A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
178544365_2973172506300748_5975257981489989395_n.jpg
Morning. I'm the fry cook today then I'm off tomorrow thank God. Here in the next few weeks they'll be bringing in a company to clean the carpets and replacing both of our soda fountains. I figure that will be the ideal time to work on getting the soda pop out of my diet altogether. Once I get that accomplished I'm gonna work on knocking out some more of the sugar from it. Then I'll go after the bread. Once my rib feels better I'm gonna go back to walking on the treadmill at work.

I might as well find things to do because I think I'm gonna be spending less time online. In the beginning it was fine due to the pandemic but it doesn't seem to be helping me much emotionally anymore. I think I'd rather find some other things to do. I got a whole slew of books I've been ignoring for the past year. I have my video games. I know I have crosswords around here somewhere. Just gotta find them.

Anyway...have a good day.

View attachment 162223
Morning. I'm the fry cook today then I'm off tomorrow thank God. Here in the next few weeks they'll be bringing in a company to clean the carpets and replacing both of our soda fountains. I figure that will be the ideal time to work on getting the soda pop out of my diet altogether. Once I get that accomplished I'm gonna work on knocking out some more of the sugar from it. Then I'll go after the bread. Once my rib feels better I'm gonna go back to walking on the treadmill at work.

I might as well find things to do because I think I'm gonna be spending less time online. In the beginning it was fine due to the pandemic but it doesn't seem to be helping me much emotionally anymore. I think I'd rather find some other things to do. I got a whole slew of books I've been ignoring for the past year. I have my video games. I know I have crosswords around here somewhere. Just gotta find them.

Anyway...have a good day.
I am trying to work on my health as well. I watch a few channels on YouTube that have really helped me a lot. Sugar has been my downfall too many times. I don't drink soda anymore unless I don't have any choice and have to have a drink. But at home I drink ice tea, water or seltzer (unflavored, I like the clean taste). Good luck with that, I am pulling for you. Please keep us informed on how you are doing (I will miss you).

I am trying to work on my health as well. I watch a few channels on YouTube that have really helped me a lot. Sugar has been my downfall too many times. I don't drink soda anymore unless I don't have any choice and have to have a drink. But at home I drink ice tea, water or seltzer (unflavored, I like the clean taste). Good luck with that, I am pulling for you. Please keep us informed on how you are doing (I will miss you).
I hafta get away from the carbonation cuz it's wrecking my bone health and it's messing with my lungs. Since I've cut back on it I haven't needed as much albuterol. I will miss you too. But I think it's best I spend less time on here. Today I'll be on cuz I'm off and I don't feel like doing anything. My body needs a break.

It's supposed to get warm here today. I'm on the last few days of my narcos again then I'll see if I can manage to get by without them again. Hopefully that will go ok. I'm sick of taking pills already. I'm in less pain at least so that's a good thing. We have a lot of people calling in sick right now. Not sure what's going on. The lady that does the schedule had to redo the whole thing because of it. So I half expect the grill to be closed again this coming week. Ever since I started there the place has been a 🤬show. It got worse when both original bosses left.

This manager we have now...he sucks. He has zero people skills and he's a jerk. Here lately most of the staff doesn't say much anymore. He gets a lot of dirty looks. LOL! I get told about some of the stuff he says to them and he's never spoken to me that way so I'm not sure if he just hasn't gotten around to it or if he's joking and they're misunderstanding or if maybe he likes me and not them...wth knows. I can't figure people out anymore. One minute they like you then next they're being 🤬 to you.

I don't have the energy or time to try to figure it out. Nor the interest. If I worried about every little thing they get worked up over I'd get nothing accomplished. I thought I was gonna hafta work the full weekend but yesterday one of the other cooks said she may be working Sun. I won't know till I get the new schedule tomorrow. Some day I hope to never have to clock in again and my life will become my own. I tire of living it for someone else.

I'm fixing dinner and trying to decide what to do with the remainder of the day.

Ima gettin sleepy. LOL! That's one thing I hate about getting older....when you're down with an illness or injury you're lucky to be able to garner enough energy to stay awake. I just want to fall alseep in the middle of that movie I wanna watch. Or I'm too tired to read once the book is open and in front of me.

I'm having Suddenly Salad tonight. The bacon and ranch flavored one. It's the only one I like. I got a couple candy bars for dessert.

I have to boil out the fryers and put new grease in tomorrow so I'm gonna ask Joe to help me at work. He's such a nice boy. He helps without complaint. Wish we could keep him. We're gonna be losing more soon. One lady may be leaving if her farm land works out. I don't want her position full time. I'd rather be homeless. :)

Another gal they fought so hard to keep is trying to land two other jobs so she can quit. She will probably leave us high and dry. Everybody is a victim at work and nobody is ever happy and they make everyone else miserable. Sheesh.

having my last cup of narcotic laced coffee for the evening. they're not coated so i have trouble swallowing them so i crush them and lace my drink with them. LOL!

supposed to be 81° tomorrow. i don't think they turned the a/c on at work yet. hopefully soon.

Everyone and their virus theories. It's a never ending thing. I doubt we'll ever know the truth. I think we're gonna spend our lives left in the dark just like we are with everything else.

It's getting quieter here every day. Can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

Well...night folks.

I miss the fun days where we just insulted each other and moved on. LMAO!

Now we're scrappin and fightin and nitpickin and name callin and bein mean and nasty and hateful. Normally I would enjoy that but I like to come here to relax. Now I gotta take my anger that's reserved for telemarketers and waste it on virtual blow ups. LOL!

Today went well. I wasn't in near as much pain. Only had to ice my rib once at work. I will again here in a bit. Pinched nerve in my hip has improved a small amount. We had our first confirmed case of a variant of Covid today although I don't know which variant. So I imagine once this gets circulating hot and heavy again we'll be back in a bind again in a month or so. Probably see more of the morgue guy this time. Since only 38% have been vaccinated here. *Shrugs* What can ya do?

After more than 30 yrs in food service and with more Covid to come I've decided to start looking at getting remote work I can do from home so I can get the hell outta there. I'm older. I'm tired and I'm not sure my body is gonna make it to retirement. So I need to start working on an online resume of some kind. I'm to the point I'm just sick of having to be around people all day long. After those 6 wks at home even though I was bored cuz I couldn't work I actually liked not having to go in to work. We'll see what happens.

Good news. Pain exaggerates every other negative feeling in your body. As much as they recommend ice packs, I never feel better using them. For me a microwaved heated bag soothes me.
Some of the injuries need to be iced. The rib does better with the ice. It brings the swelling down. And yes being in pain tends to make me a little more snarly than usual. The further into the day the worse it gets. LOL!

Each day has been a little better so I think if I continue to be careful I'll be ok. Good to see you Jules.

I have a couple of friends who work from home. One has done it for years being a medical transcriptionist and makes very good money. She actually works for a big hospital with all the benefits. The other one is a manager in customer service and she sometimes has to go in to her office but mostly is at home. Her department sets up appointments for people getting their electric hooked up. She seems to like it. Probably a good thing to start exploring.

I work with some folks who are super nice and very helpful. Our lead CW helped me with a lot of stuff today without me even asking. Those are the kind of coworkers to have. They anticipate the need and jump in without even a word. I thanked him profusely.

The day went nicely. Not in as much pain this evening. I'm down to 3 ice packs a day. I'm icing both front and back this evening. As I heal the pain changes and moves around. Oddly enough.
Tomorrow is my last day of narcotics and I'm gonna try to not ask for anymore. We'll see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back