A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this has been fun but it's time for me to go play video games. See ya tomorrow.

Sloth... :sneaky:

Incidentally Marci..don't feel bad about not tipping the grocery driver.. here in the UK not only do we not tip them, we're actually not permitted to tip them..., so just pretend you live in the UK :LOL:
Gazooks, I still tip them, I'd better head for the hills before I'm chucked into the 'clink'. :)

I'm now informed, Holly, but I doubt that I'll change my ways. I see the lights go on in their eyes when I pass them a few bob and say, "Here's the price of a pint." :)
don't get me wrong , I'm not having a pop at you, if you wish to encourage them to break the rules of their contract fair enough ..but those drivers earn a decent wage, and part of their contract states they must not accept tips.... in fact by doing so it's tantamount to stealing...

don't get me wrong , I'm not having a pop at you, if you wish to encourage them to break the rules of their contract fair enough ..but those drivers earn a decent wage, and part of their contract states they must not accept tips.... in fact by doing so it's tantamount to stealing...
I have long believed that delivery people were on meagre wages and relied on folk for tips. I recently had a delivery of a very, very heavy object, the driver could have left it at my gate, but he struggled and sweated to put it exactly where I wanted it, for me a thank you was not enough, I dropped him 'a few bob', and glad to do so. Against the law or not, if one of these people really 'help' me, then I'll always give them my idea of a thank you. Give us a smile ,Holly. :)

I have long believed that delivery people were on meagre wages and relied on folk for tips. I recently had a delivery of a very, very heavy object, the driver could have left it at my gate, but he struggled and sweated to put it exactly where I wanted it, for me a thank you was not enough, I dropped him 'a few bob', and glad to do so. Against the law or not, if one of these people really 'help' me, then I'll always give them my idea of a thank you. Give us a smile ,Holly. :)
I'm only talking about supermarket delivery drivers.. not amazon or any contract drivers...:sneaky:

I'm only talking about supermarket delivery drivers.. not amazon or any contract drivers...:sneaky:
Come to think of it, yes, supermarket drivers have refused tips off me, but, when I get them in an arm lock or a head lock, they usually submit and take my tip. :)
Another thought, I may adopt Tommy Cooper's tactic, give them a tea bag and say,"Have a drink on me."

Come to think of it, yes, supermarket drivers have refused tips off me, but, when I get them in an arm lock or a head lock, they usually submit and take my tip. :)
Another thought, I may adopt Tommy Cooper's tactic, give them a tea bag and say,"Have a drink on me."
You are a card.

Pretty sure I didn't sleep. I think I just laid there. I even had some CBD oil and Sleepytime Tea. Now I gotta go in all tired and try to do the work of someone that's awake. Hate that.

One of my game consoles won't connect to the internet. Everything else does but that. I've tried everything and can't get it to work. If it happens to the other one they're going in the garbage and I'll never buy another Nintendo product again. I would try changing out the SD cards but I don't know what that will do to the games I have on the Lite. Makes me mad. I'm waiting to hear back from Nintendo but I doubt they'll be able to help me. They'll just repeat the same crap I already did. *Sighs*

Some days I wish I could just throw the covers over my head and not get up.

3 years ago my cousin who has COPD and Osteoporosis fractured 2 ribs from coughing.
Many researchers here in the USA have demonstrated that 90 seconds of isometrics halt bone loss and even restores quite a bit that has been lost. One does the exercises twice the first two weeks then once a week for a month to six weeks. Then once or twice a month from then on. They work for me. They also increase ones strength tremendously by increasing neuromuscular efficiency not by increasing muscle size. Isometrics have always been my way of being a lot stronger than I look, out of proportion to my size and weight. They work very well but we Americans are a very faddish people.

Many researchers here in the USA have demonstrated that 90 seconds of isometrics halt bone loss and even restores quite a bit that has been lost. One does the exercises twice the first two weeks then once a week for a month to six weeks. Then once or twice a month from then on. They work for me. They also increase ones strength tremendously by increasing neuromuscular efficiency not by increasing muscle size. Isometrics have always been my way of being a lot stronger than I look, out of proportion to my size and weight. They work very well but we Americans are a very faddish people.
I was also told many years ago, that resistance training is great for preventing and helping with bone loss.

trying to fix my gaming console woes. gonna see if i can redownload my games onto my other switch.

Hospital question for you. When I watch Bob Loves Abishola, they always have plastic cutlery when they eat in the hospital cafeteria. Is the norm now? Do patients get real cutlery?

Hospital question for you. When I watch Bob Loves Abishola, they always have plastic cutlery when they eat in the hospital cafeteria. Is the norm now? Do patients get real cutlery?
I'm sure the reason you're seeing plastic in the program cafeteria is likely because it's a movie set. The actors sometimes have to eat for real for scenes. As a general rule most hospitals offer both silverware and plastic to cafeterias and patients. Plastic isn't cost effective all the time.

Also if the dish machine breaks down sometimes it takes several hrs to repair so then they would go to paper service which includes plastic silverware. Some patients that are in isolation or a hospital psyche unit sometimes have to receive paper service. Hope that answers your question. :)

Right now with the whole COVID thing we are still using plastic silverware and to go containers for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back