A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarciKS...Owwweeee!!!!! You might as well have broken them. Doubt that could hurt anymore than it already does😢

Have no words of wisdom on making the coughing or the ribs any better....BUT....
I have a lot of prayers, and they are going from
my lips to God’s ear that you start healing and feeling better soon! 💕🙏

MarciKS...Owwweeee!!!!! You might as well have broken them. Doubt that could hurt anymore than it already does😢

Have no words of wisdom on making the coughing or the ribs any better....BUT....
I have a lot of prayers, and they are going from
my lips to God’s ear that you start healing and feeling better soon! 💕🙏
Thank you!! I was gonna stay and visit but i'm fadin away. may have to go sleep again for a bit.

morning pam :)

it's quarter till 6 AM & i got awakened by a coughing fit that i swear was trying to kill me. trying to cough gently with broken ribs is terrible. i looked it up. apparently fractured is the same thing as broken. :cry: i thought it just meant cracked. i was in growling agony for about 10 min. so i'm awake once again. :(

How's things going since retirement?
let's see, trying to find things to do is an obstacle with cold temperatures and snow on the ground. One good thing, I was operating without teeth for six months until I got the idea to put in the upper denture plate with the idea to hold a snorkel in mouth. It worked, now I can snorkel at Y pool in preparation for scuba certification.

I'm getting much needed rest, otherwise would have been ignored. I'm looking for work, but not completely dedicated in doing so.

What surprises me most are the people who care about me. I don't think about impressing anyone for social gain, so it is surprising when people like me.

let's see, trying to find things to do is an obstacle with cold temperatures and snow on the ground. One good thing, I was operating without teeth for six months until I got the idea to put in the upper denture plate with the idea to hold a snorkel in mouth. It worked, now I can snorkel at Y pool in preparation for scuba certification.

I'm getting much needed rest, otherwise would have been ignored. I'm looking for work, but not completely dedicated in doing so.

What surprises me most are the people who care about me. I don't think about impressing anyone for social gain, so it is surprising when people like me.
Glad things are going well.

actually got some rest now. neighbor lady is going to town slamming stuff around over there. geez! hoping she settles down soon. as long as i've lived here she has always been so noisy.

it's 70° and breezy today.

morning pam :)

it's quarter till 6 AM & i got awakened by a coughing fit that i swear was trying to kill me. trying to cough gently with broken ribs is terrible. i looked it up. apparently fractured is the same thing as broken. :cry: i thought it just meant cracked. i was in growling agony for about 10 min. so i'm awake once again. :(
So sorry to hear you are dealing with such agony. I sincerely hope things settle down a bit so you can get some rest.

They're not broken they're fractured. And yes you can get pneumonia and your lung can collapse so I been taking deep breaths every so often as best I can. I have several devices to help with breathing. :)

I suppose it’s one of those things you get after surgery. Did you get one of those?

You mean the back stabilizer?
Fractured and broken are synonymous, Marci. And you also risk puncturing a lung if you do not get adequate rest an let them heal. Driving is a no-no. Get your pharmacy to deliver your meds. And do try to deep breathe even though it hurts.

Fractured and broken are synonymous, Marci. And you also risk puncturing a lung if you do not get adequate rest an let them heal. Driving is a no-no. Get your pharmacy to deliver your meds. And do try to deep breathe even though it hurts.
I've been doing deep breathing. I drive with my other hand mostly. Wearing a back stabilizer to help keep things from shifting. I go back to work Thurs but I can get help with the heavy stuff. The stabilizer is helping me get some rest. I can also get a collapsed lung so I'm being super careful. Thanks for your concern. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back