Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Very strange...
I just asked my husband, who knows a lot about guns, and he said it was impossible.

But I shot a gun once that had a hair trigger that I didn't know about. It felt like I hadn't pulled the trigger, like a vein had pulsed in my finger and the gun shot itself. I was target shooting using a lot of guns (30 or so) a friend had.

So if that gun turned out to have a hair trigger, I can sort of understand that he doesn't know he pulled the trigger -- if only slightly. But when my gun shot, I knew I'd pulled the trigger. There was no other way it could happen. But boy was I mad that the gun owner didn't warn me about the one gun he had with a hair trigger. That was an accident waiting to happen. I guess the guy figured my husband had taught me gun safety rules, which he had, so I wasn't brandishing the gun around.

On GMA this morning George Stephanopolous said that out of the thousands of interviews he's done, the one he recently did with Alec Baldwin was the most intense. The interview was 1 hour and 20 minutes long and will air as a special. I might just check it out.

How did the bullet shoot someone if he didn't pull the trigger? Serious question.
It can't. They were filming a Western movie; that means Single-Action Revolvers. To fire a Single-Action Revolver, first you have to cock it, (pull the hammer back) then pull the trigger: If that's the type of gun Mr. Baldwin was holding, he would have to have fired it that way:

I don't even care. Alec Baldwin has proven that he is despicable human being. Of course he is going to say he didn't shoot the gun. Maybe his daughter will believe it, while he curses at her in a drunken rage.

I just asked my husband, who knows a lot about guns, and he said it was impossible.

But I shot a gun once that had a hair trigger that I didn't know about. It felt like I hadn't pulled the trigger, like a vein had pulsed in my finger and the gun shot itself. I was target shooting using a lot of guns (30 or so) a friend had.
I shot my hot-water heater that way once.

I was buying an old revolver (spinner) from a friend. First, I laid it in my hand to feel it and look it over, then I took it up in my other hand to feel the grip, and then bang! ~ the hot-water heater was badly wounded. (.22)

So apparently I touched the trigger but I don't remember feeling it. The friend was standing next to me and we were indoors, so we both wound up on our knees, covering our ears, bells ringing in our heads. Then he yelled "That thing's got a hair-trigger on it, you idiot! As if I'd know.
(I should have known; he almost always modified his guns)

Anyway, I traced the bullet through a screen door, the wall of a lean-to, and into my hot-water heater. Up near the top rim, fortunately, but I did replace it.

I don't even care. Alec Baldwin has proven that he is despicable human being. Of course he is going to say he didn't shoot the gun. Maybe his daughter will believe it, while he curses at her in a drunken rage.

Agree here ...... and I'll add, how in the world did a revolver 'go off' if no one cocked it and pulled the trigger ?! If it is a repeater ? do they not have an even stronger trigger pull ?

I surely hope the authorities aren't buying this BS !

The most definitive video explaining how this particular gun works. Note at the end when he says the possibility of a worn safety catch in the mechanism may cause it to fire. Seems like that would be easy to prove or dis-prove. Myself... I believe he had his finger on the trigger as most inexperienced or untrained shooters do. :(
Please note that I'm not comfortable with the title of this video as there has been no forensic teardown of the weapon yet.

Back