Animals, anything goes....

I am trying to keep squirrels out of my potted garden and I have to admit I am in awe of their curiosity and determination. At first, my concern was all the cats that like to use the planters for a litter box, but it is easy to keep cats out compared to squirrels.

Not only is my garden area completely fenced but it is covered too because the squirrels easily climb fences. Still, the squirrels never give up. They study the fence and make different attempts to find a way in. When it comes to tenacity you just got to admire the squirrels.

Yes, amazing. That deer was single-minded in killing that hawk, even to rebuff the other deer from interfering. Never heard of such a thing.

Most of us may not, nor ever know, everything that goes on in the secrets of the wild. It could be that the deer was once terrorized by a bird.

Or it could be a throwback to......
iu

Bambi and Thumper!

Rhino, Kenya, mid 1980s (unfortunately these pics are mostly from old, subsequently digitized, slides) - we, with our Masai driver, tried unsuccessfully to head of Hyenas stalking a female Rhino with calf........he said that unfortunately the calf would likely be gone overnight.

007.JPG

Fruit Bats, Sri Lanka 1985........saw similar in the NT, Oz, 1962......3 of us were sleeping out under the proverbial stars.....dawn comes, the other guys said they'd seen a lot of ducks flying over in the pre-dawn dark, perhaps (since I had the .22 rifle), I could go downriver and bag some lunch?

Hiked about half a mile or so upriver......heard a lot of NOISE......ducks? Naah, a zillion bats!

PICT0046.JPG

highly-commended_jagdeep-rajput_pegasus-the-flying-horse.jpg

“Actually this is Indian Saras Crane attacking a Bluebull from behind, the bull happened to venture close to Saras's nest, where in, it had laid a single egg. The Saras Crane, which is tallest flying bird in the world, opened it's huge wings and attacked the bull from behind, driving the bull away from the nest”

Back