A thought experiment for those who do not believe some or most of what we have been told about Covid 19.

It appears that many people think they don't need to wear a mask outdoors! This is so frustrating!
We don’t generally wear a mask outdoors and neither does anyone else except for students walking together and that’s only a very few of them at best.

While out walking nobody wears a mask on the paths we walk on so we step off the path to let others through.

If I lived in the city though, I would wear a mask everywhere since there are so many people.

I’ve been out shopping with people wearing masks only over their mouths or hanging down around their chin. They wear one to the store only since it’s mandatory , then once in, take it off.
I never say a word to them about it. I simply avoid them.

Whenever someone comes to our house, either indoors or out, we wear a mask. Well at least I do. Professionals coming to the house do. Others, not so much. I’m so glad we are moving. It’s a crazy time to move but we’re ok with all the rules and restrictions and will follow all of them to a T.

I see lots of people wearing masks outdoors. I have trouble breathing with the mask on, especially when walking uphill. So, if no one is in sight, I generally lower the mask so I can breathe, but leave it around my neck so I can easily lift it up if I see someone coming. Probably all this is unnecessary since I have received both vaccine shots, but it probably makes anyone coming within hollering distance more comfortable. Obviously, they don't know whether I've received the vaccine or not. (Though most people who live here have gotten both shots by now).

I don't think I am putting myself or anyone else at risk by lowering the mask when walking outdoors alone. When walking with a friend, we usually put the masks up, just to reassure other people.

I just came back to clarify that. @asp3, I like you! ...May not make a hill of beans of a difference to you, but I do and generally enjoy threads in which we're both involved.

My negative reaction wouldn't be as strong without @SetWave 's "orange slime, flat earth business. It implies that those of us who are skeptical of the mainstream media are blind Trump supporters and I personally loath Trump ...but I'm not a fan of mainstream media on the whole. Sometimes I find something great in the most liberal publications. I also generally dislike Fox News for whatever that's worth. In all that, I think I'm disappointed that @SetWave 's immature political post that hit me personally went unchallenged.

Thank you for framing your reactions. I see them in a different light now.

Back