Alone but still married

Hello, welcome to the forum from New Zealand. I think you will find there are quite a few of us who can associate with your post. Joining the forum is a good start. (y)

Welcome from Los Angeles! Hope to see you around the forum. We're a lively, friendly, diverse group with regulars living in Europe, Oceania, and across North America (apologies to any areas I've omitted). Some are early birds (like me), others are night owls (@hollydolly). There's always someone actively posting so if you get lonely just check "What's New" on the top menu bar.

Los Angeles.jpg

Welcome from Los Angeles! Hope to see you around the forum. We're a lively, friendly, diverse group with regulars living in Europe, Oceania, and across North America (apologies to any areas I've omitted). Some are early birds (like me), others are night owls (@hollydolly). There's always someone actively posting so if you get lonely just check "What's New" on the top menu bar.

View attachment 190171
Early bird ?... I have you know it's 3.30 pm young lady.... :sneaky:...you should have been outta bed long ago...:LOL:

I do mow my front and backyard - have a self propelled mower and told my husband I think this is the last mow for the year - I don't mind it but it's been 6 months now and time for fall and winter to take over. Hope we don't have a harsh winter. Hate the cold.
I use to mow 30 lawns in town. Now I just mow my own 5 acres. Your right for last mowing this year. I always leave my grass higher on the last cutting. That way it protects the roots from getting frozen.

I heard from a couple of people they like the word games you have here. Can someone tell me how to get involved in that? I do play Words With Friends with my neighbor down the street - sometimes it takes her a couple of days to give me a word but that's fine - there is no rush but just wondering what your word games consist of. Thanks.

Here's a link, you can click on,
Games | Senior Forums

to see our page of games, plus, there's more pages there, lots and lots of fun games.
You are welcome to click on any game title,
and then, go to the last page, and post your turn on it.

Many of us frequently play many of our games.
You can also locate our Games Forum, by looking down (scrolling down)
the Main Menu home page of our forum,
till you find the Games forum listed there.

You're welcome, @kssf

There are a lot of word games, there, with some other types of games mixed in,
but it's not difficult to look for and find the word games, if those are the only ones you like. :)
I hope to see you try some, over there.:)
Whenever you'd like....no rush.

Say, up above you see titles Forums, What's New, Media and Members - what do I click on to get games - I checked each of these titles but can't find games - anyway, am sure you will tell me which heading to click on - thank you!

Thank you all of you for responding. This forum seems very friendly and nice. Appreciate all of you.
welcome......I know this feeling entirely..you have to use reply under each reply to you...to reply to individual people...we get this right together...have a laugh...much needed

Say, up above you see titles Forums, What's New, Media and Members - what do I click on to get games - I checked each of these titles but can't find games - anyway, am sure you will tell me which heading to click on - thank you!
@kssf .. click on "Forums" .. then, keep scrolling until you come to "Games". Click on that, and you should see numerous links to different games.

Hi - just joining now so not sure how this works. I am 77 years old almost 78 in a week. My husband is 82 and helps our son on the farm. I am alone all day - weekends sometimes he works too on the farm. He loves his farm. We do live in a community of around 4,000 people.

I do have girlfriends and belong to knitting groups, scripture group and rosary group and go out every Friday for lunch with friends. But, am still very lonely not having someone here. I do have a daughter who lives 2.5 hours from here and a son who lives 30 minutes from here. I have good kids - they are very busy - daughter has 3 kids and son has 1 son and 2 stepchildren.

I know and I feel very badly and very guilty about not going to my grandson's track games - not because I don't want to but my husband wont come with me due to the farm and I am afraid to drive alone in a big city. I only drive a distance of an hour and am just afraid of car trouble, etc and don't feel safe driving alone. I hate this about me but it is the way it is. My husband doesn't like to drive too far anymore either - so we used to go to Kansas City for 3 or 4 days and relax but he told me no more as it makes him nervous driving in a city now, so anyway this is my life.

I hope I am not writing too much about myself but thought I should introduce myself with a little bit of detail. I do enjoy diamond art and have made several and given a few for gifts but am always struggling to get over my loneliness and I don't know why I feel this way - hope it is ok to post here - not sure how I know if someone posted but will ck my email and maybe there is something in there to say I have an email? Not sure how this works. Well, anyway, here's my first post.
i am from kc. so relate a little bit....strongly suggest ...comeing from a guy that has been alone for 35 years.....get a good laptop or desktop take it on have someone teach you how to skype, search, whereby. zoom, google meet, or any of the other many live online webcam sessions to visit daily with your kids and grandkids in fact they can teach you, and email too........anyone can do it .....

if your potty trained and can put gas in your car use a coffe maker etc. you can do this it will change your life your energy and your atitutude. equals ==== joy- lets go saddle up-

Back