teams and players they don't like, childish names.
Giants fans are pussies.

Green Bay seems to have had a chippy plan of lots of trash talk along with grabbing then hanging on to players after a ball is dead, usually a strategy teams sometimes use hoping it may result in anger with players being called for a personal penalty or worse being ejected among those that tend to push back. And it finally did work in the 3rd quarter with Williams being called for an important penalty after he hardly pushed one of them in front of a ref, who then like an actor flopped on the ground. Many professional players in all sports are emotional midgets.

In the past, that has resulted in the 49ers losing key players, so I imagine by this point they are aware of that and the SF coach has made sure they don't take that bait. But SF seems to have already lost Deebo Samuel due to a re-injury he was already nursing. In the first half, SF defensive back replacement Thomas committed two needless pass interference arm holds around receiver's body's resulting in long penalty yardage that resulted in GB points. I really hate how some team coaches teach players to play like that as it has plagued the 49ers for years.

Underdog Green Bay played a strong game with a great effort, game plan, and coaching. Well done! With leads changing several times GB was leading until the final minute. San Francisco made many mistakes including dropping passes and Purdy had numbers of poor throws just as he did against Cleveland earlier this season during wet weather. 49ers were very lucky to have pulled it out. In the end, Greenlaw intercepted a Love pass when GB just needed a bit more yardage for a field goal to tie.

Last edited:
...SF seems to have already lost Deebo Samuel due to a re-injury he was already nursing. In the first half, SF defensive back replacement Thomas committed two needless pass interference arm holds around receiver's body's resulting in long penalty yardage that resulted in GB points. I really hate how some team coaches teach players to play like that as it has plagued the 49ers for years.

Underdog Green Bay played a strong game with a great effort, game plan, and coaching. Well done! With leads changing several times GB was leading until the final minute. San Francisco made many mistakes including dropping passes and Purdy had numbers of poor throws just as he did against Cleveland earlier this season during wet weather. 49ers were very lucky to have pulled it out. In the end, Greenlaw intercepted a Love pass when GB just needed a bit more yardage for a field goal to tie.
Trust me, NOBODY has taught Ambry Thomas to grab players. The many PIs he has received ever since we put him on the field is unfortunately part of the pkg. He's a second rate player but Talanoa Hufanga, who is outstanding, went on IR and is lost for the season. Lots of reshuffling in the Niners secondary has us stuck with Thomas. Gipson is even worse, slow and a pass liability.

Concern for Deebo was it's the same shoulder he fractured before, which kept him out of multiple games. However, altho he's in pain he still has full range of motion, so that and the tests show no recurrence of the fracture (he couldn't even lift his arm above shoulder height when it was fractured). Deebo runs hard and hits hard, but that kind of back also wears out faster and gets injured more. I think we're seeing the inevitable decline of Deebo as a reliable offensive weapon, which is a shame as he's electrifying when "on".

Personally I want to see Deebo sit on Sunday, we need him vs Ravens and we don't need him to beat the Lions, assuming Kyle can scheme properly this time and utilize ALL his weapons, not just 2 of them 98% of the time. They have a suspect D: poor secondary, weak pass rush, below-average linebackers. We know Goff well and can beat him easily; consistent pressure totally flusters him.

Both Love and Purdy made mistakes but Purdy made more (about 25% of his throws, per stat counts). Fortunately for us, at the end it was Love who made his final mistake, while Purdy was almost perfect (and would have been 100%, if George hadn't dropped the pass by getting overeager).

I like Niners HC Kyle Shanahan but I don't love him as I loved Bill Walsh. Kyle has three blind spots: the OL, the secondary, and Special Teams. Every year those weaknesses bite us in at least a dozen games, making success harder than it should be. If GM Lynch hadn't gotten us Trent Williams we'd be going through QBs faster than the Cleveland Browns, LOL. Watching Burford and McKivitz on the OL is like undergoing Chinese water torture - you know they're going to get beaten half a dozen times per game, it's just a question of when.

GBay outcoached the Niners on both O and D - yeah, I don't like Niners DC Steve Wilks either, somebody please poach him from us, like tomorrow. He's drawn up two good games and the rest are forgettable, our players make up for his conservative timidity. Kyle's game planning sucked for the playoffs, as usual. Ever since he got blamed for losing the SB with his last team, he has it fixed in his mind and can't let go of it. We over-use McCaffrey and under-utilize Kittle, Jennings and Conley, Mitchell and Mason.

I think the Niners will beat the Lions just to make the statement that the Green Bay game was due to 3 weeks off, since most starters didn't play vs the final game with the Rams.

But I think it's the Ravens year, unless Sunday's game is a surprise upset. They shook off their rust after 1 quarter, whereas SF took 55 mins to stop shooting themselves in the foot. I have a lot of respect for John Harbaugh as a coach, and the new OC has done an outstanding job with Lamar. Their D is overall even better than the Niners, as their pass rush is consistent all game long and faster as well.

That's why I don't think our OL is up to the task - I hope they can make a super effort for one game, but I wouldn't rely on it. Kyle needs to create a seriously good scheme, and be more flexible about his personnel. I know he can do the first, but in 8 yrs he has yet to show he can do the second.

Go Chiefs!!!

Absolute_Reality_v16_Taylor_Swift_riding_on_Kansas_City_Chiefs_2.jpg

After the first half 17 points behind, the way the 49ers were playing, I didn't have much hope. Now they are playing the Chiefs once again in the Super Bowl. And this time almost all players are healthy. Long long grueling main season is over.

Detroit deserves a lot of credit despite the collapse, as they played a strong game and could have won with a bit more luck. 49er QB Purdy made 3 long runs escaping from the pocket when his receivers were covered that was the difference in the primary game. Play of the game was a ball that bounced up in the air off the helmet of the Detroit defender that Aiyuk caught with difficulty as a deflection, downed at the one yard line.

The Chiefs were fabulous! Travis was amazing! I loved all the kissing with Taylor too. Great game, it had to be if I watched it! (((Patrick Mahomes)))

Like the 49ers too, as *I* am a 49er myself! Looking forward to Super Bowl! My son promised me that I will buy the damn hat of the winning team for my grandson. I will! I will buy the hat!

What was notable about both nfc and afc games was how the winning teams managed the clock and finished with a win. Green Bay, although having the talent, failed to finish the game. Also the kicker for Green Bay proved to be detrimental, which everyone suspected would happen at some point given his very bad preseason debut and many missed extra points during the regular season. A team needs to be complete at all positions and be able to finish a game right.

I was quite surprised that the Ravens went down as I truly thought they'de win it all just because they're so well balanced a team but hey; anything can happen in a single game and in this case, it did!

I should know better than to doubt KC though. They seem to have a knack for peaking at just the right time.
4 outta 5 proves that.

Should be a great game. I just hope all the surrounding circus isn't too dsitracting.

Back