Amazon food shops, no checkout just walk out without paying......

Some states are increasing the total price of the amount stolen giving thieves the idea they will only be charged with a misdemeanor if the amount is under the limit therefore they don't bother to run.

My comment about shoplifting was because you posed this question at the end of your OP.
"Can you see this being a success or is it open to more shoplifting than ever....?" So I supposed I should have phrased my question... if the system works as seamlessly as portrayed, how would shoplifting be possible?
it was really just a rhetorical question in retrospect.. but I was also wondering if these stores are to become the norm , and paying by apple pay, just how fast phone theft would rise, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.Currently I think we only have 4 or 5 stores in London

No, it was not decriminalized.
I had heard on CNBC that shoplifting in California was no longer a felony if the thefts were held to under $950.00. If caught, the charge would only be a misdemeanor and not a felony. The law under the California penal code is 459.5 PC.

459.5 PC states that “shoplifting is defined as entering a commercial establishment with intent to commit larceny while that establishment is open during regular business hours, where the value of the property that is taken or intended to be taken does not exceed nine hundred fifty dollars ($950). Any other entry into a commercial establishment with intent to commit larceny is burglary.”

Shoplifting was decriminalized.??? What ?..why ?.. and why would anyone bother then to even own a store now if they can have up to 1k of goods stolen from them every day or several times a day..?..and why doesn't everyone steal instead of buying if it's not a criminal act ? 😲😲
It makes me want to trip them on the way out. There are many jobs available for these thieves.

Back