A-2 Milk

rgp

Has been advertised lately as a milk that is better on the ol' digestive system. Anyone tried it yet ? And if ya have , do ya noticed any difference in your gut ?

Last edited:
Heard of it, but don't really care to try it myself... Is what you are buying coming from cows?

A2 milk is a variety of cows' milk that mostly lacks a form of β-casein proteins called A1, and instead has mostly the A2 form.[1] Cows' milk like this was brought to market by The a2 Milk Company and is sold mostly in Australia, New Zealand, China, the United States, and the United Kingdom.[2]

Non-cow milk, including that of humans, sheep, goats, donkeys, yaks, camels, buffalo, and others, also contain mostly A2 β-casein, and so the term "A2 milk" is also used in that context.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2_milk

Last edited:
Let me guess. A-2 milk is a wonder food. You take one sip, and live to be 108 years old. Take a big gulp and it totally eradicated disease from the planet, and gives me a shiny coat, and aids in cud chewing. And, it only costs twice what regular milk goes for. Why is it there's always a new "health" food fad? We even have 'health' water. I hate to state the obvious, but most humans are not baby cows. So cow's milk which has been adapted by nature over millions of year to nurture cows, may not be suitable for all humans.
BTW I hate milk. They couldn't get me to drink it when I was an infant, ain't gonna drink it today. That's my completely unbiased opinion.

My digestive system works just fine with plain old whole milk. If fresh from the farm was available, I would prefer that but I'm fine with what comes from the market, just make it fresh and cold.

I never questioned your digestive system ... I merely posed a question about a new product.

I no longer drink milk and my first reason for stopping it was lactose intolerance--gave me horrible pains! Now I drink soymilk--I am quite used to it and have no bad side effects from it. I switch off, too, and have almond milk at times, too, but don't like it as much as I do the soymilk. It's a no for me on the A2 whatever it is. :D ;)

My digestive system works just fine with plain old whole milk. If fresh from the farm was available, I would prefer that but I'm fine with what comes from the market, just make it fresh and cold.
I've never liked milk, even as a kid.

But ice-cold farm-fresh milk is delicious. I've visited dairies, and the fresh stuff (just like fresh eggs) is way different that what you'll pull off the shelf at the grocery store.

Let me guess. A-2 milk is a wonder food. You take one sip, and live to be 108 years old. Take a big gulp and it totally eradicated disease from the planet, and gives me a shiny coat, and aids in cud chewing. And, it only costs twice what regular milk goes for. Why is it there's always a new "health" food fad? We even have 'health' water. I hate to state the obvious, but most humans are not baby cows. So cow's milk which has been adapted by nature over millions of year to nurture cows, may not be suitable for all humans.
BTW I hate milk. They couldn't get me to drink it when I was an infant, ain't gonna drink it today. That's my completely unbiased opinion.
I just commented that I've never liked milk except for the rare dairy-fresh stuff (not sure what my infancy preferences were.)

But you gotta wonder why humans continue to drink it after we are weaned. I'm not certain any other critter does.

That's not milk! Almonds don't lactate. Call it chemical added almond water.
Crazy, isn't it?

I guess you know that some dairy association sued to have the word "milk" removed, and they lost.
"It's not milk, but all marketing is B.S."

Remember when Pringles was sued for calling themselves "chips" and Pringles prevailed?
"They're not chips, but all marketing is B.S."

Words have had meaning.

I did notice some brands changed to something like "Almond Breeze" or "Almond Silk". Then they make up a new word-"almondmilk".

Soy "milk" is just a by product of making tofu and the high levels of estrogen are considered by some to be dangerous for post-menopausal women.

https://empoweredsustenance.com/avoid-soy-milk/
Yup. People need to be careful. Just because it's for sale don't mean you (or really anyone else) should consume it. Didn't you make that comment on orange juice and it's high sugar/diminished nutrient content? There's no need to remove stuff from their source like that.

Regarding the "milk" names: like all lawsuits, that one was a sign of success. No one minds the term "Coconut Milk," but once those other cartons started showing up next to real milk, and then started encroaching on their shelf space, lawyers were dispatched. Suddenly we were "being misled." Yeh.

Back