The link from "ohioboy" in the Dingo Baby thread has
her trial listed as a famous trial.

This got me thinking, at the time of her friends murder
I did think that she was implicated if not actually guilty
of the deed.

Then the trial where she was found guilty and jailed, but,
there was an appeal and a re-trial, she was found to be
not guilty and freed.

She went home with her family to Seattle.

Several years later there was another trial, but Amanda
stayed in America, she was found guilty in her absence.

I still don't know if she is innocent or guilty, having been
in Italy many times in the past I can understand all the
confusion around the case.

The attitude of the police, there are two different forces,
is gimme, gimme, gimme, money, cigarettes alcohol, any
will do, or you get a ticket and pay thousands of Lira, at
that time there were 2,300 liras to £1, so getting people
convicted was easy for them.

This is still an enigma and probably will always be so.

Mike.

I find cases such as this so frustrating, Mike, because I honestly don't know how investigators bung the evidence so bad, other than having the wrong individuals assigned to the case... individuals who are incompetent.

Don't think Amanda was guilty. Think the guy "dating" the victim was the perp.

Don't know the actual truth Mike, she seems to be guilty rather than not. Unfortunatley Marilyn can't testify, which is the real tragedy.

There’s a Netflix or similar series about Amanda, with her input. I listened to part of a podcast with her. She never mentioned the victim once in the first half hour. I skipped ahead. A little later she was talking about her but it didn’t seem very sympathetic - only that her roommate’s parents hadn’t forgiven her. I found the whole thing tedious and won’t finish it.

The podcast was on Life is Short with Justin Long, March 2nd.

From what I've read about this case going back to its inception, Knox did not know her roommate very well at all and so didn't even socialize a whole lot. Later, it was thought that they did, but not proven. Knox was involved in a serious affair and how all this came about is still weird to me. At any rate, she's off the hook and will have to live with it however it went down.

I remain convinced that "Foxy" Knoxy as she called herself is as guilty as sin. She falsely accused an innocent black man named Diya "Patrick" Lumumba of the crime and he was nearly murdered by gangsters in prison for a crime he did not commit. His business was destroyed, his wife and child nearly attacked, and he left the country for fear of his life. She was willing to have 3 innocent people killed to save herself when she knew her story was a complete fabrication. While she settled out of court with them, the authorities should have charged her with the crime of false accusation. That is a felony which carries a severe and well deserved punishment.

It's a good thing personal convictions are supposed to carry no weight in legal disputes.

She was named 'Foxy' by the Italian press, not herself.

Given the bizarre scenario that the so called authorities came up with; I would have to go with acquit were I on the jury.

Enjoy!

It's a good thing personal convictions are supposed to carry no weight in legal disputes.

She was named 'Foxy' by the Italian press, not herself.

They don't which is why her words about that innocent black man didn't quite pan out.

Back