Another school shooting,

OK, everyone fess up and tell us what kind of gun you took to school when you were a youngster.🤪
When I was in high school, lots of guys had hunting rifles in their trucks in the parking lot at school during hunting season.Guessing that was fairly common in most hunting parts of the country. Can't remember a high school hunter using his rifle to kill at school.

Last edited:
OK, everyone fess up and tell us what kind of gun you took to school when you were a youngster.🤪
fmdog44 I know your post was not serious but it does bring up a good point. I had a Remington 870 12ga. shotgun hanging on an easy rider rifle rack over the back glass of my Ford F150 for four years of High School. No one batted an eye and it was never molested while I was in school. I had been trained by my Father who was an expert in firearms about safety and operation. I was taught by my Mother and Father to value the life of any living creature even plants. I was a hunter and I never killed anything I didn't eat. I never pointed that shogun or any other gun at anyone in anger.

As with most of these types of incidents the parents knew their sons strengths and weaknesses. It seems that they did nothing to help him. Common sense would tell most people that you do not give a firearm to someone who is ill. A child of fifteen is the responsibility of the parents. They are at fault here. Society itself is also part of the problem. Better mental health screening would save a lot of lives if utilized correctly. Nothing and I mean nothing will bring those children back. These are just my feeling at the moment and they are fluid.

Last edited:
I feel like our societies are in such a mess that there is no way to keep it from spilling into our own lives. I am really tired of struggling to figure out everything that doesn't make sense, figuring out a way to stop the mess and even clean it up, tired of thinking somehow "I" am responsible for this and there is something I can do to prevent the mess from growing. This is worse than the World Wars. This war/mess is effecting every human being right now. This is where I start feeling like I am just gonna stop thinking and pandering to this mess. We somehow created this mess, and the garbage is overflowing. I am getting out of the way.

Problem is not the gun itself but of the mentality of the boy who holds and aims the gun. What has changed in the past 30 years to make a young boy think that killing is the solution to anything?
We didn't have a gun culture or what these days could be considered a fetish with many people when we were young. We weren't willing to die for our "right" to own guns, and it seemed like there was a bit of a stigma associated with carrying a gun back then; you were considered a nut and people would treat you like you were a nut, or at least talk about you behind your back. Hell, there was a stigma associated with carrying a knife back then — especially a switchblade.

I remember in the late '70s at a party, a cop-wannabe (but couldn't make it as a cop so he was a security guard) was showing off his pistol. We were drunk and stoned but I remember somebody saying to me, "He shouldn't be allowed to own a gun" because he was a unstable. There were booze and drugs all over the apartment while he was there showing off his gun. He wasn't drinking or doing any drugs, but he was hanging out with us and he was the only one endangering anyone else. Had the police come, we would have been the ones arrested. I doubt he was breaking any laws.

Plus we didn't have mass murderers back then. In our day, we had serial killers. It took time to kill a lot of people — sometimes years, along with massive planning efforts! These days, people just go in with AR-15s and shoot everybody in sight!

Actually, it's a good thing this kid didn't have an AR-15. He might have killed a lot more people.

fmdog44 I know your post was not serious but it does bring up a good point. I had a Remington 870 12ga. shotgun hanging on an easy rider rifle rack over the back glass of my Ford F150 for four years of High School. No one batted an eye and it was never molested while I was in school. I had been trained by my Father who was an expert in firearms about safety and operation. I was taught by my Mother and Father to value the life of any living creature even plants. I was a hunter and I never killed anything I didn't eat. I never pointed that shogun or any other gun at anyone in anger.
Does anyone else see the irony of that statement? The movie (Easy Rider) ends with the hippies getting blown away by a couple of rednecks with shotguns in a pickup truck.

Does anyone else see the irony of that statement? The movie (Easy Rider) ends with the hippies getting blown away by a couple of rednecks with shotguns in a pickup truck.
That was in jest but intentional. That is simply what we called them back then. You are correct it was directed towards the ignorant rednecks in that movie. I think it was taken from a Firesign Theater album.

I feel like our societies are in such a mess that there is no way to keep it from spilling into our own lives. I am really tired of struggling to figure out everything that doesn't make sense, figuring out a way to stop the mess and even clean it up, tired of thinking somehow "I" am responsible for this and there is something I can do to prevent the mess from growing. This is worse than the World Wars. This war/mess is effecting every human being right now. This is where I start feeling like I am just gonna stop thinking and pandering to this mess. We somehow created this mess, and the garbage is overflowing. I am getting out of the way.
Maybe it is a world war with different tactics from the previous two?

Just realized I haven’t been in a high school for any reason for so long, I have no idea what the rules are for guards checking for weapons is. If the expectation is that it happened when he came into the school with his parents, the teachers wouldn’t be thinking to do it again.

If he’s being tried as an adult, can his parents be charged for giving a gun to a minor?
That won't wash. The D.A. in Michigan explained it during her news conference. Michigan has no law that requires secure firearms storage.
Children are permitted to handle & shoot with parent supervision. The only way to convict the parents of any crime is to try to prove the parents knew their child was mentally ill & still allowed him access to a gun. That will be an uphill battle; especially if the kid was under treatment at the time & on medication.
We are looking at this situation as non attorneys & are deciding what should be done on moral grounds. Legal grounds are a very different story.

That was in jest but intentional. That is simply what we called them back then. You are correct it was directed towards the ignorant rednecks in that movie. I think it was taken from a Firesign Theater album.
Fireside Theater. :) I remember listening to them when I was a kid at a friend's house. They were entertaining.

Maybe it is a world war with different tactics from the previous two?
I think that the problem is that we are using the ancient "club the enemy and kill him instinct", and we are swinging at an invisible enemy! The collapse of empires always has this happen. There is a kind madness that descends into the minds of the citizens causing a lot of cognitive dissidence. Things are falling apart all over, and we have no control. A sort of building panic response begins and people act out. Again, I have tried for 30 years to stop this train from hitting us, and have prepared for it the best I can , but it has hit us. The world as we know it is in HUGE metamorphosis.

The day before the shooting he was caught in class looking up ammo, the next day, the day of shooting, the school had pictures he drew of a gun, blood, etc and called his parents in. The school at that point should have searched him and his possessions for weapons! Instead they allowed him to remain on campus! IMO the school shares some blame.

What's the big deal about him looking at ammo on his phone? With today's gun culture, that doesn't seem unusual. And when asked about his drawings, he claimed he was designing a video game. Considering all the violence depicted in video games, it's understandable how school administrators might have accepted that explanation — especially since he didn't have a history of trouble.

There was one boy that tried to disarm him. The news here said he directed the gun in a different way & the shots went over the heads of other kids. He got killed in the process. That was the last bullet in the gun.

At least they have good taste. (nothing worse than a cheap gun)
Front row: M60, Uzi, Thompson.
Back row: Heckler & Koch (Germany's best), AR.

Apparently this handgun was an early Christmas present from parents. Giving a 15 year old a Sig is like giving a 16 year old driver a Corvette. These parents remind me of the turd that gave his son a Lamborghini where wound up killing people in a hit and run.

Why not start him with a 22 handgun or revolver. They're spoiling the child to start with. The Sig was/is notorious for a sensitive trigger especially when it came to the US.

Sadly it comes down to useless parents. The fact that they fled shows their true character.

Last edited:
Apparently this handgun was an early Christmas present from parents. Giving a 15 year old a Sig is like giving a 16 year old driver a Corvette. These parents remind of the turd that gave his son a Lamborghini where wound up killing people in a hit and run.

Why not start him with a 22 handgun or revolver. They're spoiling the child to start with. The Sig was/is notorious for a sensitive trigger especially when it came to the US.

Sadly it comes down to useless parents. The fact that they fled shows their true character.
Not quite the same thing. A fast car is a bad idea for a young driver. With a firearm, the power is determined by the caliber, not the brand.
The kid probably had access to other guns in that nutcase family, including 22's - which are just as deadly as the 9mm he used.
Sig is a high-quality firearm, but the issue is allowing access to any firearm when they know their kid is a sicko.

Wow...just Wow!! :mad: Sen. Thomas Massie posted this photo a couple of days ago, just a couple of days after the latest school shooting. I think it's quite insensitive and he has gotten criticism. This is the family Christmas photo he Tweeted! Article below.

View attachment 197671

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/us/thomas-massie-kentucky-representative-guns-family-photo/index.html
I saw that and thought that it was ignorant and immature. I'm not sure that any of those folks should own a firearm.

The good news is that Thomas Massie isn't hiding who he is behind some traditional holiday photo surrounded by his smiling family in matching sweaters.

Hopefully, the voters in his district will take this photo into consideration on the next election day.

Wow...just Wow!! :mad: Sen. Thomas Massie posted this photo a couple of days ago, just a couple of days after the latest school shooting. I think it's quite insensitive and he has gotten criticism. This is the family Christmas photo he Tweeted! Article below.

View attachment 197671

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/us/thomas-massie-kentucky-representative-guns-family-photo/index.html
This is the kind of stunt that's creating more mayhem, more gun culture and more political turmoil ...there are too many people out there that thrive on this kind of crap....makes me ill.

Back