A town called Uretha?

Victor

So I called a tourist center in Missouri and asked about
nearby mountainous areas. She says Uretha Springs.
I say, that can't be.
Yes, it is.
You have a mountain named after a part of the body?
She repeated it 2 more times. Turned out she meant Eureka Springs.

True.

Ain't it fun to get older and enjoy the deterioration of our hearing? I had an interesting conversation with a Millennial last week on Wednesday. I called the restaurant to ask what the daily special was and she said is was half-price Tuesday. S I said is the Tuesday menu half-priced? She said, no it was not. She repeated that is was half-priced Tuesday. So I picked an item from the Tuesday menu and asked is it was half-priced. Answer, no it was not, it was half-priced Tuesday. After participating in this merry-go-round, I finally understood that she had been saying it was half-prices SUSHI!

Well, I don't know if I can top "Uretha," but, years ago I remember reading about a guy named Dan Druff. And, yes, he was a hair stylist.
And there was that dentist whose real name was Dr. Pain...

So I called a tourist center in Missouri and asked about
nearby mountainous areas. She says Uretha Springs.
I say, that can't be.
Yes, it is.
You have a mountain named after a part of the body?
She repeated it 2 more times. Turned out she meant Eureka Springs.

True.
What about "Intercourse and Blue Ball, Pa?"

Britain has some wonderful place names, many of which date back many centuries.
Matching Tye, Twitty Fee, Blubberhouses, Wallish Walls, Wookey Hole, Wideopen and not forgetting Wiggenhall St. Mary the virgin. Both Orkney and Shetland have places called Twatt and in S.England be careful how you pronounce Fulking. Cumbria has a mountain called Great Cockup.

We had a town in New York named Timbuctoo that was settled by African-Americans but the harsh climate and poverty made life so difficult that it eventually failed.

https://www.adirondack.net/history/timbuctoo/
dreamsoftimbuctoo-hdr.jpg

There was a Seinfeld episode where Jerry was dating a woman but did not recall her name. All he knew it rhymed with a female body part. He guessed "Mulva". Wrong, it was Delores.

Well, I spent a day in Eureka Springs. Very touristy scenic town near the Missouri border.
Many places to eat and hotels, rock shops.

If you like funny personal names, see John Train's Most Remarkable Names. Verified real names like Icolo Piccolo, Concerto Macaroni.

I've always wondered what would happen to you in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico if you lied?

If you're into healthy eating, you can use your American Fork (Utah) to eat Forks of Salmon (California) with a side order of Forks of Ivy (North Carolina). You could wash it down with Hot Coffee (Mississippi), unless you're at Mormon Bar (California); in that case, you'd have to Chugwater (Wyoming).

Back