Am I growing old and decrepit?

RE: your title. Gee I hope not! I can't imagine how you are able to cut the tops off jars and bottles! Seems like that would take strength and dexterity. Usually runnung really hot water over the lids & caps works for me. Also twisting them with paper towels (or if you use dish cloths) helps
The lid on the PB jar was plastic. Most soft drink caps are plastic, cut then off with a large, sharp, serrated knife.

I have trouble with the child proof prescription bottles that you have to push down and turn at the same time. I hate those things! Once I finally get it open, I don't close it completely again. Then I just try to remind myself that I am strengthening the muscles in my hand and arm!

I have trouble with the child proof prescription bottles that you have to push down and turn at the same time. I hate those things! Once I finally get it open, I don't close it completely again. Then I just try to remind myself that I am strengthening the muscles in my hand and arm!

On some prescription bottle lids you just flip them over and they just easily unscrew like that. The other way you have to push down and turn.

Last edited:
Well now I feel really non-observant and silly, I just checked my two prescriptions and they both have that option! They look kind of funny with upside down lids tho.
No your neither I just happen to figure it out several years back and you will get use to the funny look but your right it does look different.The pharmacy should tell people "you can flip the caps" if they have that option lol.

For some unknown reason my DH thinks we need an electric can opener. He doesn’t cook but sometimes I’m thankful to have it. It’s tucked away in the cupboard, so it’s not taking up space.. I detest those tab things. I have to pry them up and they fight me when I go to yank the lid up.
I love electric can openers...would never go back to the hand ones. I find I need to use leverage to open some of the flip tab tops because at times the tabs break off and I have to try and use my electric can opener

You've had me searching for a hand device I used to have for opening jars. I guess I probably got rid of it. I don't remember it working well.
I thought I'd give it another try.

"Am I growing old and decrepit?"​

I'm growing older by the minute, but I'm not decrepit yet! It's just a matter of time before it catches up with me. Hopefully, I'll be dead before it gets here. 🥴

Back