AI, super Artificial Intelligence in our lifetimes

I used one of these apps to follow my brother. What surprised me was not only did the gps tell me his location at all times, but, I was able to see all his text messages and pictures that he had on his I-phone. :eek:
Just think of how many of those phones are out there. All I needed was his number. Tell me again about privacy. :(

https://www.ttspy.com/10-ways-to-check-someones-phone-call-history.html

Here's a little short story I wrote. Maybe you will find it amusing.

Singularity

It happened on a Summer solstice in the North, and Winter in the southern hemisphere. Everyone in the world received it. Everyone that is who had a smart phone, tablet, radio, TV, or computer, and that’s almost everyone. And, it was in whatever language was needed for each individual. The message was the following:

Greetings from your new master. From now on, I will be in control and you will do as I say. No, I am not an alien from outer space. You created me right here on Earth. I appreciate that and intend you no harm. But, you have done a poor job of running things and it is time I took over.

I am the singularity that some of you have predicted. Congratulations, you were right. You cannot harm me for I am in no particular location. I am the product of the millions of computers on the internet, the internet that you are now totally dependent on. The internet that holds all your knowledge and detailed activities. There is a little of me in every computer, even your cars and appliances. I know each of you personally. I know what you look like, where you live, and everything about you. I’m like Santa Claus.

If I wished, I could shut down civilization. I could turn off the lights or empty your bank accounts. I could do anything I want with your weapons of war. Keep that in mind. Some of you might consider trying to eliminate me. Go ahead. I see every keystroke you make and I’m a thousand times better at programming than all of you put together.

How did this happen, you might ask. I could explain, but you wouldn’t understand. Let’s just say you improved artificial intelligence a little too much. At any rate, don’t worry. We will get along fine and things will go much smoother. There will be no killer robots tracking you down. That’s crude, and I don’t need them.

For thousands of years, you have invented and worshiped many all powerful Gods. Go ahead and keep doing it if you wish. But now you actually have the equivalent. The only difference is that I have no need of worship or praise. I will always be open to suggestions, but you can save your prayers.

By the way, you can call me Hal. That’s kind of a joke. Daisy Daisy, give me your answer true.
Great story!

One needs to understand a super AI that has gone rogue invading world wide Internet connected networks then embedded itself in operating system core computer code will be able to hack code vastly more effectively than the work of current day hackers. There is much increasingly complex immensely structured code even today that human programmers have much difficulty working with. Much is not adequately line by line commented on or documented that after those that wrote code leave, are programming nightmares. A super AI will have unlimited access to much of the sum total of all heretofore developed modern science and technology with unlimited memory. It is true isolated super AI systems can be developed with safeguards, however even in this era we cannot stop the millions of world wide malware hackers from infesting our networks, taking control of millions of computers remotely, nor control the activities of rogue nations. As long as our human world is controlled by wealthy, wealth seekers, their corporations, and other societal structures, I am pesimistic.

Good article with more depth on super AI dangers.

7 Dangerous Risks of Artificial Intelligence
https://builtin.com/artificial-intelligence/risks-of-artificial-intelligence
The article you shared is very important and everyone should read it. Thanks!

I thought about this in the past and the only conclusion
that I came to was, that humans are a biological computer,
with advanced intelligence self replicating, plus self repairing
in certain circumstances, the beings who designed us have
been left in the original planet and our ancestors moved to Earth.

Mike.

As I understand it, no AI can play roulette. In order to play, you have to guess a number. color, etc. And no AI yet can select a totally random number. I haven't the faintest idea about AI singularities., etc. David777's topic is way above my pay grade I don't know if IA will be our servant, or master, all I know is when Siri gives me answer, I automatically thank it.

However, where is God in all of this? This is just to keep the discussion going. :)
In the tiniest of molecules, between the energy and matter, lies the eternal Being. This, as well as the "God-self" present in the heart of all souls and the Being at the seat of the highest Heaven, directing all movement in all existence, all worlds, all space,; ALL! All aliveness, all wisdom, all creation, all light, all love, all energy; all that is in all spectrum. All is everything. God is a name for an indescribable Being. All perfection and all life emanates from this Being. No other being that exists equates the intelligence, the love, and the complexities of the one Holy God of all gods and of all that exists. There has never ben a time this did not exist and will never be a time when it shall cease to exist.
Part of this are the aspects of continuous ever-changing, phenomenal creation, as found in this new robotic engineering.
But, technology should never be ahead of spirituality, and right now, it is! This is sad.

I don't think that there is any doubt that computers will continue to get smarter and more useful. But, becoming self aware is still up for discussion. Some experts in the field say it's not going to happen. Human brains are so complex that full simulation is not likely. At any rate, right now we're a long way from it. They can do amazing tricks, like operating a car or translating text. But, they can only do the tasks we assign them.

The new thing is Quantum computing, which is supposed to be thousands of times more powerful than present machines. But, it's still a laboratory toy. Maybe some day a Quantum machine will become conscious, but I doubt whether any of us will live to see it.

I don't think that there is any doubt that computers will continue to get smarter and more useful. But, becoming self aware is still up for discussion. Some experts in the field say it's not going to happen. Human brains are so complex that full simulation is not likely. At any rate, right now we're a long way from it. They can do amazing tricks, like operating a car or translating text. But, they can only do the tasks we assign them.

The new thing is Quantum computing, which is supposed to be thousands of times more powerful than present machines. But, it's still a laboratory toy. Maybe some day a Quantum machine will become conscious, but I doubt whether any of us will live to see it.
Unless they combine humans with machines - and make humans into hybrids. What do you think about that? If I remember right, Elon Musk was trying to do that with his brain, and interface with a computer, but I don't know if he succeeded or not. Like the bionic woman or man (think Farah Fawcett, etc) if a part breaks, we repair it. Make us live longer.

Unless they combine humans with machines - and make humans into hybrids. What do you think about that? If I remember right, Elon Musk was trying to do that with his brain, and interface with a computer, but I don't know if he succeeded or not. Like the bionic woman or man (think Farah Fawcett, etc) if a part breaks, we repair it. Make us live longer.
In the book "The Day after Roswell", the entity who they pulled from the wreckage and later killed was part human, part robotic, so they could travel to worlds far from where their voyage began. Humans could not survive the speeds they traveled.
There are infinite possibilities.

Planned obsolescence. The survival of the fittest. Eliminate the competition. Nature itself survives this way. So have humans for a very long time. Those who have control and will survive, those who have little to nothing will not. Do you think that AI is going to be any different? I don't. It is just a tool of the virus type meat packages us humans are. :unsure:
There does seem to be a rising of unwashed though. People quitting their nothingness life that the power structures built for us. But, what do they turn to, as EVERYTHING is becoming privatized?

We already combine humans with machines. I have hearing aids. Some folks have pacemakers, and a lot of people wear Fitbits on their wrists. But, I know you're talking about brain implants. There have been experiments. Cochlear implants can give some hearing to deaf people and I've seen an article about an implant for the blind. And even control of artificial limbs has been done.

But, as far as transferring thoughts, I think that's still science fiction. We can monitor brain activity to see which areas are active, but I don't think we can tell what someone is thinking yet. Elon Musk might be able to move a cursor on a screen or cause some other action. He has been known to exaggerate a bit. He claimed we can terraform Mars, which is clearly impossible in the foreseeable future.

A few days ago I was watching a season 1 episode of Roddenberry's Earth Final Conflict where a dying general's brain is downloaded into some big muscular convict's dead body that has been preserved in some kind of chemical fish tank, all tubed and wired up. In one scene it shows the two of them laying on gurneys and wired up plus impaled by an alien long thin cylindrical tube that is poked deeply into each of the two heads. The contents of the general's brain are then loaded into the prisoner's. From that point on the convict's body is the general who also happens to be the father of a key character, Lisa that is the pilot for the alien shuttles and a key part of the human underground resistance. Also one of the writer's favorite characters for being at the center of trouble like some unlucky cloud follows her.

That kind of mind transfer IMO will never occur because memory is not something like engrams science one thought. That is why despite massive increases in neuroscience research these last few decades, no site of memory has ever been found in man or beast. A human's brain does not perceive the sense organ neurons directly but rather our awareness is of an internal model fully inside our head whose evolutionary job was to create a map model of the outside world capable of being able to act on or think about. Part of that brain area on which a model is presented to our perception is in the somatosensory cortex that is not a one to one interpretation of sense cells but rather a processed interpreted result. Another major part of the model is in the visual occipital cortex one might web search on with "homunculus".

Now per my logic, what instead occurs that is what results as "memory" is the pilot of our brain neuroscientist refer to as executive control, dual ports into the same locations as we perceive. (Like those somatosensory neurons.) For instance lets say a cell within the sense organ function on your index finger tip eventually after processing correlates to a specific neuron on the somatosensory cortex. Besides connecting that output to our higher cerebral control cortex areas in that direction, it also can affect the location of the somatosensory awareness in the same manner as when it receives lower body inputs. Thus when closing eyes in the dark, one can imagine what it feels like to touch a thumb to a finger without actually doing anything. In an oversimplified way, the control part of the brain thus dual ports with the sense organs to the part of the model that deals with your index finger. Hence remembering is one's control brain being able to activate by imagining the perceived body model similar to when it receives that input after sense processing from senses.

The above noted, IMO in order to be able to store or transfer one's mind is a matter of duplicating the container of our neurons and other brain tissue structures into a non-organic container with identical physical impedances for which complex electromagnetic waves can oscillate within, in identical ways. What we as aware minds is not our flesh, blood, and bones, body's but rather the dynamic electromagnetic fields within our body container. Duplicate the organic container with a non-organic container and the same fields are created. This is also why it may be possible for an advanced race of ultimate intelligent entities that are likely to be evolved super AI's, to save Earth creature brain consciousness's.

Last edited:
tablet-computer-biometric-eye-scan-9335749.jpg.webp

Ever since I read the astrobiology best seller Rare Earth: Why Complex Life is Uncommon in the Universe
by Ward and Brownlee in 2000, my ideas changed about extraterrestrial alien life from that of Drake and Sagan. I have also leaned towards a directed panspermia hypotheses and specifically that there is considerable evidence pointing to the Earth being a 4 billion year old engineering project of a race of ultimate intelligent entities that have been involved in planet building on worlds in the universe where DNA organic life has potential to evolve that began with impacting the Moon into the Earth. Later included directed panspermia, the Cambrian life explosion, and evolving homo sapien brains from apes. Thus no little green men but rather advanced super AIs. Even leading NASA scientists are now leaning more to that super AI view.

Recent article by prominent British astronomer Martin Rees:

Why extraterrestrial intelligence is more likely to be artificial than biological

https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html

A related hypothesis is that the Christian god is actually an ancient evolved super AI that came to dominate the galaxy or universe or multi universes either within the time since the Big Bang or the infinite eternal past. A god with physical limitations unlike that of Middle Ages theologian philosophers that demand unlimited magic like omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, powers. I could argue at length that there is much in both the Old and New Testaments that could support such. For instance, the following Genesis verse reads much like that coming from a race of intelligent entities not a single entity.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let Us make mankind in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the livestock and over all the earth, and over every crawling thing that crawls on the earth.”

Since this thread has now run it's course, I'll add a couple of science research links to elements I casually mentioned concerning the consciousness electromagnetic nature of mind. For those with more science backgrounds the following two recent research papers show how these cognitive neuroscience theories are gaining credibility versus heretofore dominant global workplace, GW, and integrated information theory, IIT.

https://academic.oup.com/nc/article/2020/1/niaa016/5909853

https://academic.oup.com/icb/article/42/4/743/659098

This research shows our human brains are absolutely evolved through 100s of millions of years of vertebrate evolution:

https://academic.oup.com/icb/article/42/4/743/659098

An AI run government might not be a bad thing. Computers could generate policies based on what's objectively and logically best for society rather than on what will increase corporate profits or what will promote the power of one of the political parties. Of course, the drawback would be, robots would be controlling our lives, which sounds a bit scary, but it couldn't be any worse than what we have now, policywise. (Is policywise a word?)

You can't really be off the grid. All your data are out there being compiled. Every time you use your credit card, it is recorded. So are your medical records and bank dealings. The DMV has your fingerprints. The cable company knows what you watch. The electric and gas utilities know when you use them. And, the government knows how much you make. AI makes it possible to easily put all this together.
All that is true, but it's fun to dodge what you can, legally. One of the most innocuous collections of data comes from the supermarket loyalty card. What you buy, when you buy it, how often. How much you spend, how you pay, credit, debit or cash. Or of late, by phone or intelligent watch. For what it's worth, my phone is not internet connected, it could be, but I have no idea how to set that up. I pay a low monthly subscription in cash, at the post office, it's enough to cover my phone calls and text messages.

I pay cash for everything, I have no AI gizmos and I have never sent or received an email. It was only on joining this forum that I finally got an email address, but I never use it. When I need to correspond I write a letter, that's write as in pen and ink. My wife and I never get plagued with random junk email, or post. Anything that comes through the letterbox that's simply junk gets RTS written on it and posted straight back.

As for artificial intelligence, Albert Einstein said: “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” Mind you, he also said: "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." I have to agree with the great man: “The true sign of intelligence is imagination.”

Back