600 dollar tease

I just read that too Jeni and was going to share that information with you. It's alright for some people to have to do it that way...but I feel for those who desperately needed the money "yesterday"! Now they have to wait until tax time to get it?! According to their website mine was "scheduled to be mailed Jan 6th". I haven't gotten it yet and who knows if they are on schedule. It's going to charity anyway so the timing doesn't bother me. I just hope the mail person doesn't screw up the delivery address.

@RadishRose St. Jude is one of my favorite charities. They get my RMD every year.
The USPS is really messed up and really slow. I’m in Utah, daughter is in Texas and it took over a month for her to get her Christmas card and gift cards. After two weeks her card was in Texas and it was sent from Texas to Los Angeles. After being sent to 4 other cities it was sent to Dallas.

It sat in Dallas for a week and it then took three days once it left Dallas to go to El Paso which is 12 hours away. So, your check is in the mail, but where in the mail is anyone’s guess.

The USPS is really messed up and really slow. I’m in Utah, daughter is in Texas and it took over a month for her to get her Christmas card and gift cards. After two weeks her card was in Texas and it was sent from Texas to Los Angeles. After being sent to 4 other cities it was sent to Dallas.

It sat in Dallas for a week and it then took three days once it left Dallas to go to El Paso which is 12 hours away. So, your check is in the mail, but where in the mail is anyone’s guess.
I know what you mean Aneeda. I have many P.O. horror stories, both my own and what I hear customers say when I'm waiting online to pick up packages. According to the IRS site, checks may take 14 days to reach recipients. Ugggh! :confused:

Let us remember that the stimulus checks is Our Money.
Congress wishes to be perceived as a concerned party-Again it is our money.
Congress has no money, only we do.

Thank you, the form in article might be of some assistance .....
i tried many items online on IRS website but did not get anywhere..... tried calling many times can get no where ....

I believe the issue is due to an error in the address the IRS has on file
The "get my payment" tool on IRS page asks for
SSN/ Date of birth and an address ........................each time i entered it said no match..... even using spouse info ........

It just aggravates me that the address on our returns over last few years is correct ...

where the incorrect data came from makes me wonder about ID theft ...... someone using my SSN

The USPS is spotty on delivery at best these days. A priority mail package was held up for 10 days at a local hub, presumed list then showed up delivered 5 days later. Even Informed Delivery is not very accurate the last few weeks, I suspect most will get a check by Feb 1.

@Jeni be sure everything is entered in the correct format, one error will show as no match.

Let us remember that the stimulus checks is Our Money.
Congress wishes to be perceived as a concerned party-Again it is our money.
Congress has no money, only we do.
100% true. It's not free money taxes go in to support government spending. The bad news is our government has already spent more than it takes in. No mystery about how to make up for that.

Mine was scheduled to be mailed on 1/6/2021 also and I have “informed delivery” so I know if it’s worth going to our cluster boxes, and if there is anything financial there, or with persona account numbers I go right up after I, sure they’ve delivered. Nothing yet.
Have to say I’ve been very lucky with delivery, both letters and packages. No untoward delays.

Haven't gotten my 600 dollars yet. The last money I got was from me filing my 2018 and 2019 tax return and wondering if I will have to file 2020 to get this 600 dollars?
No, you do not. But there were a lot of issues with getting the money out for people who used certain tax preparers which they are correcting. Plus if you closed an account and the money was sent to a closed account, the money has to be returned and a check mailed to you

And also useless for many who have had no loss of income due to the pandemic. I hope they donate it to others more needy, but I expect most will just put it in the bank.
That's what we did. Gave it to a food bank. Why are retired people getting it? We have no loss of income. Give it to the people who need it. I will say if they give us another $1400 I'm keeping it. There's going to be Hell to pay with the bankrupting of this country and we're all going to get stuck somewhere down the line paying for this stuff.

If the unemployed are getting $300 a week per person in a single household that's $1200. That's almost as much as I make going out there every day to work. You expect me to believe that they need assistance? Come on! You seem to forget that those of us who are working right now are also at higher risk and we have bills to pay too. I think it's wrong to try to guilt people into giving money to others when they are not without funds. They have options for assistance. We don't. We still have to buy our groceries and pay our bills. We don't get to live rent and utility free during this. We don't get any food stamps. We are still having to take care of ourselves. I need that $600 for glasses. I'm not giving it to someone whose getting $1200 a month to sit on their butt. Whether by choice or otherwise. If that makes me selfish then so be it. I don't see anyone offering to help me pay for the things I can't afford. It would be different if there were no jobs out there for them to get. Sometimes the way people think just irritates me.
$300 a week is $7.50 an hour, plus they have to pay taxes on that money at the end of the year. Hardly living in the lap of luxury. A one bedroom apartment here is around $800 a month and I live in a moderate cost of living state. There are no jobs here for any restaurant staff who lost their jobs, the restaurants are closed to inside dining. Lots of other jobs have disappeared. Sure we can all use some extra cash but it makes no sense to give money to people who haven't been affected by the pandemic, poor or not. We might as well follow Andrew Yang's advice of giving everybody $1000 a month and see how long we last before we go bankrupt. It's obvious, you want that money and that's fine but why try to rationalize it?

Last edited:
The cost of the perpetual state of warfare that this country has been incensed with for years makes any assistance to citizens look a pittance.

For instance, compare the useless cost of keeping Gitmo (Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp) open for 20 years (40 detainees remaining with still no plan for closure) to basic assistance to needy working class Americans in a time of crisis.

For instance, compare the useless cost of keeping Gitmo (Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp) open for 20 years (40 detainees remaining with still no plan for closure)
Not useless. What do you what to do, Close GITMO and transfer the detainees to the USA or some other Country so they can lawyer up and be set free? I believe you know what would happen next.

$300 a week is $7.50 an hour, plus they have to pay taxes on that money at the end of the year. Hardly living in the lap of luxury. A one bedroom apartment here is around $800 a month and I live in a moderate cost of living state. There are no jobs here for any restaurant staff who lost their jobs, the restaurants are closed to inside dining. Lots of other jobs have disappeared. Sure we can all use some extra cash but it makes no sense to give money to people who haven't been affected by the pandemic, poor or not. We might as well follow Andrew Yang's advice of giving everybody $1000 a month and see how long we last before we go bankrupt. It's obvious, you want that money and that's fine but why try to rationalize it?
I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to. Thank you for enlightening me on the rules here.

Not useless. What do you what to do, Close GITMO and transfer the detainees to the USA or some other Country so they can lawyer up and be set free? I believe you know what would happen next.
So, @truckdriver, enlighten me. What was the original plan that justified the opening in the first place? In what world is detainment with no actual plan for advancement or disbursement considered civilized.

It is now being handled just as other monumental government mistakes are handled. Doing the right thing would shine too much light on the original mistake so we just keep on doing it with as little fanfare as possible, ignoring the cost.

Why is continuing to support an unrealistic plan designed to facilitate inhumane, sadistic treatment of another human more important than helping American citizens in time of severe need?

So, @truckdriver, enlighten me. What was the original plan that justified the opening in the first place? In what world is detainment with no actual plan for advancement or disbursement considered civilized.

It is now being handled just as other monumental government mistakes are handled. Doing the right thing would shine too much light on the original mistake so we just keep on doing it with as little fanfare as possible, ignoring the cost.

Why is continuing to support an unrealistic plan designed to facilitate inhumane, sadistic treatment of another human more important than helping American citizens in time of severe need?
The problem is this would be a political discussion which is not allowed. And you can easily google this information, as to why it remains open. Without becoming political, I will say that certain things happen, and certain prisoners are kept and these things can not be done and these prisoners can not be kept on US soil.

What any of this has to do with the stimulus is beyond me.

Back to the stimulus.

Wife wants to renovate one bathroom. A walk in tub, sink, cabinets, mirrors, repainting, in other words. The whole works.

I don't think the cost will be covered by whatever the final amount will be. But that doesn't matter. That might sound like a luxury but age plays a role in decision making.

Then there is the fact that all that is needed will do as the stimulus is intended do.

Back to the stimulus.

Wife wants to renovate one bathroom. A walk in tub, sink, cabinets, mirrors, repainting, in other words. The whole works.

I don't think the cost will be covered by whatever the final amount will be. But that doesn't matter. That might sound like a luxury but age plays a role in decision making.

Then there is the fact that all that is needed will do as the stimulus is intended do.
We put a walk in shower in our last house, I assume you meant walk in shower. My advice get the shower with a one or two inch lip, if you really don’t need a roll in with no lip. I though I needed the roll in at the time and got that. Wished I had not.

I think we could have transferred me from the wheelchair to a shower chair with no issues with a small lip. With the roll in shower you end up with water all over the bathroom floor which is a slip hazard for anyone not in a wheelchair. If you get the roll end, I would suggest making the bathroom a wet room as well.

Also our hand held shower line was too short, so make sure you get a long one. If you have dogs, it’s easy to shower them as well. 🤣

We put a walk in shower in our last house, I assume you meant walk in shower. My advice get the shower with a one or two inch lip, if you really don’t need a roll in with no lip. I though I needed the roll in at the time and got that. Wished I had not.

I think we could have transferred me from the wheelchair to a shower chair with no issues with a small lip. With the roll in shower you end up with water all over the bathroom floor which is a slip hazard for anyone not in a wheelchair. If you get the roll end, I would suggest making the bathroom a wet room as well.

Also our hand held shower line was too short, so make sure you get a long one. If you have dogs, it’s easy to shower them as well. 🤣
Thank you for the recommendations. :love:

Back