A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarciKS

Tired of being treated like crap here.
Each day we are blessed with a new day. Today I had no plans to return here this soon. But I have decided that I no longer want to allow people to control my life with their proclivities. We are all who we are. And one person should not be given the power to destroy the world for another. I'm sick of letting people hurt me just because they can. Today is a new day. The thing that took me down is now a thing of the past. I refuse to dwell on it or even think about it anymore. What's done is done.

And on that note...we are seeing a decrease in COVID numbers where I live. However I'm not certain how long that will last. With some states opening up & dropping mask mandates on top of that new African strain that's supposed to be in the US by April if it's not already...I just don't think we are gonna do well with this. I hope that millions more won't lose their lives to this virus.

Landlord came today. I think he might have actually got the faucet in the tub fixed. 😲

It was 72F today. Might get some rain overnight.

We have some new employees at work again. I had to train one yesterday. Not my favorite thing to do but the supervisors seem to prefer I do it.

I got off one of my anxiety meds cuz it was making matters worse I think. I've been feeling better since.

My brother had an incident the other night and had to spend 7 days in a psyche ward. His anxiety is way worse than mine & he had some sort of meltdown. Part of which was caused by the COVID he had. He wasn't sleeping either & the dr. never dealt with it. Because of the virus they have to stay 7 days and get a court order to get out. Poor kid was scared to death. This is a trying time for everyone. I think it's important that we try to be better to one another. There's enough hate & scamming going on in this world without everyone else joining in.

R326988451180c4a9731bf06e35b7f5e1.jpg

Absolutely! Ignore the snarky comments. Don't let anyone make you feel inferior.
Your voice matters, your opinions matter.

Sorry about your brother. Anxiety is an awful thing to deal with.
I have anxiety issues thankfully not often.
Well the dr. had him on 3 medications which is part of it. They did say that they are finding that people with anxiety issues are having problems after having COVID so that makes a difference.

So I've purchased 2 Nintendo Switches in the past few months. I was going to go for the natural island look of my island on Animal Crossing but...I sorta strayed from it. LOL! The other Switch is housing a spooky/goth island in the works. I've come up with some ideas to make it extra creepy. *Grins*

I've been keeping busy with those. Since I accidentally strayed from my original plans for the 1st island I've decided to go with a cute theme. My only wish is that they would give a person more storage space. LOL

:coffee: Good morning.

It's supposed to get to 61F today. The air quality has been hangin out in the 40s so breathing has been tricky. I think my $175 breathing machine is fixin to quit me. I won't buy another one of these for sure. I can buy them on Amazon for $80. I'll just plan on keeping a backup in the closet I guess.

Because of lent things are gonna be fishy at work until Easter. :LOL:
The COVID numbers have come down enough that they're going to start letting more visitors in now. They get screened at the entrance. All employees...vendors & other workers have to screen at a kiosk that takes our temp & asks us questions. Sometimes the kiosks don't wanna work. Those are fun times. :rolleyes:

Have a great day all!

Ok so something is afoot with the payment thing on the cable website. So this month I will mail them their bill. I'm looking at stamps because if I keep having problems I'll go back to snail mailing my bills. I can always call in pmts if need be in bad weather. I had 2 techs & neither could help me. Apparently the 2nd one said the payment processor was updating. *Shrugs*

Some days I could take or leave this internet stuff.

Morning everyone. :coffee:

I'm working this weekend but wanted to pop in & say hi. It's supposed to get to 70° today. I hope this early warm weather doesn't mean we're gonna have a hellishly hot summer this year. Kansas is good about having extreme weather conditions. It's a drag.

Have a good day all!

Morning everyone. :coffee:

I'm working this weekend but wanted to pop in & say hi. It's supposed to get to 70° today. I hope this early warm weather doesn't mean we're gonna have a hellishly hot summer this year. Kansas is good about having extreme weather conditions. It's a drag.

Have a good day all!
Same here in Houston. Not looking forward to the electric bills this summer.

I was gonna go to bed earlier. I've not been sleeping well because my COPD has been so bad & I been coughing so hard that last night I fractured a couple ribs. Took myself to the ER. Apparently this isn't the first time I've fractured them. He said he saw some old ones. I'm waiting for the morphine to kick in. I have to pick up some hydrocodone tomorrow and some more lidocaine patches. I'm off till Thurs.

So because of this I won't be able to have my vacation days in April cuz this will eat up the last of my earned time off. :(

I think what irritated me the most was I work there and they kept asking me if I fell even when I told them it was cuz I had been coughing so hard for like a week & that I had COPD. They said so there was no fall? Like I was some crazy old bat. The other thing that annoyed me was the little gal that has to come in and get that frickin copay in the middle of everything. Everybody's looking up my damn gown to stick sensors on me and see where my pain is and there she is wanting money. I wanted to look at her and ask if this couldn't frickin wait till they were done instead of in the middle of me being half frickin naked & in so much pain I couldn't hardly sign my damn name. But those are the procedures. *RME*

I was gonna go to bed earlier. I've not been sleeping well because my COPD has been so bad & I been coughing so hard that last night I fractured a couple ribs. Took myself to the ER. Apparently this isn't the first time I've fractured them. He said he saw some old ones. I'm waiting for the morphine to kick in. I have to pick up some hydrocodone tomorrow and some more lidocaine patches. I'm off till Thurs.

So because of this I won't be able to have my vacation days in April cuz this will eat up the last of my earned time off. :(
I am curious as to which ribs you cracked. I can’t imagine coughing so hard you would fracture ribs. I was born without my last rib on both sides of my chest, which is why I am curious, I guess, about ribs. 😂

Hope you feel better. Welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back