2023 - How's the Weather Where You Are?

I'm pretty sure at some point that winter weather will visit the Texas Gulf Coast, but for now, it's very mild.
In past years, February has been the time to get hit with "Winter" .... we'll see.

It's super windy again today. Won't be surprised if the power goes out.

It's been really sunny, though, for 3 or 4 days now. But the valley air is really cold...coming off several feet of snow in the mountains. The wind today feels like ice needles hitting your skin.

It snowed all day but stayed one degree above freezing. Now big chunks of stuff is falling out of the trees onto the roof and making clunking noises. I have never known it to do this before. Usually it just melts.
Hopefully now that it's dark it will get below freezing and stuff will quit falling and clunking.

It was a rainy, windy day in the Houston area yesterday .... our 70 degrees butted up with a cold front from the West.
I think we got about 4" of rain in my area. That was about it, with the strong winds. Now it's in the 40's this morning.

But along the coast, for several miles, it turned into a destructive tornado event ... for Pasadena, Deer Park and Baytown, Texas.
'
Reports are saying it is the first time ever, a "tornado emergency" has been called in the area, and has done damage like what happened yesterday .... It was an 18 mile long storm path that stretched over half a mile wide in a populated area. .

There have not been any reports of deaths, but the Pasadena Pet Shelter was destroyed and some animals were injured.

Thinking of @terry123 .... did this come your way? Hope all is well with you.

Last edited:
Another winter weather advisory issued:

Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:47 AM Jan. 25, 2023 – National Weather Service
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS
MORNING TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
2 to 5 inches and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an
inch. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...Western Massachusetts and the Capital District,
Schoharie and Mohawk Valleys, Helderbergs, and Washington County
in eastern New York.

* WHEN...From 10 AM this morning to 1 AM EST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the evening commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates could be around half an inch
per hour at times this afternoon and evening. Snow will turn to
rain this evening in the Hudson Valley, with some light freezing
rain possible elsewhere. Gusty winds this evening could result
in isolated power outages.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

Back