Answer a Question with a Question...

Yes, and this one is less restricting than the others. Do you find that female overseers are more nit-picking and narrow-minded than males? (thinking of Gransnet, which is one of the worst)

I wonder what duckduckgo is, (an app or search engine, etc)
but no need to answer. I can google that :ROFLMAO:

What did all of you use to look up general info, during the years before Internet?

Depended on how desperate I was for the info. If it was trivia, like where have I seen that actor before, I'd usually have to let the thought go unless the answer suddenly came to me a couple of hours later. For general info I'd ask my mom, husband, children, or friends. Dictionary and encyclopedias helped, too. Like now, I was a frequent library patron, and often went there for answers.

Same question - where did all of you go to look up info before the Internet?

I'm a great reader of various subjects, so I have quite a collection of books to consult when I need information.
Did your parents provide you with plenty of books when you were growing up?

Sadly, because of government cuts, our libraries have closed. I love browsing the book sections in charity shops, and have got several bargains.
Did your mother teach you to read and write before you started school?

Yes I had siblings at school, which is where all of us learned to read.

Our library continues to offer and purchase traditional books. I occasionally read those, but can't beat the convenience of their ebook program.

Are you more apt to go with ebooks or traditional books when getting something new to read?

I browse the free samples on Google play and then buy a book if there is one I particularly like.
It seems odd but, although I have three brothers, there was never a time when we all attended the same school.
If you did have siblings at the same school, did the teachers compare your work?

No @Tish . Sorry but I'm not aware of whether or not, your teachers compared your work with anyone else's.
Would any of you be aware of whether mine did that?

Not unless you told us...but that did happen to me until the teacher realised that the other child had the same name as me, but was not related. My husband was constantly compared to his brother, who was much brighter.

Are you still friendly with people you knew in school?

No, I have tried but come up against blanks. I don't think I'd want to actually meet any of them, I'm just curious to know how their lives turned out. We are so hopeful when we are young, not knowing what the future holds.

Have you been preparing your garden for the summer?

Back