Air Fryer Experience Wanted

katlupe

SF VIP
I am considering an air fryer to my kitchen. I would like a small one since I cook for usually only one, sometimes two. I want it to be easy to use and easy to clean. I do not know anything about them and when I looked at them on Amazon, they come in various shapes. I do not want it to take up much room because I have to keep it in a cupboard when not in use.

On the Amazon reviews for one of the smallest ones (I think I might go for the next larger size) several people complained about the "weird" smell or smell of plastic when using it. I would not want that.

So my question is if you have one and use it, do you really like it? Do you use it often? What do you cook in it? Is it worth spending more money on the better models or just a cheap one?

I have one, use it occasionally, still learning what it cooks best.

Works good on left over fried foods.

The other forum I go to seems you can buy toaster oven combination that works well.
If I remember you already have toaster oven ?
I would wait on buying one.

Mine sits on the counter because the insta pot is in cupboard.
I've run out of room for more kitchen appliances..

I will wait on buying one, if I buy one at all. I have been cutting down on the amount of cooking I do. For now, the IP and Nuwave oven is good enough.
That's what I decided.

I use a deep frying pan or small pot to deep fry chicken wings or French fries a couple of times a year. It doesn't take too much oil because I can size the pot to the job and reuse the oil.

I have been thinking about buying a small rack or basket to use in my toaster oven with the convection setting so the food can crisp on all sides.

More and more I find myself buying things to satisfy my curiosity and then going back to my old familiar way of doing things.

My daughter told me to buy an air fryer. It is very good. I do French fries in it, for example. The fries come out crispy and golden and there is no grease on them. In restaurants here in Canada we get black, greasy fries that I wouldn't feed to a dog I didn't like. Seems the local restaurants use the same grease to cook the fries for several days. I love my fries and never order fries in restaurants. It is also good for meats. Highly recommended.

We should start a museum of things we bought and never used or used once.
Good one. Ive bought a pro kitchenaid mixer in 2010. Over the few years I used it I bought attachments like icecream maker, shredder/slicer and meat grinder attachement. I used it all for about 3 1/2 years. Then I stopped eating all the stuff one makes with a mixer for it all had sugar or flour in it. Now Ive got about $800 worth of beautiful red enameled and stainless steel contraption on,the counter looking pretty and holding all my spatulas. šŸ˜£ but Im going to give it to my Granddaughter. Maybe on her birthday in May. Im just waiting until Im ready to give it up. I also have a deluxe wide mouth Kuving juicer that is really nice. And I used it solid for a year. But I may start up using this and making my own almond milk soon. Its another 400$ gadget I bought. šŸ˜£

Now I want an air fryer. Ive been looking at a cuisinart and instant pot vortex plus and pro.

First would not pay 400 for one at all, check out the shipping channel, a smaller one under 60 a larger 100, and up to 250, I've had mine for 5 years use for everything did not use my regular oven at all, except for a Turkey, and this year no plans to that.

Start slow with the temperature, you can always increase, burn food goes in the trash

Good one. Ive bought a pro kitchenaid mixer in 2010. Over the few years I used it I bought attachments like icecream maker, shredder/slicer and meat grinder attachement. I used it all for about 3 1/2 years. Then I stopped eating all the stuff one makes with a mixer for it all had sugar or flour in it. Now Ive got about $800 worth of beautiful red enameled and stainless steel contraption on,the counter looking pretty and holding all my spatulas. šŸ˜£ but Im going to give it to my Granddaughter. Maybe on her birthday in May. Im just waiting until Im ready to give it up. I also have a deluxe wide mouth Kuving juicer that is really nice. And I used it solid for a year. But I may start up using this and making my own almond milk soon. Its another 400$ gadget I bought. šŸ˜£

Now I want an air fryer. Ive been looking at a cuisinart and instant pot vortex plus and pro.
I think you will like the air fryer, and enjoy using it.
You can do so much in it.......very tasty.
I'll admit when i first got mine.....it did sit on the counter collecting dust.....but.....once i started using it.....i use it a lot now.

I'll admit when i first got mine.....it did sit on the counter collecting dust.....but.....once i started using it.....i use it a lot now.
It helped learning how to use it, same with the pressure cooker, I remember the horrible ones as a kid. They are a lot better..

It wont sit. Not sure if I made it clear enough. But when I bought my kitchenaid mixer I was going to a course on,cake decorating and I burnt my lightweight mixer out. So I bought one to hold up. Then Over the course of 3 years I worked in the decorating department of a bakery. My second job after quitting corporate world. I loved it and built wedding cakes from 2 layer up to 7 layer. Yes I had to work on a laddet when I built and iced them. It was the most enjoyable job I ever had in my life.

Then my 3rd year in the bakery I bought my juicer. I was getting more sick. So I bought it to juice my way to health. Just to find out almost a year later the juicing was making me more sick. Because my blood sugar was spiking. So I was developing full blown diabetes. Yes, I did eat sweets at the bakery. šŸ˜£ But Ive since reversed it by adjusting my diet.

So thats why I bought those expensive kitchen contraptions.

I use my instant pot several times a month. I think an air fryer would work well in my way of cooking. This way I wont have to heat up my,house with my big oven and I can cut the cooking time.

Back