Another men vs. women thread.

There is a big difference in men and women. Years ago, I worked in a psychiatric facility. At that time, the wards were divided by gender. The differences were dramatic. On the female ward, it was extremely noisy. The women were all talking, and yelling to hear each other over the din. Radios were playing. You could hear music. There was a lot of motion. Over on the male section, it was totally different. It was quiet. There was no music. There were no conversations going on. There was very little interaction between the men. Over on the female wards, women were wandering in and out of their friends rooms. None of this was going on in the male section. And the strange things was the women liked their ward, and were not happy on a "male" ward. The same with the men. They were more happy being with men. When it was decided that there were to be no gender separation., the patients were horrified. They thought this was totally inane. It always amazed me how the old wards had such a noticeable difference, by gender. We're all human, but not all the same.

The fact that women are more talkative shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
peepwall.gif

There is a big difference in men and women. Years ago, I worked in a psychiatric facility. At that time, the wards were divided by gender. The differences were dramatic. On the female ward, it was extremely noisy. The women were all talking, and yelling to hear each other over the din. Radios were playing. You could hear music. There was a lot of motion. Over on the male section, it was totally different. It was quiet. There was no music. There were no conversations going on. There was very little interaction between the men. Over on the female wards, women were wandering in and out of their friends rooms. None of this was going on in the male section. And the strange things was the women liked their ward, and were not happy on a "male" ward. The same with the men. They were more happy being with men. When it was decided that there were to be no gender separation., the patients were horrified. They thought this was totally inane. It always amazed me how the old wards had such a noticeable difference, by gender. We're all human, but not all the same.
Would the genders perhaps have differing treatment protocols based on gender bias, like women maybe have been given medications less often? Just curious.

I'm new here but decided to butt in. I read or heard sometime ago that the female brain fires throughout the entire brain, across hemispheres all the time while a man's brain only fires in certain parts of the brain. I believe that the female brain is always doing something while the male brain has time to just relax. There was a female comedian that did a bit about men's brains and the thought boxes they use. Females don't have those boxes and everything goes all the time. 🤪

Sometimes I think that might be a nice break from "always thinking". I always wondered how it could possibly be that I would say to my hubby, "What are you thinking about?" He would say "Nothing." I figured he was lying to me but it turns out to be the truth.
yes apparently that's true...unlike women, men's Brains have the capability of actually thinking about nothing at all...

Last edited:
Sometimes I think that might be a nice break from "always thinking". I always wondered how it could possibly be that I would say to my hubby, "What are you thinking about?" He would say "Nothing." I figured he was lying to me but it turns out to be the truth.
No, you were right the first time. When men's minds are "at rest", as someone postulated, they're usually strategizing. Your hubby probably figured you wouldn't be interested.

No matter what, I think women where the first ones to scream at the children for one thing or another. You know, hanging from a tree, climbing up a cliff, playing with a bear, pulling up the garden, etc.

Just look at the tv program preferences, males: UFC, boxing, hunting, sports. Females: Real Housewives, family, crafts, cooking, romantic movies etc. But it seems to work okay, although two tv's in the household might be a good idea. :) I would never expect hubby to watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills/Orange County, it would kill him stone dead.:)

I'm told men's and women's prisons are very different in character, (I once did prison visiting to a females only prison south of Manchester, UK, "in case you're wondering!").

I'm told men's prisons are harsher, and everyone more aggressive, though as I've said it is only anecdotal, or what i was told when visiting the womens prison, although a school friend of mine who went on to become a judge told me the highest category prison for men in this area, "Strangeways", where he used to visit clients, was unimaginably tough, (again anecdotal, but I didn't doubt his word on it).

BTW "men versus women" threads always much appreciated, (now where did I file all those jokes and cartoons,...., I will return" :) !)

Last edited:

Back